1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sydneysider

Its the other way around at the *-hole, they use the UK military to garner support for the plastic huns

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Laura Kuenssberg, I think she’s had a stroke and no * has told her.

GAA_Celtic likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

She's a right creepy looking *. :56:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Try hards and ignorance.

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Jobcentreplus. Scum were going to sanction me for signing up to a training course that will get me into work because it means that i am not available for work. * muppets. Their job is supposed to be getting people into work. Not preventing them from getting them into work.
    Then * said that i have to pay back travel money they gave me to attend a course as they dont have details of the course. Told them that it's in writing that i was given the money which i was entitled to.Then, because she didnt like that she said i was going to be sanctioned for not turning up for appointment the previous day. I said, what appointment. She said one that was made to help get work clothes.
    Told her there wasnt an appointment made. I also showed her the appointment sheet and she was really * off since it wasnt in writing.
    She said cant deal with me now as its overrun. Told her not my problem and signed off and left. What a *.

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

That's a terrible way to treat a person, no one is any better than anyone else she shouldn't be in a job working with the public, it's as if the system is designed to not help the folk who need it

neilly1987, Drakhan and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Joke mate. Absolute joke.

I worked in a Jobcentre years back, and I * you not, we had targets to meet for sanctioning people. Yep, one to ones consisted of

“you haven’t sanctioned anyone this month, Mark, you have to sanction 6 people per month”

Aye but everyone has been sound, doing their job searching and that, and the one guy that didn’t quite do the 10 things on his agreement just forgot to check the newspaper on Friday because he’s down on his luck and becoming more and more depressed every time I see him, feel for the big man, worked in the NCR 30 years and he’s finding this transition really hard, I’m trying my best to help him even though I’m being asked to just tick boxes and kick him while he’s down

“Ah, you see, there was a chance to sanction someone, you’ll know for next time, now up your game”

Ehm, nah yer alright.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Is it any wonder they have security in the job centers ?

The fault lies in the training and management, it's a mess.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    ‘Sanctioning targets’ is the most morally bankrupt thing I’ve read about, in a long time.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The official word from DWP is that this isn’t targeted but it is well documented that Jobcentres did/do this. That was nearly 10 years ago I worked there and it was just coming in, coalition government saw to this and it was a major part of every team briefing.

I don’t like to see all Jobcentre staff tarred with the same brush however, there are great people out there who have claimants best interests at heart. No surprise that stress in the workplace is rife within Jobcentres when management push people to treat humans like this.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    When ye canny manage a proper yawn.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have you tried wiggling your lower jaw left and right proper rapid and taking deep breaths at the same time?

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Aye...........................the people on the bus just thought i had a disability. :67:

packybhoy, neilly1987 and Marty McFly like this.
  14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shoulda got on for a hawf then

packybhoy, neilly1987 and The Prof like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

:56:

Seriously though i'll give that a try. :50:

Marty McFly likes this.
  16. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Sheffield and chip butties.

17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Fs how big was the bread?

Doogs., neilly1987 and The Prof like this.
  18. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I remember about 15 years ago when I was last out of work and on JSA, was finding it hard to find work and was on the dole for about 5 months in the end. Remember being constantly threatened with being sanctioned by this one * who was a right jobsworth.

The worse bit I found was that I found/applied for a job 40 miles away only 2-3 weeks into claiming JSA, spoke to the job centre and a lovely lady (they’re not all bad like Marty says) said they would pay for me to get the train to the interview and if was offered a job would be able to sort some assistance to cover costs of train travel for the month leading up to my first pay packet.

Got through the interview, offered the job on the phone on the train back, and on my way back home from the station went to the job centre. Told them I’ve been to the interview and been offered the job and gave them my train ticket to claim back and that I’d like arrange having my travel costs for my first month paid etc.

I was handed back my train ticket and told they can’t do that, and they can’t subsidise my train travel for a month, so had to call and say I can’t do the job and why etc, and spent another 4+ months searching for something else. Still * me off to this day, especially considering how down and depressed I got towards the end of it, spending any spare cash on spirits to just switch off/knock myself out etc. And for the cost of £10 + £250ish for a month rail season ticket could have saved 4-5 months JSA and housing benefit etc.

19. StevieBhoooy!

Any person .. ANY .. especially footballers that pose for photos or tv cameras doing that * heart shape thing with their hands.

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Love this:

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
    The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain:
    Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
    We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
    Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a r azor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the"green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart * young person.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to * us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.

Dalbeth3, Johniebhoy. and bagforlife like this.