1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yang Hyun Jun

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jul 14, 2023.

Discuss Yang Hyun Jun in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The home game v Sheep he was right and played very well I thought. But he’s looked decent on left too.

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Was that 1st half St J away he was chronic and never got back in since then. But whole team was in that 1st half that day.

3. jvalin

I think he has more potential than Palma cause I'm low on slow wingers (wide players in general). I'd argue he's a better dribbler than Palma as well, albeit a worse finisher. Moving to Europe from South Korea must be a massive change. Hopefully, he'll improve/become more consistent once he settles in.

4. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Really could of done with a loan to another spfl team this month. Being away kinda * chances of that

5. jvalin

He's more of a creator rather than a finisher who cuts inside in order to shoot. Given he's right-footed, I think he's better suited at RW.

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Last few times I've seen him he cuts in 100% of the time. Doesn't look able to cross, or link up when he's on the right.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think yang, oh and holm will all come good if given the time.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Peej likes this.
  8. oh bhoy

hes pish ,we dont need 4 years of hoping he gets better

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He has an easier route infront of him IMO. The guy Oh replaced in the squad in GG could have been an iconic striker in another squad but couldn’t or wasn’t allowed to jump the queue infront of Kyogo, and Oh has less of a chance and needs to keep showing he’s worth his spot off the bench and now has competition for that in Idah, both physical targets as well but different types. So he needs to show he’s that option.

Yang is the same, he needs to show the most of his talent, because he has a lot of positives and now that he can be brought in and out and gave minutes that BR wants rather than minutes he’s forced to rely on him, that he wasn’t ready for, more settled into Scotland and Celtic.

It’s upto him to do it in training and take the opportunities that will come his way still.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Would you say just pish or enough to his game, and young enough to be able to develop him into something?

I genuinely think he’s shown a lot of stuff a good coach, and BR is that it’s his biggest positive as a manager, can work and develop upon it if Yang has the appetite to improve, and is willing to listen and knuckle down to do it.

Random Review and Hammy89 like this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He can, but it's like he wants to cut in more, despite being right-footed. But he doesn't always refuse to go down the byline. Needs coached. Koreans were very happy with his performance last night.

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Fair enough. I just think he's a much better player on the left.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    All have potential, but to fulfil it they need to be starting every week and they won't get that here. So either we loan them out to get the necessary game time or do what we normally do keep them haging on the fringes for a few years, stunting their development and sell them on at a loss or just almighty above what we paid to a team at a lower level than us.
    Again it goes back to us not having a proper structure for developing players properly not everyone we sign is going to be good enough for the 1st team. Had we sent Oh out on loan the past year he'd be far closer to the finisher article that we are looking for.

14. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I feel we have seen enough to suggest he isn't good enough for us - would happily be proven wrong on this but highly doubt I will be.

15. Foley1888

Said it before with Yang earlier in the season for me what he needs to do is simplify his game. I actually think if a coach drilled it in to him his two jobs are hit the byline and pull it back in possession regardless of side he plays off and when the opposite winger has it attack the back post.

If occasionally he tries something different great but focus on the two things above and work on them relentlessly and he could become a far more effective player.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yang is the definition of a project player. Along with Oh and Holm (even Bernardo to a lesser extent).

The problem(s) Yang has, is we have too many projects and fringe players that not just getting him game time is an issue, but the game time he gets is surrounded by other projects. Needs to be that we have a solid 11, then he can come in and have a wealth of experience around him and the pressure to carry the team or chase a win in the last 15minutes isn't all on one guy (or three as some times ends up the case late in games).

I've seen enough to know there is a talent in there and I like his style. But we won't do him or ourselves any favours with the way we attempt to develop players.

And I say attempt, because I don't think we actually do much to educate and develop talent. We more just buy a * load of them and hope that a few of them figure out how to do it on their own.

Like if you had a Maths exam in May, you'd want a proper tutor or teacher to help you. Instead this is like setting the exam and letting the kids self teach without any class time.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Given options up top now he will he lucky to play another minute between now and the end of the season, which would suggest the manager agrees with you

18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Aye that's fabulous Jason, but he needs to do it here in Glasgow for us and not at the Asian cup.

neilly1987 and Mr Shelby like this.
  19. Belgian_lad

For me its the same discussion as with Maeda. They both have their abilities. One is technically gifted, the other huge athleticism. But even if you’d clone both into one… you still lack one elemental skill: football brain. Both have none of that.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm of the opinion he won't make it here. Hope to be proven wrong.

The fact he's had a good cameo in the Asian Cup where the pace and style clearly suits him doesn't make any real difference to my excitement over him.

In order for him to get better he will need sustained game time and I don't see him getting that here anytime soon.

Belgian_lad likes this.