1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roskopicachu

@ murphy:

Time will tell. They are good signings, but i'd argue they are players we didn't necessarily need. Over the course of the season we'll see how good they are.

Here's the thing. We are signing players for the champions league right. So how many of these new signings are actually gonna play in the qualifiers?

Does Balde look like a guy who is gonna get a lot of goals? Does Dijk look like a guy who's gonna be able to deal with teams playing on the break. Is Dijk gonna stay fit, is Mouyonkolo gonna stay fit.

The pre-season games were competitive and we can only really judge them on that and from what i've seen, i don't think they are what we needed.

Please don't start on the cliches about writing off players, because i'm not.

It looks to me like we have strayed away from the bargain basement signings, towards a higher grade of transfer fee. That can't really be argued. What can be argued is how other players, available for less money could have made a direct impact on the team.

I don't really see Dijk or Balde having a direct impact, i see them developing to being good players in the future and we paid top dollar for them, more money than they were actually worth and not necessarily the players we needed.

You can grumble about it, but Balde isn't a natural striker and Dijk wants to play attacking football - and he's a center back!!!

From what i heard, the Dutch boy wide left looks very good and i think he's worth the money - if he stays fit.

So it's all good we signed good enough players, it's just that outwith the left winger and the 16 year old striker i think we threw a lot of money away on a defender who will get caught out of position and a striker who doesn't link up with the other players.

*, sorry i'm being negative - so i'm just gonna come out and say it. I don't think we've signed the guys who are gonna take us through to the Champions League, i think they are players who would be good when we get their and if we don't get their they will not want to stay.

2. albashamrock

This is probably BS as I don't know if this site is reliable especially after we signed Derk

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=125895

XCLUSIVE TMW - Celtic challenge Lille for Estigarribia

Daily Network
    ©2013
    05.08.2013 12.20 by Claudio Colla read 456
    © foto di Daniele Buffa/Image Sport

After two seasons in a row spent playing in Italian Serie A, first for Juventus then for Sampdoria, Paraguayan international winger Marcelo Estigarribia, still owned by Deportivo Maldonado and already tracked by Lille, has been targeted by Celtic Glasgow, according to latest rumours collected in exclusive by TMW. Scottish giants have proposed Uruguayan side a loan signing including a 4 million euros hiring purchase option, while French club are offering a 400 thousand euros paying loan (plus 100 for bonuses), 3 million euros for hiring him back, including the 20% on his future releasing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  3. pokerbhoy74

We were linked with him before we signed Derk, don't see it now,

4. albashamrock

Yeah suspected there was nothing in it

5. Celticbhoy111

I'd quite like Stevie May

6. LoveTheTic88

Stevie May looks very very promising, 50 career club goals in 90 club appearances.

Only 20 years old.

Definitely one to watch out for/keep an eye on.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I want us to buy Stevie May.

8. LoveTheTic88

Could do a lot worse than May, COUGH Doyle COUGH.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

May is a flash in the pan, nowhere near good enough for Celtic.

10. LoveTheTic88

Scored a heck of a lot more goals than Tony Watt and is the about same age?

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Seems like a great talent to me :50:

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Over a year older and you would do when you're playing for lower league clubs for 50 games when you're 19 and not sitting on Celtic's bench.

13. Kayal338

Suarez want cl football .. LOL !

14. LoveTheTic88

Certainly can't argue with May's goal return.

Incredible strike rate, 25 league goals at Hamilton in the First Division last season who were 4th/5th.

Very impressive.

15. LoveTheTic88

Didn't actually realise he was the Scottish First Division's top scorer last season to.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yet it has taken St Johnstone to beat Rosenberg and Minsk for him to suddenly be called up to the U21's and for everyone to think he is good enough for Celtic?

He's 20 so he may get better but he's nowhere near good enough as things stand.

17. LoveTheTic88

I actually wondered why he wasn't given a chance by St.Johnstone after he did really well at Alloa the season before going to Hamilton.

He pretty much proved St.Johnstone wrong to of loaned him out again with the way he demolish the first division.

18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    :97:

He's been doing the business for several seasons now: improving with each year. He'd be excellent for us in the SPL, and I'd not bet against him being able to raise his game for Europe, given time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    His name alone Stephen May just means he wont cut it at the top level :smiley-laughing002:

Andy Little of Sevco scored 20 odd goals from the right wing in the 3rd Division last season and he is shocking, makes Craig Beattie look like Batistuta.

He will have to prove himself in the SPL this season, ive barely seen him but hes not been playing in the 3rd and 1st Divisions for nothing.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I'd suggest the exact opposite!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.