1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henke102

Used to go to Lanzarote alot, always seemed to get guys over there who had 'sources' ! :smiley-laughing002:

2. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

Pellegrini on loan

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I read somewhere that Keane would only come if he was given the same number.

Can't remember where. Pocket change to Desmond but I agree, he won't sanction it.

Shame as that would get us 3 or 4 next level players to add to a decent enough foundation.

4. pablo

Fav Celtic Player:
    petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    Warburtons an outsider then?

5. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Is AgentScotland reliable on Twitter?

6. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Why? What have you heard?

7. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    He's saying interviews to be conducted in London next week. Keane is DDs first choice.

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No.

Definitely not. Considering Matt McGlone tweeted the other day that he'd been told by a reliable source that Keane was definitely not the first choice.

I'd be more inclined to believe him.

9. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We don't need to spend 20 million. I think 10 million would be more than enough to tweak this squad into one that could compete well in Europe, and widen the gap between ourselves and whoever it is thats going to challenge us next season.

In my opinion we only really need a winger and a striker.

10. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hopefully.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I want an experienced centre half, defensive mid while also filling the two positions you just mentioned.

£10m might do it but * it, spend £20m. :smiley-laughing002: OR, spend £10m and put the other 10 towards Ibrahimovic's wage....

12. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd honestly be happy enough with Sviatchenko, Mulgrew, Jozo and Boyata. I want Ambrose a million miles away though. If it takes signing another centre half then yeah but youd think those four would be more than enough cover. Three of them being injured at the moment is surely just down to bad luck.

I wouldn't be against signing a defensive mid if we sell Johansen and/or Bitton, but if Bitton and Brown can get back to their best next season then I would be happy enough, because we have McGregor who can play their as well along with others like Armstrong and Allan who can probably do a job if needed be.

To be honest, if we were to spend 10 million I'd be more than happy for that to cover Ibrahimovic and just forget anyone else :smiley-laughing002:

13. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Ibrahimovic would be very nice. Did you see what he done with PSG :smiley-laughing002: his last game when he was subbed his children where standing at the side of the pitch waiting on him with one wearing a PSG kit saying King and the other wearing one saying Legend. Doesn't half big himself up. https://streamable.com/rqsy

Hopefully there is an announcement soon regarding the managerial appointment, I'm thinking there will be a announcement just before the SC Final.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  14. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I think another striker, possibly a winger and a backup left back is the positions we need to strengthen the most.

15. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    If we can get an investment of £5 million and profit around £10-15 million off selling off the squad, we'll be in good shape to get in 4-5 QUALITY first team players. We need a solid backbone again where we add in Christie/Roberts ect... to compliment that solidity. Need to give a big name manager decent funds or else they'll never come.

16. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Honestly don't want to see us signing anyone until we let four or five players go. We need to be better using the squad we've got first. Only once we've got a more settled team should we be trying to add to it. (This is apart from centre back, we can sell ambrose and get one of them right away).

More I think about it, the less bad of an option Lennon seems, he'll have the hunger he showed when he first started managing here. Got a good eye for a player (knowing what you need to succeed here), has a very good record against the Huns (even when they were under smith). And knows how to build a defensively sound champions league side.
    This may however all be a reaction to the potential of getting Keane, honestly can't understand how he could be considered good, his record is terrible

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

A defensive midfielder.

18. Keano88

Is Ajer no defence minded?

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Manager: Brendan Rodgers

Team Sheet:

Gordon
    Lustig Sviatchenko Simunovic Tierney
    Brown
    Bitton McGregor
    Roberts Ibrahimovic Elyounoussi​

That would do me going into the qualifiers.

20. SuperZidane

Lennon wouldn't have a clue.

Yet managed us to the last 16 of the Champions League. Strange.

Lennon had 2/3 great results in Europe - no dispute. However, we also got hammered 6 - 1 and lost to some average teams. As I have pointed out before, 2 of Lennon's titles were won without the Huns and the first was won only after they went into administration - no better than Deila in the league.

His domestic cup form was no better (if not worse) than Deila's.

People (myself included) rightly criticize Deila for his lack of tactical ability. Lennon was no better - a lot of the football under his reign was woeful.

Lennon may have left after arguing with the board but the truth is that he vastly over-rated his own "reputation" - he thought he would walk into the Norwich or West Brom job. In fact, the only job he could get was at a basket case of a club where he achieved nothing.

Neil is a Celtic legend and a much better player than he was ever given credit for but, IMO, his managerial record is deceiving because, like Deila, it was a one horse race.

If Neil is such a good manager - why are NO other clubs interested in him. Frankly, I think its embarassing the way he is touting himself for the Celtic job - it smacks of desperation. Rodgers and Moyes can afford to keep it cool because they know other clubs will be interested.

After 2 largely wasted years, the club needs to move forward while Rangers are still sorting themselves out. Lennon is not the answer to our problems - it would represent a major step back. I honestly think that many fans, like myself, would be seriously underwhelmed if it was Lennon.

I would love Rodgers then Moyes. Failing that I would go for Lambert or Clarke (no preference). Any manager is a gamble but either of them would be a much better bet than Lennon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.