1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    hearts put a 6m price tag on driver the other day so he wont be coming here. i can see wallace and gomis coming and i would definetely welcome those signings but i dont like the sound of arfeild

2. OC

I know mate, I've seen Arfield in FM 9, good potential. As for Driver, I'm sure that Hearts would accept less than 6 millions. They know it's unrealistic and we can make a move on him. 3 millions should be enough to secure his signature.

By the way, I can't answer you visitior's message, something's wrong, but I'll answer you soon, I hope, just to resolve the problem.:50:

3. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    just pm me what you were going to say

4. Tictical_Genius

Why do you continually advocate restricting ourselves to looking in Scotland for talented players? I don't understand this.

My above team was to highlight the abundance of players we have recently had in the squad at a certain level. These guys probably mustered about 10-15 full games for us between them last season. Guy's like Arfield, Driver, Wallace and Gomis are hardly any better, if at all, so why bother bringing them in?

My point is, we should be looking for quality over quantity, do you want the choice of 4 mediocre players for one position, or 1 very good and 1 mediocre as back-up?

5. OC

You didn't understand me. I wasn't aiming at the fact that we should look for players in SPL. My recent post was:

"Alright. After hearing that, I think that we should be aiming much higher than SPL 'stars'."

Looks like you forgot what I said.

We should develop our young forces and not to sign SPL players to have them in the reserves. I think we should be aiming much, much higher and if we get some of our youngsters to develop nicely, like Maloney and McGeady did, than we have no fear whether Rangers will win the league. We also need some proven qualities (over quantity, as you say and I 100% agree with that) from EPL or some other stronger leagues.

6. Tictical_Genius

I thought you were being sarcastic when you followed up by saying these guys were hot prospects and would be easy for us to get.

Just a forum misunderstanding.

I think a mix of home reared players and high quality imports is what we've all been after. It seems that we've not quite got the blend right at moment, nothing a couple of decent signings wont fix though :50:

7. OC

These days we're finding it hard to find suitable players for us on the level of first team. Sure, we can sign SPL player and develop him to a decent level, but I don't think we'll be getting Lubo, Henke or Sutton tipes of players. We had Naka, he's the closest to them in recent years. We need cash and adequate scout reports for that.

I can't see any reason why we can't recognise youngsters who are 13, 14 or even 15 and sign them to our youth academy. That would pay off, trust me.

And, may I add on top of all of this, I quite like your thinking. Have read some of your posts and I recognized some healthy thinking. Keep it up.:50:

8. celticfc482

a front three of

Mcgeady Mcdonald Driver

thats would be amazing, sklful, a ton of pace, biggest problem is height however

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

spot on mate

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Gelson Fernandes was fantastic under sven playing the holding role , looked a right good player city have alot of lads that will not pay and need away , he would protect and let Broony and co attack with him sitting and clearing up , he still young and would have future sell on value , would cost us around 2.mill ,

Caicedo Guys built like a tank and very pacey and decent finnish on him being linked with moves to Sporting Lis on loan , could be a very good option with view to buying ,

Ched Evans Same very strong good pace great in the air , loan view to buying him yet again poss sell on in future .

Swedish midfielder Ramus Elm currently plays with Kalmar , very good young attacking centre mid , remind me of Stan , better than Bronny as he pass and open sides up and score , valued at 1,5 mill Fulham etc tracking him after under 21's ,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  11. Scarecrow

ched evans is pish, no better than what we have and i include sammy in that...
    from man citys attack though i would look at benjani caicedo and the recently released vassell, shola ameobi could also do well in the spl
    for left back i think del horno at valencia with lee wallace as back-up or first choice and keep naylor if we cant get del horno as wages may be a problem

12. cfc-bennett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Glenn Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ched Evans certainly isn't pish hes still young and has alot of potential i think he would do well up here and it would certainly be a good move for him because he isn't going to get a look in at man city

13. Dirty Harry

Ched Evans has real potential and could be a hit at celtic park.

14. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone

heard sheffield united, newcastle and west brom are keen on him.

15. Dirty Harry

16. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    talk of sunderland paying £14million :eek1: for crouch

17. Dirty Harry

back to the drawin board then :52:

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I thought it was quite funny how some guy said Evans was pish but suggested we sign Vassell, that made me smile.

Gelson Fernandes is quite good. Bit of a sideways type player, he moves like a crab. But thats not always a bad thing. Like Holy Pope said he would be a good foil for Brown. He is very athletic and can tackle, and will sit in there and let Brown go a wee bit. Would be nice to see him with Crosas in the midfield with Brown just ahead.

19. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    ano i couldnt believe it when i heard it on ssn this morning. just about choked on my toast!

20. skidrick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    never mind crosas get robson back, hes the man :50:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.