1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Japanese football thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Skelleto, Feb 23, 2023.

Discuss The Japanese football thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * that mate :giggle1:

I've seen a bit of Matsuki. Looks another excellent type. More box to box and robust. Ito has that x factor, bums off seats kinda magic and swagger to his play..

Like the other boy Mitsuta as well..

We won't sign all of them though. A couple at most I'd imagine..

Wllm likes this.
  2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Haha fair enough. I tried to get into the J League a while back and i got a few weeks in before the 6am kick offs took their toll :giggle1: it's brutal...

I should probably not utter the words...but there is a bit of Lubo in Ito. Whether its a one season wonder thing or he's always been this gifted but just finally putting it all together remains to be seen.

Matsuki is a bit like a young Scott Brown. Actually quite aggressive too. 19 years old, positional play is outstanding for a guy that age. Keeps developing he might go to the top.

Mitsuta would be a good Abada replacement if he goes and reckon his end product is just as good. Very good work rate too which is what is needed from our wingers. He's quite small though....

Hopefully Ange is watching those guys but he tends to love a transfer curveball so might look elsewhere entirely.

NakamuraTastic and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    What Ryotaro Ito can do with the ball is an absolute joke sometimes.

4. Foley1888

Is that based on his weekend performance or watching some of his old games?

It would be interesting to see how we would fit him in.

Matsuki is a no brainer for me if we can get him as he seems very highly rated but another high energy, well built box to box centre midfielder is something we need for me. Given his age and potential he would be a cracking addition.

Mitsuta doesn’t seem to have been as effective this season as he was last year.

Wllm likes this.
  5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Both. He was starved of service at the weekend for the most part as Niigata were getting dominated (lost 2-0) but he still produced a couple of bits of ingenuity and came close to scoring. He's very unpredictable with what he's going to do on the ball.

He's 100% played as a classic 10 over there so im not sure how he'd adapt to our system as we don't play with 10's and our cm's must be able to attack and defend at a high intensity. His brilliance is not in doubt though. The guy just has it...a joy to watch.

I agree with you on Matsuki. He'd be an excellent fit for us. He's not the finished article yet but he's dynamic, quick, aggressive and technically sound. For a guy his age he reads the game very well too. Could be a real star here...

Mitsuta has looked good too from what i've seen of him tbf he's at the heart of a lot of Sanfrecce's play.

6. Foley1888

Yeah on Ito, when I have seen him which has mainly been highlights he looks to have genuine quality about him. Capable of doing things most aren’t. If we did sign him it be interesting how we used him. It may even be he’s viewed as an impact sub/ player for domestic duties to start until he finds his place in a team.

Mitsuta, no doubting he has ability just his goals and assists so far this term seem down, all be it he was being asked to play a wing back role at the start of the season, which didn’t look like it suited him.

Wllm likes this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    See that daft manager is ig owing our players again, he's going to game with no Japanese players whilst on a scouting mission and also takes in a German 2nd division game.

8. Foley1888

I think there may be something in the chat about us being interested. I saw a rumour sadly that Reo to Brighton is very much on for the summer and a deal is actually already quite a way down the line.

Where it’s not like for like Ito may be someone we are considering to replace his creativity.

I hope the rumour is wrong on Hatate but out of our current squad he is the one I am most worried about losing and believe there is a decent chance it may happen. He stood out as capable at CL level, has had an excellent season, and given his age with the international nonsense of not being picked he could be eager to push on to the next level. Also Mitoma being there who is his ex team mate.

9. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aw Ito is more creative and a better passer of the ball than Hatate so he'd be an upgrade in that sense.

No sure if he can go box to box like Hatate though which is a part of his game that goes massively under the radar.

10. Foley1888

I think we may see quite a few changes in midfield next year, especially if this is true.

Turnbull, I have also heard isn’t going to sign a new deal and although there is a mutual respect between Ange and him, it’s likely he moves in the summer.

O’Riley there is interest it’s whether that materialises.

Mooy after his recent injury has looked slow to recover, his deal is a season with a season option. He has shown the quality he can bring but could there be a bit of his body not allowing him to keep that up and he is honest with us about that.

Don’t get me wrong they won’t all go but question marks about them all.

We may then sign Ito and a more box to box player as well. Overall I actually think people may be surprised how much business is done in the summer depending on who is happy to stay and who wants to move on.

Wllm likes this.
  11. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Matsuki is more the mold of what we need imo but Ito would absolutely get bums off seats, no question. He's also very dangerous around the penalty area. If you were a defender, you don't want that guy peppering away at your goal.

Foley1888 likes this.
  12. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ito scored another free kick. Albirex Niigata actually play really good stuff. Quick and slick. They need to sort their defence out though.

13. Foley1888

How did Matsuki go in the game? I would take both of them. As you say two different players but can both provide something different to our team.

14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Matsuki was decent. Was a nuts and bolts type performance to help keep Tokyo solid at the back.

Was playing as a defensive mid. Scary he's only 19. He's gonna be some player in the future.

15. Foley1888

Was just watching the highlights there he looks a unit for 19 too.

Also seems to be involved at both ends of the park, he made a great run at FC Tokyos second if the ST who ultimately scored had dummied it he was in. It worked out in the end thanks mainly to poor goalkeeping but it was a good run from midfield to go beyond the centre forward.

Ito’s freekick was decent but again keeper made the mistake of taking the step the wrong way and couldn’t get back, still a clever finish from some way out. He was unlucky later in the game with an effort from outside the box too.

Wllm likes this.
  16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Free kick took a deflection tbf but I do have to say I'm beginning to understand why J League fans are complaining about a lack of good keepers lol

Thought Ito had a quieter 2nd half tho he looked dangerous in bursts...Tokyo defended well tbf and picked their moments.

Matsuki is fairly strong but his tenacity is what stands out for me. He's pretty aggressive.

17. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  18. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Watching a Nagoya Grampus game. Theyve got a centre back that looks solid - Haruya Fujii.

19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member