1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The NFL Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

Nice little drubbing of the 49ers to start the pre-season. :icon_mrgreen:

We look like me may be able to run the ball again, which is wonderful. Our pathetic running game was the most depressing thing about last year's team. The Defense played pretty well too but it's probably hard for a Defense not to look good when Blaine Gabbert is playing at QB. :smiley-laughing002: He is really bad.

2. BuckeyeBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hopper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    cheer up Walter Smith
  3. Markybhoy

Did anyone watch the Browns @ Lions game? How did Manziel look??

4. BuckeyeBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hopper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    cheer up Walter Smith
    yep i wasted 3 hours of my life that I will never get back!!! as for the back up QB he was ok that's it ok.

5. BuckeyeBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hopper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    cheer up Walter Smith
  6. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    NFL Network are re showing the majority of games in the days following. Helps if you can access the channel obviously.

Miami have signed QB Brady Quinn as back-up for Tannehill.

Cowboys defence gets weaker again as CB Orlando Scandrick is going to miss 4 games for breaching drug regulations. He admitted to taking a "substance" while on Holiday in Mexico, although he claims didn't "knowingly take a performance enhancing/banned stimulant".

7. Markybhoy

Funny how they never "knowingly" take a PED isn't it?

The Cowboys are going to suck this year. Their Defense is baaaad and they are one hit on Tony Romo's dodgy back from having Brandon Weeden as their starting QB. I'm sure Buckeyebhoy can tell us how that story pans out. :smiley-laughing002:

So are we having this Fantasy draft next Sunday then?

8. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

It is. I will make it a better time though 10pm uk time?

9. Markybhoy

I thought that was the time it was already set for :smiley-laughing002:

Any time is fine for me on a Sunday evening, I'm never doing * all then anyway. Hopefully there will be more than just me and you that turns up this year, the draft is one of the best parts of Fantasy.

10. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    In fairness to Scandrick it was E he took, it had been cut with amphetamine which showed up as a trace amount in the PED testing.
    The defence has looked terrible so far but none of the starters played against San Diego and you would think they couldn't play as bad as last year. A middle of the road defence (a big ask to be honest) and I see Dallas winning the division but maybe that's just blind optimism. Weeden doesn't scare me as much after training camp as he did when signed, playing behind a proper line he seems to be doing ok (still early yet and obviously I would hope we don't end up having to test that theory)

11. Markybhoy

Being a Cowboys fan you're obviously going to try and be optimistic about your team, that's cool, I would be the same. I really fear for the Cowboys this year though. That defense was historically bad last year and Sean Lee who is your best linebacker, and one of the leaders on the Defense, is done for the year. That's a huge loss for Dallas. Missing Scandrick for four games isn't going to help either. If Dallas are going to be in contention for the play-offs again this year their offense is going to have to be awesome.

Which brings me to Tony Romo. Back surgery is a serious red flag for any player but Romo hasn't had just one back surgery he's had two. That scares me. A lot. I won't be drafting him in any Fantasy Football league this year(not if I can help it). If Romo can stay upright for the whole year then the Dallas offense certainly does have the personnel to score a * of a lot of points but if Romo goes down the Cowboys are screwed. No way does Brandon Weeden lead them to the play-offs.

The NFC East is such a hard division to call this year. The Eagles look the best of the bunch but the Redskins and the Giants could be anything. I really couldn't predict what either of those teams are going to do.

12. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Dwayne Bowe suspended for opening Cheifs game of the season for violation of drugs policy, relating to an arrest for marajuana posession in November last year.

On the field Blake Bortles with another decent display last night(11-17 for 160 yrds). Making a claim for a start.

13. Markybhoy

I know it's only pre-season etc etc but I'm beginning to feel slightly optimistic about the Ravens offense this year. I've seen more holes opened up for our running backs in the last two games than I saw the whole of the regular season last year. Joe Flacco looks quite sharp throwing the ball too.

Promising.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just back today from working in america for 3 months. So excited for the season to start!!!!

15. Towardinho

what was Manziel thinking last night? utter madness, the target on his back has just got even bigger....Pittsburgh Week 1 could be carnage!!

16. drew0622

Manziel

I know we need a real QB, but I'm so F'n glad the Texans didn't draft Johnny Football!

17. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Jimmy Graham has been dunking over the goal posts during pre season. Even though it's been banned. Sean Payton is not happy.

I'm looking forward to this season more than any other! It should be fantastic as always.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not so much on this end. After no winning seasons since 2002 it looks like more of the same for the Raiders this season although maybe a win or 2 more then the last 2 4-12 seasons. The major interest maybe what will the Raiders do location wise with only one season left on their lease in Oakland and no new stadium deal in place. It is looking strongly like the Raiders may be playing elsewhere in the not too distant future.

19. Markybhoy

I'm already forming the opinion that Manziel is an idiot who's ego may get in the way of him having a successful NFL career. If he can't handle a bit of sledging then he won't last long in this league. Last night's game against the Redskins was the first time I have ever watched him play and he was pretty unimpressive.

20. Towardinho

Matt Leinart version 2!!