1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    IMO he'd be brought in to replace Brown. I doubt both would play at the same time, far too defensive.

CountyDownFaithful and Foley1888 like this.
  2. Foley1888

The only place in the team I could see McCarthy taking is Browns being honest and that seems unlikely. These days he seems to play as a deep midfielder and is still a very good player when fit. He would be a good successor to Scott Brown but not sure Brown would be keen to take a step back this season.

It will also need to be that James is keen as we won’t be able to match wages from EPL and he still has two years on his current deal so you would imagine Palace would be looking for a decent fee.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Jean Todibo on loan from Barca (suggestion).

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Fletcher and Mccarthy, I'm Presuming someone is just mischief making.

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lionel Messi on loan from Barca (better suggestion).

belbhoy likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d love that.

Sure I saw he was pals with Eddy or Ntcham. Jullien too from Toulouse times.

limezer and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Shame he just went to Lille.

MacEwan likes this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Whoever we are going for I’d rather it was done soon. All good and well saying the window doesn’t close for 2 months. But that’s a heck of a lot of league game’s and all the qualifiers before that. Get them in now and if anything pops up we fancy later on in the window then great.

9. CountyDownFaithful

With the season underway and qualifiers a couple of weeks away, I’d like us to get the majority of our business done in the next couple of weeks.

CB and LB are priority positions IMO. One injury in either position and we are having to take a gamble on Boli or Bitton potentially playing out of position.

Would also like to see a Winger and ST come in. Ideally a winger who can play on both wings or maybe even two wingers if we can get shved off the books. Out with Moi and Forrest we have no experienced/proven back up wingers.

No need to emphasise how big a season this is. We all know it. We need to be fully prepared for all eventualities.

Paradise88 likes this.
  10. Paradise88

alot of players we can attract will wait to see if we qualify for the CL, so I'm not expecting any signing news soon. We lost out on Robert Gumny last season for failing to make the group stages. Would be good if we could really nail on our defense. Centre half is going to be crucial.

We can hope for Toney/ajeti and an Edouard extension in the mean time.

11. limezer

I think Toney would do well with us, more importantly a solid Cb is required, I still think we also need a better lb and possibly a winger (Roberts)

12. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

The Roberts ship has sailed, hes no coming back.

13. jambo_cfc

Me also , huns arent * about this window , could be signing duds but they seem to come with decent reps

14. jamiebhoy67

Like who? Need I remind u of Bruno Alves Phillips senderos Jordan rossiter Joe Barton joey garner tht mexican striker they signed hagi arfield etc etc etc dont let the media and huns hype cloud ur judgement the boys they have signed are dug meat 11 goals for tht guy from St gallen who kamberi replaced hes below mediocre very bad technically not a great finisher creates very little just does alot running. Klimala is better at this moment and roofe?? If he was that good why did Leeds let him go?? 36 goals in 3 year? Dug meat they have signed them 2 plus a Wigan defender who played less than half the season and hes auld into the bargain they have signed 2 strikers to replace 26 goal a season Alfredo we have eddy whos doing the job of three of them put together. Imo we need another go to striker a winger a cb and left back and then see what we can scoop up in terms of a centre mid punt rogic aswell imo

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye I dont see any reason to get worried. I know it's easy to do so because you look and see 2 new strikers but....meh.

They're good signings on paper. But let's see. We will do our business when we are ready...weve made 2 key signings. People forgetting Elyonoussi did actually go away and weve got him back.

3 more I think we will get of a good quality. If we do that and keep our best players, we are sorted.

Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  16. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It had all went quiet on that one but I figured he would go outside England. Pity

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Looks to be a decent little player as well too.

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    We should be all over Anthonee Robinson. Has a £1.5 million release clause now that Wigan have been relegated. Him and Frimpong would be unreal down the flanks.

Jeremie Frimpong and RabS like this.
  19. Pearse67*

Linked with paddy mcnair again.

20. Foley1888

Given the situation at Wigan any of their players that are decent will have plenty of interest probably including from us, as we have been linked with a few.

I would imagine a talent like Robinson being available for a cut price will have plenty of options hopefully we have thrown our name in there as he looks a good pour with the attributes required to fit in our team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.