1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boys

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by dbhoy72, Mar 31, 2021.

Discuss The Boys in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Had fallen behind on this but been getting back into it and finished s2 over the last week and seen first 2 of s3, really enjoying it again.
    Butcher is the man.

2. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Just started season 3 , holy * , heads and bodies still exploding ! What an actor the guy who plays homelander is

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not sure what to make of season 3 so far, but I can't wait for the finale. Anthony Starr and Karl Urban are incredible. Homelander and Butcher are both insane but so well acted.

One thing I'll say though is I don't see how they get another season or two out of this unless Homelander dies or loses his powers in the finale. As much as I love the character, another season (or more) of him just being this unstoppable *, going around threatening the other supes and killing innocents - as entertaining as it's been - will get quite stale.

Actually similar to Stranger Things in that way. Just hoping they don't stretch it out a season too long.

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Wouldn't totally shock me if Soldier Boy kills Homelander in the finale, and is the big bad for next season. Lures him in with a false sense of hope, Homelander shows a bit of humanity for the first time in his life, and wam, dead.

Then there's the dilemma with Temp V and what it's doing to Butcher/Hughie.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

See the thing is, even though I said another season of Homelander just being Homelander could get boring...I would worry about the show if Anthony Starr isn't in it. He just steals every scene he's in. Think I'd like to see him lose his powers and how he deals with it. Could be quite interesting.

I could see what you said happening, albeit with Solider Boy taking away his powers as opposed to killing him. Maybe Stan Edgar has been behind it all to get Homelander out of the picture. No chance he's just finished on the show.

HTG likes this.
  6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I think they are setting it up for butcher to go out on his shield he will die to save hughy already foreshadowed on his guilt over his brother after he left him to his abusive father he will redeem himself it’s setting up noir and a train to redeem themselves aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Daleer likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Noir needs a happy ending. Been rooting for the * from day one. Ok that’s a lie but I definitely thought he had a bigger role to play than the background * he’s had since the start.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Noir yes. A Train is a * though always has been.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Dunno about that he looked gutted to be saved as in he knows he’s a piece of * and can’t cope with the guilt

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He killed Hughies burd, tried to exploit his colour for fame and generally is a selfish *. There is a line for redemption and he crossed it ages ago. He might actually feel bad now that a family member is * up but he never gave a * before then.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Plus did he not just get Supersonic killed by telling Homelander about his and Starlight's plan?

Hope they don't attempt to redeem A-Train. He's a *.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So he did. Forgot about that. Morally bankrupt. I would rather see the likes of him dead than those with the courage of their convictions.

13. JamesM09

Really enjoying this season. The political satire is really well done too.

I agree they need to mix it up a bit for next season. I think Homelander losing his power is the obvious thing that should happen, then you can have a whole season about people trying to get his power back or something.

Maybe even a ‘campaign’ to get his power back or some genuine threat they need him for.

Minor complaint is I think they missed a beat when Homelander was almost killed by Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie. I feel that should’ve been a far bigger deal for him.

I know they’re showing him as rattled but the whole nature of his character, I was expecting a massive breakdown scene. Maybe even goes somewhere to just murder people or something. Like he’s acting more like he’s found out there’s a weapon that can kill him rather than reacting like Hughie of all people had him pinned down moments from death.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nah not A-Train.

Putting that racists heart in him * him, he will maybe go for Homelander but he won’t redeem himself.

Noir might, I don’t know where they are going with him. It’s obviously well away from the comics anyway.

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s quite easy for him to get his power back compound v as wee seen with kimiko….. or will they play the route that because he was born with powers that won’t happen

JamesM09 likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s quite ovb soldier boy and honelander are gonna team up seen spoiler pictures of finale of butcher fighting homelander noir will probably free maeve and help kill soldier boy and perish in doing so butcher will die to protect hughie setting it up next season for hughie to get revenge on homelander
    Stardust will be pregnant and neumann is the real villain tbf

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Political satire pretty much wrote this season. It was an open goal really. Trump is a satire commentators dream.

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’ve not seen/said much but easy with the spoilers, no matter what you’ve seen.

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol don’t know anything just my take on it

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You said you’ve seen “spoiler pictures”.