1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny's got scuddy photos of Lawwell. 100%

WhitleyCelt likes this.
  2. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If Lawwell goes ( thats a big if ) whoever comes in needs to stay the fk away from the football side of the club let that be run by the manager and a director of football . We will get no decent manager if Lawwell is still here as he wants to run every aspect of our club

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  3. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I come here hoping to read something has changed, the fact nothing is being said I'm hoping something is happening in the background and we'll hear asap that real change from top to bottom in on its way.

4. CountyDownFaithful

With every passing day, the crisis worsens and the task of rebuilding the club becomes more challenging.

I absolutely hate to say it but at this rate we are going to be toiling next season too. Although the Huns will sell some players, their squad won’t change too much and they’ve got a DOF with a solid reputation for good scouting and recruitment.

We are going to be hitting the hard reset button at the end of the season. We are going to have a matter of weeks to do the following before the CL qualifiers:
    1. Appoint a new manager
    2. Transform the squad with new signings
    3. Getting the new players integrated and up to speed
    4. Manager to get his playing style and tactics across

The inaction right now is going to cripple us for years to come. This is why Lennon and Lawwell will never be forgiven and their legacies tarnished.

How are we as supporters supposed to be positive about the future when we don’t know what the short-term and long-term plan is? I can only speak for myself but I will be withholding my money for as long as possible if the situation doesn’t improve before ST renewal time.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know it's "only football" and there are far more important things in life however, Celtic have been a major part of my life as both a boy and a man. Growing up our household was always a happier place when Celtic won and my Dad would always come in from the games and treat us if Celtic one. Then, when I started work, I really began to encounter the bitterness and hatred towards RC's and/Celtic which at times could be violent however, it was good to come in on the Monday to see their faces tripping them if the huns got beat or we won. On the social side I used to love meeting up with friends and going to the games both home and away (especially the trips abroad) and I have maintained those friendships to this day. So, to now see the club that I love destroy itself from within is soul destroying and, if major changes re the running of our club from top to bottom are not made now, then I think we will be struggling for a few years.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The boards long term strategy has always been to appoint John Kennedy as Celtic manager after Neil Lennon. The big problem they have now is that Kennedy is part of a failed management team and even worse one that has blown 10 in a row. They would have to be extremely brave and and/or extremely stupid to appoint Kennedy after what has happened this season. They are likely to still be desperate to stick to their plan but they must know it would not go down well with the Celtic fans and seasons ticket sales would plummet. It will be very interesting to see what they do with Kennedy.

7. truedub1916

I keep almost trying to talk myself out of the thought things are incredibly disastrous
    I keep trying to tell myself. There’s been some bad luck, injuries Covid etc. I’m searching for things to make me feel better

But the fact is there really is something strange. Unprofessional, very sloppy going on

The board have taken praise in the past for our success. But as much as it pains me to say. A few of those titles were made easier with rangers demise that’s just fact
    So it wasn’t to do with anything fantastic the board did but some luck in the demise of our main competitor

Now ok we did have the success but the test is now.
    How can you be in a position of power, dominance and financial strength and manage to have a weaker squad year on year???

We do know Brendan Rodgers wanted Timothy Castagne and James Justin. Both are flying for Leicester and look class

Also John McGuinn

More recently we missed out on Toney who looks great

Imagine what Rodgers must have thought when players kept popping up he didn’t want like Shved ?

I’m annoyed at Neil Lennon for many things. But sometimes in business you promote someone to a position they can not do. that’s your fault as the one running the company

there has to be a major shake up

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  8. limezer

The Silence is deafening

This Board actually makes my stomach churn.

Peej likes this.
  9. oh bhoy

Heads need to roll ,if almost every Celtic fan could see that we were going nowhere under Lennon months ago then why couldn't the people who's job it is .Why have they still done * all about it.
    The January review shouldn't be about Lennon but who appointed him, who's keeping an eye on what he was doing and who has failed to act to avoid this season being totally * .it should also include who is responsible to to complete lack of planning for next season.

Peej likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Appointments made in the shower.
    Publicly stating you never done due diligence in potential candidates.
    Failure to address fully a problem area for many years (CB).
    Accepting European knockouts back to back.
    Failure to make the change when signs of how bad this was really crept in (ferencravos).
    Failure to do so after back to back 1-4 defeats to Prague.
    Fencing out your support (paying customer).
    Talking down to your support.
    Booking a global trip to Dubai during a pandemic.
    Stating a review is underway of the manager and season, said review taking over 2months.
    Proceeding to go on said trip, even after all science was pointing to pandemic worsening across the globe.
    "Apologising" without ever actually apologising for said trip being a complete PR disaster AND result disaster on the pitch.
    Results going from bad to worse, with no comments to the fans.

All that, just this, is more than enough for lawwells position to be untenable.
    Let alone the 2 decades nearly of shafting of the fans.
    This is just regarding this Lennon stint as well.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11. CountyDownFaithful

The SLO on Twitter saying it’s unlikely that there will be an update on the January review this week. It’s the last week of the month... obviously the Board don’t think it’s worth updating us on their review.

The difference between us and the Huns right now is sickening. They are forward-thinking while we regressing at a frightening rate. They’re tying up players on pre-contracts while we literally have no idea about our immediate plans for overhauling the squad and management team.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  12. john2061

If they wait till end of may to bring someone in then that's a * joke as the new manager doesn't have alot of time to look at the squad and most players will be leaving to play in the euros in June .
    We should bring in the new man as soon as possible as there will be a big turnover in players with one's leaving and coming in .

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No plan survives contact with the enemy. I'm sure the board members have heard that one. If they want season tickets, then they have to give the fans a name with success behind it.

14. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    If they even had or planned a review in the first place. I suspect it's just more bullshit and delaying tactics. Just like the Cup Final was used and other bullshit which has been flung out as a distraction.

Wee Baldy and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The lack of movement on anything is absolutely astonishing considering the mess we're in..

We have no direction whatsoever..

Unbelievable what they're doing here or should I say, what they're no doing..

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Maybe the Board have a "cunning plan, a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel ". I just wish to * they would hurry up and put it into action

17. jambo_cfc

I dont think the board have a plan ! I think the silence is the board trying to put something together that will appease us and so far they have been unsuccessful because they dont have the funds

18. oh bhoy

was going to quote baldrick earlier with his cunning plan "we do nothing!"

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Great minds eh!

oh bhoy and rickythescot like this.
  20. JamesM09

The board are incompetent.

There should be a far bigger clamour to remove them. Sadly I think most fans will be appeased by whatever the next appointment is.

seanm and Morcombe like this.