1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where did this all start?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Breathnach67, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Where did this all start? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    As pointed out, the failure to back the rat was the start of the downfall.

I wonder if in just a few years will it be back to rodgers and our CEO will be the rat

Peter has totally mismanaged our club in the last 3-4 years

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Agathe aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Since 2008/09 we have made the champions league 4 times out of 12, yet Lawwell’s wage and bonus has went from £166k to £3.5 million.

4. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

It started when Lawwell starting interfering when BR was here. It's just taken this long to come undone.

Edit: actually think it all started when PL seen the huns wer * and we wer all but quarenteed the league title no matter who the manager as. No real competition so no real outlay needed. No need to build for the future and gain a real dominance domestically (I know,I know...9 in a row etc) and put ourselves well out of reach from das Hun for more than 9 years. we should have a team full of the best academy players and an infrastructure that ensures more are ready for the breakthrough but we went he cheap, that's enough approach.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    callumrae1967 likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

johnboy19 likes this.
  6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Summer 2018. But maybe the signing of Shved epitomised the final breakdown of relations between Lawwell and Rodgers.

Listen back to the Valencia interview and it was literally Rodgers’ farewell so to speak.

“I have taken this group as far as I can” to paraphrase.

The Phoenix, Breathnach67 and Hammy89 like this.
  7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Added to that, the board * about every single summer for the last ~10 years and failing to have us even somewhat prepared for most CL qualifiers.

I have such a rid neck seeing that mob overtake us by a mile in the EL. And they’ll also do the same when they get a crack at the CL next year.

The Phoenix, Smithy, Twisty and 3 others like this.
  8. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The day the club began to gradually pull away from the support as the core reason for its existence. The day the board started referring to us as customers. The day they decided the ethos of our club and our people isn't profitable or good for business, and that the best thing is for Celtic to become just another football club. The day they forgot that, without supporters, football is nothing. The day they decided not to pay their workers a living wage.

muaythai postie and Garrymac1888 like this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    McGinn transfer saga. That started the whole thing for me. It’s went downhill from there. We have slowly gotten worse.

10. bhoy81

to be fair WGS did get into the last 16 with that defence.

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. DonnyCelt

The minute Lawwell uttered the words "every penny brought in through player sales will be reinvested back into the playing squad."

* dirty lying scummy *.

theweeman likes this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Like an iceberg there was probably loads going on under the surface for a long time, but I agree with a lot of posters that the McGinn saga and the infamous day in the showers was when that iceberg finally broke through the surface and we all saw the hideous contortions our custodian are.

13. bhoy81

And people went mental about the Kelly’s stealing money out the club. This * has done the exact same thing.

14. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Ano the question is where did it all start? I can't stop asking myself the question what can we all do? Especially about the board. :47::47:

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. JamesM09

People aren’t going back far enough with Lawwell.

Repeating myself here but he’s lost 3 in a row post Strachan and only their liquidation stopped them going 4+.

Then he brought in the likes of Deila and Lennon again.

He’s * * at his job. An opportunist out of his depth that gets away with it by appointing equally unqualified amateurs so he never gets questioned. The * has survived by carefully lowering the expectation of the support.

We’ve failed in UCL qualifiers so often under him that it’s considered acceptable even when the other team is some minnow with a fraction of our budget. Gaslighting the support into thinking we’re * and any win at all is an unbelievable achievement - that’s his real talent, one he shares with Neil Lennon.

I wish people would stop being so easy to manipulate. Hold your money and drive the * out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  16. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    John Mcginn then the lies about knocking back 9 million for boyata and AEK all in the space of a few days.

17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    In the showers at Hampden , Cup Final day apparently .

18. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Summer 2003 when Liewell was appointed. We just had Seville then this * brought us Artmedia, Sion, Utrecht, Molde, Cluj, Sparta.......never forget MON's words when he left in 2005:

'Celtic fans should prepare themselves for life in the slow lane'

19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This * right now started at the start of this season. Last season we did great and I'll give lennon his credit there. Aye, we * the CL but we romped the europa group with the best football we've played in Europe in a long time, and at this time last year we kicked if done of the best looki g football since the invincible season, if the hun game had gone ahead back last March we would have pumped them and slippy would have been away in the summer. Since March and covid something hasn't been right, there was clearly a lack of work between the club and players as shown with the lack of fitness. A lack of * desire in the play stupid team selections, a board that doesn't give a flying *, some poor recruitment despite the money spent. A complete duality of words from the manager to his actions (players that don't want to be here shouldn't play, proceeds to play the sane team constantly) a lack of tactics a lack of a fane plan. A board that doesn't understand its fans. Paper overcthe cracks everywhere. A stubborn manager that refuses to quit even though he has openly admit he doesn't know and a board thsts to tight to sack him. There's loads more too, we all know that

There are wider problems that have been going on for years of course as many pointed out.

20. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree at the time the club expected the same players year in year out to win what was on offer
    And kept buying unknown players for back up hoping to find gems

No wonder Rodgers legged it