1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Settle doon for * sake :smiley-laughing002:

Be excellent for us? not bet against him cutting it in Europe?

Mind your talking about a * that hasnt yet forced himself in to the St Johnstone team. If he was so good as Hammer said above why hasnt he ever played for Scotlands youth teams?

2. LoveTheTic88

There's quite a big difference in the 3rd division to 1st division!

St.Johnstone haven't gave him much of a chance until now, it's took about 45 goals in 65 games in 2 different loan spell's for St.Johnstone to realise they might actually have a player on their hands.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Several seasons? He's 20 and has played in the Third and First division on loan FFS :56:

He's barely played a handful of games for St Johnstone in the SPL where you are getting this from (other than a crystal ball) I'm unsure?

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Stevie May ffs:smiley-laughing002:

5. LoveTheTic88

I'm not for 1 minute saying he should be signed just now.

He's just definitely worth following this season to see how he gets on, started off where he left off at Hamilton so far.

Should he maintain it over the course of this season then there will be quite a bit of interest in him.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The 2nd top scorer in the 1st Division last season was a guy who scored 2 goals in 34 games for Bournemouth, a League 1 club who released him.

Until hes proven himself in the SPL then we shouldnt even have him on our radar.

Absolute madness people suggesting a First Division player could waltz into our team and be "excellent for us" :52: jesus christ

7. LoveTheTic88

In fairness, look at the move it got Lyle Taylor? Sheffield United. A team that'll be looking to make the championship this season.

8. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    With the kind of service he would get at Celtic, I'd be very confident of him doing v well in the SPL for us. I have no idea why he's been overlooked for the youth teams. I imagine it's to do with playing in the lower leagues. Doesn't change the fact that he's a v good player. I saw him 3 times last season, and I really think he'd do a right good job for us in the SPL.

9. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    As I've said, I've seen him and think he has the attributes to do some damage in the SPL. Some of us actually watch non-SPL stuff before we judge it, you know. :50:

10. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    At the end of the day, the boy's a born goalscorer. Give a goalscorer better service than he currently gets, and he'll only blossom.

I never said he could slot straight in to the first XI; however, I'd be v confident that he'd quickly grow into an excellent asset in the SPL at least.

11. murphy88

So you don't think Van Dijk will go straight into the team when fit? He got in the Eredivisie team of the year last year, so to think he won't have a direct impact is silly in my opinion. What exactly are you basing him on by the way. How many times have you seen him play?

You keep saying, will he stay fit, you are basing that on one injury. Any player we signed could have come in and got injured. You are already questioning players over injury worries because they have picked up one injury.

Balde wasn't signed as a 30 goal a season man though, and we knew that before he signed. I personally have a bad feeling about him, and have done since we signed him, and i'm just basing that on a gut feeling.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dae ye, aye?

Several seasons indeed.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

The amount of people saying Stevie May for Celtic is quite funny. :56::56::56:

I genuinely think he gets more attention and gets bigged up more because he looks like a foreigner with that dodgy long hair of his.

14. Roskopicachu

With Kelvin Wilson on the way out, Dijk comes into contention every time he's fit. He'll take time to settle - he has some very obvious weaknesses, but he also has some real assets. For starters it's build up play at the back between him and Efe. He'll make some mistakes early on but he'll be a player for us. I'm certain of that. It's just i thought Wilson was gonna stay.

The guys have the raw talent - Balde does to. I have seen them play and feel free to quote this: Balde has been signed to become a 30 goals a season striker, but this one isn't gonna happen over night, whereas Dijk looks capable.

The worry i have for Dijk is really when he's the last man. I'd rather have him in that old Wanyama role and like Wanyama did, he'll begin at center back.

I'm probably wrong, but it's just how i see it. The secret to getting through these ties for the qualifiers, is to score goals - and right now, we haven't found them freely enough.

15. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I seen that we were reported to have had a £2.2 million bid rejected for Lior Refaelov last week. I would imagine we would buy him now we got Derk, although Rafealov is more of a attacking midfielder than an out and out winger.

16. Lenny16

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    emdae hink hitselsberger(spelling) would be worth a punt he's on a free and don't think his wages would be to high

17. eastcorkbhoy

I think Tom Huddlestone ( Loan) or Lior Relaelov would be good players to get. I feel we need a very creative midfielder, especially in Europe to slows things down (sometimes) and play the killer passes. We may now need another centre half, as well and obviously a top class striker. On the downside, Huddlestone is injury prone but an excelent passer. I know Lior R. is a attacking Mid and worth considering. I know he has been linked with us before. I have a feeling we will get targets in after tonight's game. We need to rebuild; as we have lost Gary, Big Vic and possibly Wilson as well. Time to slash the cash. As I have said before on here, I know we must be looking for players, very busily at the moment. Hopefully targets coming. Champ.. League is the aim big time.

18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Away and look up 'several' in the dictionary if it helps - or don't 2 seasons count as 'more than 1' any more? All I'vs said is - from actually seeing him at games (have you?) - he looks like the kind of player who could do us a right good turn in the SPL, given time. Not a ridiculous statement in the slightest; certainly not as daft as all but writing off a player you've hardly seen.

19. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Potential Wanyama replacement in Christian Landu Landu of Viking FK in Norway. 21 years old and plays as a Defensive mid or centre half but can also be played full back.

He's been involved with the first team since he was 17, transfermarkt suggests he is well capped by Norway's youth teams and could be brought in for cheaper than wanyama was. The Tippeligaen is a league we like to look at and I hope this guy has caught the eye of the scouts :50:

20. Zoso83

The silence from celtic in the transfer market is deafening. I'm starting to * myself with us losing players and others looking like they are on their way out. * nightmare :31:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.