1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What does next season hold in store for Celtic?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Apr 7, 2016.

Discuss What does next season hold in store for Celtic? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scomur1888

We will average above the 50k mark next season id imagine so the extra cash we make along with the cash we have been ringfencing over the last 4 seasons will see us strengthen hugely on the park that will see us qualify for the champions league.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't think we will qualify for the Champions League......again. Have no confidence in Ronny unfortunately to set us up in the correct way in order to negotiate 3 rounds. Plus, tactics aside, I still think we lack quality in key areas.

I'm pretty scunnered to be honest overall. I'm not really sure what is going to happen, I don't see the board booting him out now before the qualifiers but then leaving it till late August/September to get a replacement means he(whoever that would be) has no time to assess what he has.

I don't think Moyes will end up at Villa so there is still a slight chance of him coming here. If he was to come one thing would be certain, he'd have to be given certain promises regarding finance. I for one don't trust the board to meet those promises.

3. Gift From God

A double next season should be expected I can't imagine we will get the treble.

Hope I am wrong.

4. raymo67

I actually think we have a good enough squad to qualify for the champions league next season but wont do much once in the group stage the problem is we have a shocking manager in charge and the players are simply not responding to him& I cant see the board getting rid of him unless he loses to Rangers in semi there would be no way back for him if the unthinkable happens.

Would rather see some youngsters get a chance next season with the state of the scottish game its time to bring them thru.

5. Gift From God

I don't think we are good enough to qualify for the champions league especially if we keep our manager that doesn't even know our best XI.

6. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Ronny should be given a chance next if he wins the double, increased investment will hopefully happen due to Sevco coming up. Not holding my breath though

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

What have you seen that gives you any confidence next season would be any different to the previous 2 seasons CL qualification/European horror shows?

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Qualification to CL, land of milk and honey.(corruption) 3rd place and enter Europa. Quarter finalists at least. Not gonna scud a treble.(all such talk should be banned) League and cup double. A harmonious squad and management team.(whoever that may be) Some decent fitba along the way. Sounds gorgeous.:50:

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:smiley-laughing002:

As Bjork would say.. 'Stop confusing me with your wishful thinking!' :smiley-laughing002:

10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

13. Gift From God

Griffiths will leave and we will come 5th

14. shaunbhoy2010

Deila will still be at the helm and the football will continue to be *.

15. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

It depends if we have super Derek or not.

16. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Have to be honest that I'm not as confident as I was this time last season. And if we screw Europe up again he needs to go. But I think we've been building up to something good since he came in, he's changed the whole approach at the club in footballing terms, diet, training, youth etc. We still have players taking up training time and wages that shouldn't be here as well, once the clear out is complete that will be massive.
    We are capable of some very good football but consistency is an issue partly because I think he deliberately doesn't have a "best team", in that he has a good amount of good players who he expects to compete for places and play their way into the team. That's my impression anyway. Although he still could use subs better and drop players who just aren't doing it like Broony. Talking about that, I think we have done better recently without Broony than we did when we had a similar situation when Ronnie first came in. Prob because of his thing about not having a "best team"? Not sure.
    I think all things, on and off the pitch, considered; he deserves one more shot at Europe. At this point it's hard to say it's not a bit of a gamble though as things haven't been great the last wee while but still.

17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I have good time for your posts but come on. Why do you think he has made all these revolutionary changes? Honestly why do you think this? Is it because he has said he has done this? Lennon gave an interview and he said that the players got the best of food and access to nutritionists and all the rest of it. What he did say was that if a player had a tin of coke occasionally then it's not the end of the world. He treated the players like men and they * worked for him.

If people actually believe that we were somehow stuck in the dark ages before Deila got here then people will believe anything. We actually look noticeably less fit since he came in. Now you put a lot of stock into that post about his revolutionary methods and all the rest of it but need I remind you that this guy has a thought field therapist on staff. I know that placebo effects can work. It is medically proven but he actually believes in it, which raises massive questions about his judgement.

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Good post and the part about Broony certainly is worth thinking about.

19. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Og1, how much do you know, clinically, about thought field therapy? Other than what you've looked at on YouTube? It has been stated countless times that the therapist is working with Ronny, not the players. So stop implying that it's a voodoo ritual and that he is forcing the squad into it. Numerous high profile athletes and sports teams use them also, but forget all that, doesn't fit in with your * minded agenda to force your opinion on everyone. You're deliberately muddying the waters here. Genuinely can't believe that you get banned for a few weeks (great times) and come back spouting the same chat over and over. Give yourself a break.

20. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I am from a science and engineering background and I know that when peer reviewed journals from actual professionals discredit it, then there is no smoke without fire. Other than that I actually did plenty of research on it personally as I like to be sure when I am calling something out as ridiculous. And I can tell ye that I am being kind. If you watch some youtube videos and read up on it you will conclude what any rational person would. Well I dont actually know you so I cant say for sure but if you're not a moron then you will see through it as any reasonable person would.

I dont want this to turn into a discussion about faith healing because it's a waste of time, we have * bigger football related problems. I just used that point to highlight that his competence has to be called into question at every level. It is like our manager proclaiming to be a flat earther. I would not want a flat earther picking our team and directing our club nor should you.