1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Apr 22, 2012.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

Watt is full of energy and his performance was electric.

2. boylebhoy95

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Actually hope he starts Wednesday. Would make a monumental night even more exciting.

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    so harsh on gary , thought he was genuinely delighted for the boy , and he is the senior striker at the club who is 6 years older than tony with 56 goals in 85 odd games ....he has every right to put an arm round him and let him know thats how it is done .

4. monthehoops2011

I don't think it is harsh mate honestly. I'm fed up with his attitude, he thinks he's been there done it and he has a long way to go in the game. I love hooper on his day but he's been off the boil for a long while now. I take ur point on board and hope I'm wrong but he looked as if he was making a bit much of putting his arm round Watt for the cameras. Almost a bit patronising! At the end of the day when hooper was 18 he was at Southend United and scored 2 goals in 32 appearances so Watt is a lot further along than that.

5. nedbhoy

Airdrie legend Paul Jack told me a few years ago that he had a young player at Airdrie called Tony Watt and that he thought he would be an absolute star one day.After he signed for Celtic "Lumber" being a big tim himself was ecstatic that Tony had signed for us and had no doubt that he would become a first-team player.Hope Paul's words turn out to be true and Tony becomes a Celtic legend.Good luck son.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Jeezo, seriously?

I thought Hooper was good today, worked his socks off and was unlucky not to score.

As for the patronising stuff and comparing records with Watt well I'm not even touching that * :56:

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    ^^^^ i agree with above. Hooper was fantastic today.

8. Hadouken

Im sure Watt sees it differently. Its great that he has a striker like Hooper who is willing to put him under his wing and help him out here and there. The experience can only add to his game.

9. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Dont know if its been mentioned yet..but does anyone else think Watt has a similar playing style to Carlos Tevez? Quick, high energy, skilled and confident..and number 32 :50:

Except hes not a * like Tevez of course.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No, not at all.

11. Shane1888

Whoa, talking about heaping loads of unfair pressure on him. Comparing him to Tevez is not the right route to go down right now. He will likely never reach the heights of Tevez, but that doesn't mean he can't become a Celtic legend one day.

12. Sjb1888

Watt looks like he's got a great future, he's one of the most direct strikers i've seen at Celtic for a long time, as for Hooper I thought he put a lot of effort in today but I honestly think he's carrying about a stone of extra weight.

Look how much difference losing a bit of weight has made to Commons.

13. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

I thought he was amazing today, not much better than seeing a young Bhoy scoring for his team imo :50:

14. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I didnt say he's gone to be as good as Tevez, I said he has a similar playing style to him. When I play people say I'm reminiscent of Samaras, dosent mean I'm as good as Sammy.

15. Chris Sutton

:56: I want to see you play now.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I think he means he has hair like a wummin :icon_mrgreen:

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He showed great composure for his first goal and like all great strikers he was in the right place at the right time for his second, i'm really looking forward to seeing more of him in the coming weeks and months :shamrock:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  18. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :56: Don't have long hair, I'm just really tall and lanky and rely on my speed and athleticism more than my skill. Plus I either play through the middle or wide left :50:

19. gunt

I really like Watt. He keeps it simple, has a football brain, is athletic/strong and looks like a natural striker. Kind of reminds me of Frank McAvennie, a talented all round striker who doesnt overcomplicate things. He could save us 3 or 4 million. IMO, in SPL games when Sammy plays wide we should play him very regularly with Hooper. It will be the making of him. I would almost be dissapointed now if we went and signed a striker who pushed him down the pecking order.

20. Shane1888

I'd still have Jordan Rhodes in a heartbeat, especially now that Stokes is out injured for a while. A front line consisting of Hooper, Rhodes, Watt, Stokes (when he returns) and Samaras seems good to me. And then we always have Murphy too if needed :bbpd: