1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

So ssn were rambling pish
    Maybe the kds * aren't too far out ? :fear:

Find it hard to believe though, that there's no 'preferred candidate', wonder what the club is up to, releasing that statement.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Simply covering their arses incase their preferred candidate (Rodgers) doesn't sign on, and we end up wae Malky Mackay.

3. murphy88

When it says Record Sport understands, I would just dismiss it straight away. In other words, they have not got a clue, and are purely guessing. It was just the other week they had to apologise for an article they had previously put on their website regarding the safe standing section. It is an utter rag, and I wouldn't believe a word written in it.

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Not very encouraging on the Rodgers front. I will be furious if this is a ploy to sell more STs. A cheap option yes man won't be tolerated this time around.

5. The Celtic Way

6. Mr Diggler

They would say that though, if as suggested this is a 2nd round of interviews then there is no doubt there will be a frontrunner or 'preferred candidate' amongst the board after round 1.

7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
  8. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The club will almost certainly have preferred candidates, they'll all have preset opinions in much the same way the fans do.

It would look awfully stupid if they identified a 'preferred candidate' for the media to pick up on, only for us not to get him.

9. jamesfr

It does print pish but the fact is he is on gardening leave as his contract was due to run until May 2018 so it's just the figures that are in doubt

10. ordinaryman

His basic salary with Liverpool was £3.25m per year and with bonuses it would earn him £5m.

As with terms of any severance pay for Managers, on exit the former Club, Liverpool agree to pay either a lump sum or an annual amount until the end of his contract OR when BR gets a new appointment. In May 2014, Rodgers//Liverpool signed a new contract, widely reported to be for 4 years - until 2018. So the severance pay still has 2 years to run, which means that unless Liverpool came to some other agreement with BR, he will be entitled to £3.25m from Liverpool unless he takes another job. If he joined us, unless we agree to a basic salary of £60k pw, he would be out of pocket.

11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    its * idiots like you that read the record despite it being a * orange rag.the amount a bullshit in it is unreal.

12. murphy88

So just the most important part of the article then? :smiley-laughing002:

13. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Bit harsh, but good points nevertheless :50:
    * the daily Rangers !

Someone just posted a basic rundown of the figures.

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

The Farkrat has spoken !
    I'm praying to * (most likely in vein) that this dude is right. He reckons moyes is still very much in the frame.

However, some sports journalist also just tweeted that Rodgers has signed, and is getting unveiled within 72 hours. Paul the Tim retweeted it.

15. MattD

Read somewhere that Desmond prefers Keane over Rodgers! :smiley-laughing002:

You couldn't make it up! Prize tool if true, especially considering Keane's embarrassing managerial record.

16. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    If we don't get Rodgers I'm pretty sure it wasn't leaked by Celtic for the ST renewals. They know they need to win back the fans. Not appointing Rodgers now would lead to the complete opposite.

17. cairney67

Well the statement the board released yesterday is that they want u to believe that they are looking at moyes and Rodgers when infact they want everybody to renew there season book and once u do that well get hit with malky McKay or Lambert or possibly stubbs treating fans like absolute tools

18. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Can you post it on here so we can see who the sports journalist is and see how reliable they could potentially be? :50:

19. jamesfr

I'm far from being an idiot,most papers and press are full of bullshit.
    You are assuming that I read the record,I don't, but as they printed that and it was posted on here I and am just responding to it.
    Does your maw know you are calling people "* idiots"

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.