1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Timothy Weah

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 7, 2019.

Discuss Timothy Weah in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Timothy Weah has promised Celtic fans he will give his all to help the team every time he pulls on the green and white Hoops, and he admitted he is excited to get to work on the manager’s plan for him.

The Paris Saint-Germain forward joined up with his new team-mates in Dubai today (Tuesday) for his first training session with Celtic, having joined the Hoops on loan until the end of this season.

Speaking to the Celtic TV immediately after training, the 18-year-old gave his thoughts on joining Celtic and meeting his new team-mates for the first time.

“It’s a great honour joining this historic club,” Timothy Weah said. “I’m so happy to join Celtic and to be able to be with this great team and work under such a great coach and coaching staff. I can’t wait to play my first game in front of these amazing fans.

“It was great meeting all the guys. They’re all really nice and a great group. I’ve got to meet the coaching staff and some other people who I never met before.

“Dubai is a beautiful place and I’m loving being here training with the team, although I can’t wait to get back to Scotland and start training at Lennoxtown each day. I feel it’s just a matter of time for everything to gel together and getting comfortable within the team and the league. It’ll take some time but I’ll try adjust as fast as I can.”

The USA internationalist also touched on what Brendan Rodgers has planned for him and what he feels he can offer the club during his loan spell.

“The manager told me what he wants to see from me, which is to play my game and help the team by making runs into spaces and stretching the game,” he said. “I’m so excited to be here. I feel like the manager has a great plan for me and will help me develop as a player. Determination is one word I would use to describe myself. Even on a bad day, I’ll give it my everything.

“I play for the crest on my heart and that’s what I’m going to give the fans and the team - that fighting spirit. I’ll always keep going until the final whistle blows. That’s what I hope to leave at this club, the passion for this game and that’s what this club represents.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    One if the richest clubs in the world as for size yes they are big now because the size of Paris but from a historical point they are not

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Just watched his interview there. He seems like an old head on young shoulders. Very respectful and said all the right things.

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think he'll hit the ground running here, he clearly isn't a kid in maturity terms.

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Looking forward to seeing what he’s capable of.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Some American guy on SSN just now speaking very highly of him.

Says the sky’s the limit & he’s got huge potential.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think he’ll be playing left wing for rest of the season for us if he hits the ground running.

8. Murph-E

Rodgers told him he wants to play him as "the 9"

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. shaun.f

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TIMOTHY WEAH won't just bring his dazzling potential to Celtic Park.

He will also bring his dad George - a footballing legend and the serving PRESIDENT of Liberia.

The highly-rated PSG youngster took part in his first Hoops training session in Dubai this morning.

The 18-year-old USA international only arrived in the Middle East last night after penning a six-month loan deal.

And after being put through his paces, Weah revealed his father and the rest of his family will definitely make the trip to Parkhead to watch him in the hoops.

Timothy - who has already been joined in the Middle East by mum Clar and his mum's sister Nancy Larnor - has big shoes to fill in the Weah household.

His dad won the Ballon d'Or in 1995 and was named African Player of the Century in 1996.

He was a talisman goalscorer for Monaco, PSG, AC Milan, Chelsea and Man City.

George then moved into politics, rising to become president of his country.

And son Timothy revealed he has been giving him the benefit of his years of top level experience.

Asked about his dad, Timothy said: "He's proud of me. We talked about it as a family and we all decided this was the best place to come.

"In my heart I knew this was the best place to come and to be a Bhoy and a part of the Celtic family.

"My father did what he did and he was a great player and I look up to him and I just need to come here with a clear head and be level-headed and continue to do what I've been doing.

"I just need to improve on that and I feel I'm with the right coach and the right team.

"My dad always told me just play your game and be yourself and everything will be fine and don't listen to what everyone has to say because at the end of the day your happiness is what counts."

Weah junior was then asked if his famous father would be heading to Glasgow, and said: "Yeah of course.

"He's planning on it, the whole family's planning on it.

"So you'll be sure to see them soon."

Timothy is ready to give his all during his six-month spell in Glasgow.

And he admits he is already IN LOVE with Celtic and can't wait to play at Parkhead.

He told BBC Sport: “My goals are to just give blood, sweat and tears for this club until the end of my loan.

“To play my heart out, play for the crest that’s on my chest.

“I can’t wait. Today I met all the players and it was a great feeling getting to know a new team and it was a great feeling to get to know the new coaching staff.

“I can’t wait to get on the field and go to the stadium and play in front of these wonderful fans .

“I’m in love with Celtic. So I’m really happy."

Speaking to STV in Dubai, Weah reflected: "At PSG I got my opportunities but didn't seize them right away

"But I am ready at Celtic and can't wait to put in some hard work.

"Playing with the stars at PSG really matured me.

"You learn from the world-class players and you learn from the high-intensity of training. Even not playing at PSG, it matured me as I know I can't take anything for granted.

"You have to fight for everything and I understand that now.

"I'm ready to leave my blood, sweat and tears on the field when I play for Celtic."

After hearing of Celtic's interest, Weah said it didn't take him long to decide Parkhead was the perfect place for him to continue his development.

He added: "In December we heard that Celtic were interested and that was our choice immediately.

"Brendan Rodgers and the staff invited us to come visit.

"I saw the stadium, met the staff, it was amazing and I fell in love with the club immediately.

"I knew it was the place I wanted to come to. Brendan Rodgers is a coach I look up to a lot.

"I love his style of play and how he holds his own as a team.

"I want to come here and learn not only as a footballer but as a man and I believe he can help me with that."

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

We had an American first team player before ?

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Him and Eddy up top could be deadly.

Tommy25 and Murph-E like this.
  13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Y
    Cervi maybe.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Nope.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I can see him gettin 40 goals. :34:

16. Murph-E

Never one capped at international level. Had a Canadian goalie play near 300 games in the 1930s.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Welcome Timalloy

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Saving this

[​IMG]

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Seems very mature knows he has work to do and this is a big opportunity nothing like musonda and his special player special number *

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Joe Kennaway who took over after death of the great John Thompson.

MagicBallBhoy, Tommy25 and Murph-E like this.