1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Apr 22, 2012.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So far so gOOd with regards to Watt. If him and Rhodes continue their progress then Scotland could for the first time in years have a great partnership. All we'd need is Levein to swallow his pride and make amends with Fletcher.

2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Still only 18 but I'm already confident he can continue to get goals in the SPL. Too early to tell how far he can go in the game, but the signs are good.

I mean this in a nice way, but his playing style reminds me of Kenny Miller. Quick, good strength and will run and chase all day long. Didn't give the ICT back 4 a minutes peace and was constantly pulling into the channels and darting in behind.

Hope he continues to improve.

3. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Start him on Wednesday, deserves it. And hasn't showing any reason why he shouldn't

4. Shane1888

I might be biased, but he's much better than Miller... :icon_mrgreen:

5. gunt

I have a funny feeling Stokes may move on by the end of this season so maybe you are right and we should sign Rhodes.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Exciting talent, another feather in the cap of the scouting team.

He'll get plenty game time this season so hopefully he takes his opportunity.

7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly keeping tabs on Celtic’s teenage striking sensation Tony Watt. The Old Trafford boss has had scouts monitoring the Scottish Under 21 international since the back end of last term and will have been impressed with the progress the 18 year old has made of late.
    The former Airdrie player moved to Parkhead in January 2011 for a fee of just £80k and is now considered one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football. Sir Alex Ferguson had recently adopted a youthful transfer policy, with one or two obvious exceptions, as he looks to build for the future.
    Ferguson paid £4m to bring in young England Under 19 international Nick Powell and is seemingly interested in making a move for Celtic striker Watt, such have been the scouting reports he has received.
    Watt scored a brace in his first appearance for Celtic, coming on as a substitute last April against Motherwell and netting twice within his first seven minutes for the Glasgow side. On Saturday the youngster made his first start for the Parkhead side and once again scored twice.
    Lennon will be more than aware of the interest developing in his young charge and may well find it hard to keep hold of the teenager if a big side makes an offer.
    Ferguson is likely to hold off on any offer for the Celtic striker this summer but is following his progress with a view to luring Watt to Man United if he does indeed continue to impress in the SPL.
    Sir Alex Ferguson has brought in a number of young talents in recent seasons, with the likes of David de Gea, Javier Hernandez, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling making an instant impact following their arrivals at Man United and the Old Trafford boss will hope that Powell will move through the ranks to similarly become a first team regular.
    The Man United boss may well see Watt as a player he would like to see follow a similar path to the Premier League side in six months to a year.

8. Celtic abu

That hun * can go * himself

9. Adam426

Oh * hope he's not the next Liam Miller. :47:

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

1 start, Man United interested :56:

Nae danger, * tabloids.

11. gunt

well going to Man U would certainly screw his development up big time. He would be crazy to entertain that. No logic in us selling him now either. See how he does this season, if he does well extent his contract by another couple of years. Dont even consider selling him for 3 or 4 years. He could be worth a fortune by then.

12. jmcdaniel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Former: Henrik Larsson; Current: McGeady or Samaras
    There's no way this transfer happens this season, unless someone just comes in with a ridiculous offer. No need to sell him, he costs nothing and has potential to be great. The only way we'd sell is if the offer was just insane.

13. C2911

Not getting too excited about him.

Taken his goals well but he's looked pretty average every time I've seen him. Lets wait and see if the goals keep coming before claiming he's the next big thing.

14. Chris Sutton

Really? This is an 18 year old we're talking about remember?

15. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    What are you expecting him to do score bicycle kicks from 45 yards out?

go have a word with yourself

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Average?

What games are you watching?

He has pace, power, can hold the ball up, can go by players, has a good first touch and loves to shoot from all angles.

Add the goals he has already scored and we have a very exciting prospect on our hands. Make no mistake he is just a prospect at the moment but to call him average is ridiculous.

17. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Maybe you shouldn't watch the games with your eyes closed, and your fingers in your ears. And facing the other way. On mars. Then you'll see why everybody is praising him.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

19. C2911

:56:

Calm down guys. I'm just saying I'm not going to get excited because of goals against Motherwell and Inverness. His passing and link up play looks average in my opinion, but I guess that's to be expected from a young player. If he keeps scoring and improves then I guess that doesn't matter. But he's only played a few games.

I'd be delighted if he proves me wrong, keeps improving and develops into a good player. I hope he does. Now stop getting your panties in a twist for *'s sake :56:

20. Efe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We need to hold on to him for a while. He's got a lot of potential.