1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official GAA thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gabriel, Dec 6, 2014.

Discuss The Official GAA thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

Any live streams for todays game lads?

2. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Gaelic football has gone completely to the dogs.

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Just coughed up a tenner for Dubs Mayo as I couldn't find any GAA streams when I last looked and at least it'll be buffer free (hopefully)...apparently if I buy the 12 month pass in the next 9 days I get my tenner back lol...errr probably not cos BBC has All Ireland semis and finals for next 5 years so wehay!

Edit
    Just put in for a refund as it's non stop buffering lol - sent in screenshots. Roll on the BBC - I've given up now!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  4. The Celtbot

Hopefully Mayo pull it out in the 2nd half.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

5. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The disallowed goal turned it

6. The Celtbot

So much for that lol.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Masterclass of a second half from Dublin there against Mayo and with Kerry thrashing Tyrone a Dublin v Kerry looks very likely now which would be great for me as I will be heading home and hopefully able to get tickets and go.

9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Cracking game here

10. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Just praying now that Kilkenny clip Limerick.

11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Old GAAGO took a tenner off me for Dubs Mayo and the stream didn't work, then they refused me a refund so eff them forever - semis and finals on BBC!

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Limerick start favourites I think but unlike the last couple of years they do seem beatable this year so would not be a major upset if Kilkenny beat them.

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fair play to Monaghan today for such a tough game but in the end Dublin pull away although it took us until the final 10 minutes to put the game away.

14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Horrendous refereeing today. Some really strange decisions and a clear point not given or even going to Hawkeye.
    Hopefully tomorrows game will be as competitive

15. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Doire Abu

An Madadh Rua likes this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Just ran out of steam there Doire.. its what Kerry and Dublin can do, just quick 5 or 6 point bursts to pull away.

17. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Cracking game. Felt Derry were a bit unlucky with some of their efforts (or not clinical enough) but Kerry turned it up a level at the end. Time and time again they do it. That’s what makes the difference between them and the others. Dublin the only other team that Can do the same. Should be a good final

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    If Derry were as clinical in the 2nd half as they were in the 1st they would have won. Probably impossible to keep that level of accuracy up.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well it has ended up as the marquee final as expected by most. Monaghan and Derry both put in good showings and made us and Kerry really earn the spot in the final but having said that when it came to crunch time late on in both semi-finals it was all Dublin and Kerry and thats why that is the final.

20. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Spoiler Alert. This is likely to be a long post about Derry football so feel free to ignore.
    Now that the rawness of yesterday's disappointment has dissipated very slightly, the overriding emotions are pride and gratitude. Pride in a fantastic performance in which the team gave everything they had, devoid of any cynicism. Gratitude for another year of fantastic road trips fuelled by Applegreen, days out with family and extended family and some incredible memories like the wonder equaliser in the driving winter rain at Owenbeg in the McKenna Cup, the filleting of Tyrone in the McKenna Cup final, the visit of the Dubs to Celtic Park in the midst of a good league campaign, the most complete performance for years against Monaghan in the Ulster championship and the nerve shredding penalty shoot out in the Ulster Final at the end of a traumatic week. Huge thanks to the players and coaching team for the journey and for approaching every game be it McKenna Cup, league, championship or group stages with the same purpose and commitment. The team has given the county a huge lift. Delighted for our children (now adults) who after 20 years of disappointment got to enjoy a winning Derry team over the past two years. The grandchildren are old enough to wear the red and white but not old enough to understand the significance of this year or last although this year the youngest ones did get to wave at "the big yellow bus" carrying the team along Nirth Circular Road into Croke.

A few things didn't go our way yesterday, the early injury to Paudie McGrogan, the missed goal chances, the kick outs in the last five minutes, the lack of impact from the bench, a bit of inexperience towards the end and the couple of calls that went Kerry's way most specifically the Stephen O'Brien "free" and the trip on McGuigan when in on goal which resulted in a free but no penalty. Some things did go well, Rogers and McKinless were phenomenal and McGuigan was McGuigan, taking the heavy slaps on and off the ball. We punched holes in that Kerry defence but 3 points from our last 16 attacks tells its own story.
    As for the short term, get the manager's position sorted and unearth a couple of scoring forwards in the upcoming club championship and broaden the squad to include a bit more experience. I'm happy for Ciaran Meenagh to continue but he could maybe get a bit more help into the backroom team. Medium term, integrate some of the young lads into the senior team over the next 5 or 6 years. Two AI minor titles in 4 years and a heartbreaking one point loss in last year's semi final shows that the talent is clearly there in the county. We can then see where that takes us but I'm optimistic.

As for the final, it's hard to call. I have seen Dublin up close twice this year albeit in the league and Kerry yesterday obviously. I hope Dublin win on both a personal and football level. Whereas I enjoyed chatting to very decent, reasonable and knowledgeable Dublin fans in Celtic Park and in Croke this year, the Kerry fans beside us yesterday took obnoxiousness to new levels.
    Football wise, it would be nice to see some great Dublin players get one last dance before they maybe call it a day. Fenton, for example, is an all time great. Dublin, the only undefeated team now left, are also a far less cynical team than Kerry who trade off an outdated narrative of footballing purists. Watch for the cynical fouls when the opposition urns over Kerry ball and begins to transition. They have one or two exceptional footballers and Clifford is a generational talent but they also have a fair few very ordinary footballers. Looking behind the usual media hype, after an even easier than usual draw in Munster they got schooled by Mayo and got very lucky against Cork (has any other team got a penalty like that this year, McGuigan didn't get one against Armagh, Monaghan or Kerry). They got hyped up for beating a terrible Tyrone team but in truth Westmeath were no more than a couple of inches away from knocking Tyrone out at the group stage. I don't buy the notion that their progress so far has been the result of some Jack O'Connor masterplan.

If Dublin can expose the Kerry defence like we did, I'm certain they have players to be more clinical than us and to get over the line. How they deal with Clifford will be an issue for them to work out. Get the noses in front with a minute or so to go and slip on a 16th man to stand at the post beside Cluxton and hope nobody notices. It has worked before.