1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Timothy Weah

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 7, 2019.

Discuss Timothy Weah in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There goes the PSG link :fear:

neilly1987 likes this.
  2. GavCFC1

Would think we’d let him stay for trophy day, seems a bit poor

3. RiquelmeCSC

Shocking treatment if I’m honest. Not even getting to join in title celebrations or the cup final. However to be fair I don’t think he impressed at the weekend.

Tommy25, CFC.1 and dmccourt95 like this.
  4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Would rather have kept him and used him as back up next season but im not too bothered.

I dont think he had enough about him to play up front for us and on the right I dont think his ball control was tight enough to play wide there. Would liked to have seen him on the left more but he only played there in 2 or 3 cameos where nothing really happened.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sounds pretty * from the club.

Crilly, Keano88, Tommy25 and 3 others like this.
  6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair if he choose to go to the International youth tournament rather than the Cup final that shows his mentality, i'd have chased him as well.

Paddy Roberts snubbed the same tournament to stay for a Cup final. Youth football is garbage and to put that above First team football and occasions like a Cup final is poor behaviour.

7. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nice having you timo. All the best :ynwacelti

Attached Files:

8. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

This is a poor decision by Lenny to let him go just before the Huns game. I would have played him instead of Sinclair, he is more direct and would have had Tarvinier struggling with his pace. But it is in keeping with Lennys somewhat bizarre decisions not to play any loan players. Good luck Timo, I don't think you will be back wearing the famous Green and White but would have liked you to have more game Time.

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn’t really get a chance here but when he did he impressed, apart from the wknd passed he was poor.

10. rickyroma25

Think he's absolutely within his rights to want to go to a tournament where he'll play, rather than stay for a cup final where he won't. Poor form to tell him to go now imo. Also seen nothing to suggest he has any attitude problems.

Didn't see enough game time, but he's got potential. More of a striker than a winger for me. Has a burst of pace and takes his finish early. Best suited to a counter attacking team I think. If he continues to work I see no reason he can't go on to have a successful career. Good luck to him.

merthyn, Keano88, clonbhoy and 3 others like this.
  11. dmccourt95

Lawell will be raging the PSG link is in jeopardy

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    "Poor behaviour" give me a break. Don't think he's been given enough of a chance to even really prove himself here and I doubt Lennon would have used him in the cup final anyway. The guy spoke of and showed his affection for the club constantly and it's the club's decision to cut his time early, not his. Seems a bit rich to call youth football garbage and act as if every young professional footballer should have the same exact ambitions for how to 'progress' in their careers.

merthyn, Keano88, Tommy25 and 3 others like this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He only started about 4 games I think, only 3 I remember were the weekend where he was dire, his touch was shocking and he was losing control all the time and his first start I think it was he played on the right in a home game and was brutal then as well, first touch kept going 2 yards off him and he kept losing the ball. Once he started as the striker also in a home game im sure and he never had a kick of the ball and made no impact at all.

He done well the first few times he came on up front and was able to run in behind defences and scored 2/3 goals and could have had a couple more. But since we usually play against deep defences that type of play wouldn't work all the time so he could probably never have played up front for us.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No, the club has to come to an agreement with the national team. We came to an agreement with England but not USA.

Difference is Roberts will probably never play for the senior England team. Weah has a relationship to keep.

merthyn, clonbhoy, neilly1987 and 2 others like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he was good as an impact sub but didn't really shine in any starts..

There's a player in there though but he needs to brush up on his touch and technique..

17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Does that tell us Lennon’s manager next year if he’s sending players packing?

18. Cupid Stunt

This is * bizarre. How could it possibly be in the teams best interests that he packs his bags because he wants to represent his country?

He's scored some important goals in his short time here and that feels a * * way to treat the guy who clearly loved being apart of the club.

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Just an excuse to get rid of him? Probably already had their minds made up he wasn’t wanted

20. Cupid Stunt

Would be typical Celtic to treat a young guy like that yet offer someone like Izzy a contract extension.