1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has been the best Celtic striker since Henrik Larsson?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by moravcik1888, Nov 2, 2019.

Discuss Who has been the best Celtic striker since Henrik Larsson? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He scored some big goals, as did JVoH, I just feel that they were playing in a more creative Celtic team. Zurawski stepped in after Larsson left and Hartson was nearing the end of his prime. He played in a fairly average, transitional squad and was a consistent scorer.

I would put JVoH and McDonald in 5th as a front two but if we're on about individual strikers I'd give it Magic.

@moravcik1888 Sammy was better coming from wide than up front, Sammy Sunday aside.

packybhoy likes this.
  2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The Pole played in Gordon Strachan squads that made last 16 twice but I know where your coming from.

JML67 likes this.
  3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree. We all know he had his off days but he was a very talented player who scored some big goals for us over the years especially in Europe. He's got to be one of the most under appreciated players in Celtics history.

JML67 and packybhoy like this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think with Sammy we didn’t set up to suit his game a lot of times. He was almost bypassed and that looked like laziness on his behalf and why fans cracked up. Although he would be guilty of a * first touch.

5. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Dembele

His strength, touch and finish were a class above.

6. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I really dont think that was the case. Samaras * the fans off because it was blatantly obvious that he was picking and choosing when he was going to give 100%. Make no mistake when he did decide he was going out to give 100% and play out his skin then he could be * unstoppable at times. But fans got annoyed how he could go to the Nou Camp and run Barca ragged on the Wednesday night then turn out at McDiarmid Park against St Johnstone on the Sunday and do absolutely * all.

Players cant be on top form all the time in every single game. I even remember Henrik Larsson himself having quiet games. But when a player clearly has the ability like Samaras did and all that was wrong was he wasnt trying in every game, then the fans wont accept that.

packybhoy likes this.
  7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You’re not putting Bellamy & Keane ahead of Dembele are you??

8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What a video that is, has been a fave of mine for years. We have been spoiled rotten with Eduard and Dembele. I love Griffiths too and think he would be up there if it wasn't for his personal problems.