1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Sounds like they cannae find anyone to take over and won't sack Lennon whatever he does because of the pay-out, un-believable, I thought we were supposed to be "financially sound" and well run as a "business". How much does it cost to tell him to GTF ffs ?

Morcombe likes this.
  2. oh bhoy

its worse if you cant see you have been taken for a fool

3. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    How much is the pay-out?

4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Enough to heat your driveway for a couple of years.

5. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I don't know, I'm guessing it would a years salary at the most, not that much in the grand scheme of things.

martin_d and seamus1967 like this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Huge mistake on the Board's part to let this shitshow rumble on, clearly they have written off the season, i couldn't even blame the players for not giving a * tbh, why should they bother their * if their underperforming manager is allowed to continue making an * of it, it's incredible the state we're in.

Fully87, ede, Wee Baldy and 5 others like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

They are absolutely taking the * now. Every day they continue with this damages the club more and more. Fans are becoming increasingly alienated, bearing in mind they’ll be looking for us to renew season tickets relatively soon. It’s a very dangerous game they are playing.

Wee Baldy, ede, Sgt Neppers* and 3 others like this.
  8. stew37

A drop in the ocean compared with the money he's been allowed to * on players that he doesn't play. Just wish he'd get to *.

Fully87, Wee Baldy, TheWolf and 2 others like this.
  9. Lennon1888

I actually can't wait for Lawwell and Lennon to * off, Will be a breathe of fresh air.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

What is there left to review from performances to the way he conducts himself it's a shambles and the board are every bit as culpable in it

11. WhitleyCelt

A can see this coming an absolute mile off given the way the season has went, The performance review will consist of:

The Government hate us
    SFA hate us
    Isolation wisnae our fault
    Bitton gettin sent off wisnae our fault
    Broony gettin sent off wisnae our fault.
    We done good in December
    Nae new signings
    Board = Shaggers, fans = neds

Thanks for paying for Dubai, here’s yer Pish to paradise online scandal wae Neil Francis Lennon until the summer, then you need to renew or you’ll affect the team, next years trip to Dubai and al no be able to heat ma driveway for a week.

Love Peter Liewell x

Am done with their * pish. Lennon will always be a legend but these * will forever be remembered for what they’ve allowed to happen. It’s * sickening and I will never understand how Tony Mowbray who has a better record, got sacked for a lot less. * the sentimental *, get * rid and get they * * pumped across the water twice and at least show some pride that we are actually trying to fix things.

Rant Over.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  12. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I think (and hoping) the relative silence today means change is coming.

TheHappyLoss and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  13. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    didnt we get rid of Deila because Desmond felt embarassed at losing to the scum when they were a championship team?
    how is he not embarassed by 7 wins out of the last 22 games and 0 wins from the last 4.
    I've honestly never seen a celtic team this pathetic, at least when i watched games under Barnes and Mowbray i felt we would win most matches we went into, i'm genuinely thinking we'll be lucky to get draws against * hamilton and st/ mirren now.

Lennon has been saying for month he does not know what any of the problems are despite the fact us fans have basically pointed them all out and these moron still leave the clueless * in charge.

At the rate things are going lennon will still * be here for next season, how many points do we have to fall behind to get rid of him as it will be 23 by the end of the week, will it take being 30 point behind to get rid of him? 35? 40? could they really let it get that bad.

but even if they do finally see sense and sack lennon, I will still put no money into the club until that * Lawell is out, i'm not giving him a * penny, his biscuit tin bull * cost us many players like steven fletcher in 2009 which cost us the league that year, cost us john mcginn, I believe one of the reasons we lost Rodgers so early was because he was sick of dealing with the * as well.

As long as Lawell is theer all we will get are yes men, we need someone who will help our manager get the players he wants, not someone who buys players and our manager says in interviews tha they know nothing about them, its a * farce.

anyway sack lennon, sack the board and * peter lawell

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Anywhere from 400k to 1mill at this stage I would imagine.

I was under the impression Lennon would have been on around a million a year - based off his last time here and the fact he was a failed Hibs manager.
    Turns out some sources have him on around 2.4million, equivalent of Rodgers (something else lawwell needs sacked for, his list of offences is very long now).
    But it's only a one year contract, so the payout can't surely be any more than a percentage of what's left to run - 4 months or so

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ede, seamus1967 and DonnyCelt like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Been feeling this for awhile.
    Some players need to take a hard look at how they've acted and played as a professional football player, some clearly have downed tools (Eddie, ntcham, Christie) others have simply had enough of the manager (McGregor, ajer, bitton) and you can see the efforts being put in, but they either aren't good enough or aren't being trained and told what the game plan is.
    Others (soro, Turnbull, frimpong) are bursting a gut to various degrees to impress someone, somewhere
    And then you've got guys like Ely and laxslt who really don't give a * at this stage if their long term game isn't here anyway.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Wee Baldy and The Prof like this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Compare this to the arrogance of people at every level of our club.

17. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Brilliant.

We need to get his DNA and clone him.

Rydo1888*, Wee Baldy and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'll admit I've defended Lawwell and for a while felt he was very very useful to have with us.

But i'm done now. Definitely want change at all levels and by * it's needed. This season has fully opened my eyes.

Peej likes this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    It's no a rant m8, it's the truth

20. oh bhoy

I can never remember a time when we have just give up ,on every level

johnboy19 likes this.