1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Most Controversial/Violent/Goriest Films You've Seen

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by CelticBhoyDavid, Mar 24, 2013.

Discuss The Most Controversial/Violent/Goriest Films You've Seen in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

What about The Entity?

Surely a film about a woman getting regularly raped by a ghost has to be up there?

2. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Really brutal with the rape scenes (especially for 1982) but it's actually a pretty good movie as well.

3. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Deadgirl is a pretty * up film, it's about two guys who find a zombie imprisoned in an abandoned mental asylum and then decide to keep and rape the zombie :97:

4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

That sums up that movie quite well. :50:Weird movie.

5. stew37

I'm quite surprised no-one else has mentioned Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer starring Michael Rooker. Mental film, it's one of the very few films i've seen I've felt really disturbed by. It was interesting and its based on a true story, but im in no rush to watch it again. I saw it on one of the sky movie channels years ago and then watched it again online, never seen it televised since though.

6. Rtw

downloaded that ^ #

looks good

7. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

8. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Few others that needs a mention in this thread.

[​IMG]

And one of my favorites

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    That sounds, um, delightful :icon_mrgreen:

Think someone mentioned this on the first or second page. I started watching this a good few years ago when it was on TV in Britain, but I couldn't really get into it. Is there not a bit in it where he's "teaching" his friend or room mate or someone to kill? Or am I talking out my rear end? :smiley-laughing002:

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was kinda freaky but is pretty * to be honest. It's very loosely based on the true events of Ed Gein. I suppose it's very tame by today's standards, but it's a movie that sticks with you.

I'm actually surprised that I (or maybe no one else has) never mentioned The Exorcist. I actually love this movie, and again, it may be rather tame by today's standards, but this is definitely one of the controversial films. Caused a massive outcry amongst the Catholic community I think.

10. monthehoops1888

Yeah i agree with this both are * movies.Heard good things about the first one and it was rotten.The remake one was even worse.....

11. stew37

Yeah it was me who mentioned it lol, just surprised no-one else has talked about it. Yeah he goes around with his mate in it when they're killing folk. There's a bit where they are attacking a couple and then the couple's kid walks in, so they do him in as well, in front of the mother. Pretty horrific.

12. Dallas Cowbhoys

Nah that is in Henry - Portrait etc.....I could understand how at the time it was controversial but it was pretty tame to me. Especially after watching * like Saw and Hostel. The effects are terrible and the acting/plot isn't enough to make it "chilling" or whatever. It was pretty whack imo.

13. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Well for 1986 it was probably pretty disturbing for the time, especially if the killings were as brutal as what I've read. I've only seen a very few clips of the movie in all honesty so I wouldn't know how bad/good it is.

Another one I saw a while back was Bad Lieutenant. The Harvey Keitel one and not the Nicolas Cage one. Keitel plays a bent cop in it, and when I say bent I mean like a u-bend. Pretty disturbing scenes, including a brutal rape of a nun. The director, Abel Ferrara, is pretty well known for doing other hard-hitting movies as well, such as Driller Killer (easily one of the worst movie's I've ever seen) and King Of New York.

Another I've just remembered is Grotesque. Not seen this myself but apparently it makes films like Hostel & Saw seem like The Three Stooges. I think it's actually banned from DVD/Blu-Ray release in the UK as well.

14. Markybhoy

Clockwork Orange is supposed to be controversial. The thinking behind the story probably is controversial but the film itself is crap.

15. Lecs

A Serbian film is a hands down winner for me. So * up man, the good thing was I was expecting it, and I already knew about the ending but aw, unbelievable man.

Cannibal Holocaust also sprang to mind and I remember reading that the director did get charged for murder lol, imagine JK Rolling getting pulled up for Harry getting done in. The bit about two monkeys getting their faces cut off with a machete made me pish myself laughing initially due to how random it was but then I felt bad for laughing.

I'd give Texas Chainsaw Massacre the 1974 version a mention as well, I think because its so low budget its just really raw and * up. The new * that comes out like paranormal activity and insidious is about as scary as Finding Nemo. Canny beat the classics.

16. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    I honestly thought the film was class. But as with most Stanley Kubrick movies there are a pile of unique strange filming techniques he uses which ultimately means you either love him or hate him.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  18. monthehoops1888

I thought the movie was pathetic...

19. UncleHo

Depends what you are looking for, all out gore does not effect me that badly. But some of the scenes in Ichi the Killer really made me look away.

The mental effects of watching The Audition as well was pretty disturbing.

20. Sween

I think ClockWork Orange is brilliant. So far ahead of its time.

I agree. A nasty, horrible film that has no merits whatsoever. Just vicious.

I would say 120 days of Sodom, and Antichrist are runners up. Also nasty and both * as well.

I think some of the earlier "video nasties" were actually decent films in their own right. I spit on your grave and last house on the left spring to mind as films that were not easy to watch but I think were still good films. Evil Dead is considered a video nasty but is one of my very favourites. Sometimes the ultra violence is justified, but most recent efforts just seem to try and disgust people for the sheer purpose of creating media attention.