1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think we'll win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 30, 2019.

Discuss Still think we'll win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You’re joking, aren’t you?????

2. Jeremie Frimpong

No.

3. leeso-ardoyne

I wouldn't trade Seville for winning the league or even a treble that year and I definitely wouldnt trade a uefa cup final/win this season over this league. * the uefa cup if it is going to mess up this league this year. We will never get a chance again(not in my lifetime anyway) to win 9 and 10IAR so all focus should be in the league, esp after seeing how the huns have stepped up to the plate now.

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You should have taken the opportunity to say yes. :84:

5. leeso-ardoyne

Of course we'd all.love a uefa cup win, it'll be a great achievement however if it * this years league win up, then I don't give a flying * about the uefa cup. This year is far to important in the history of our club. As a young kid I used to be in awe looking at my memrobeila with 9IAR on it thinking it will never be done again. Now we have the chance nothing should distract us from it and if that means getting humped by Copenhagen, it wouldn't bother me as much as other years losing in Europe.

In saying all this, * it would be nice to do 9IAR plus win the uefa cup this year.

I'd die a happy man if I was able to get our hands on another treble this year along with the uefa cup :treble::62:. We can dream can't we.haha.

6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!

Yes you say that but I remember as a lad embracing our Brilliant History In European Club Football And The agony but pride in just missing out in 03.
    66,67,69,70,72,74,80,03, amazing stuff,to win in 20,come on:ynwacelti

7. CountyDownFaithful

Any truth that we will have 4 away games in the split? Someone has posted that on Twitter but surely not.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yes.

This league is more than just 4 games against that mob. They've dropped points against the sheep, we have against livi etc.

They are known to get ahead of themselves and I believe they will do so more in the second half and that will bite them in the *.

No way will both clubs go the remaining part of the season unbeaten apart from the potential two hun games later on. And anyone who generally thinks they are likely to go unbeaten more than we are needs to have a word with themselves.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  9. CountyDownFaithful

They may have peaked too soon. Their celebrations yesterday and the reaction today should be all the motivation our squad needs to come out fighting in the new year.

I’ve been critical since FT yesterday about the team and I’m not dismissing the title race talk by any means but I’d be more worried if yesterday was the 3rd Old Firm game.

18 games to go and we need to be right up for every single one of them! Any passengers should be sent packing!

10. celtic warrior

Get that rat Gerrard celebration * playing on loop everywhere around the facilities during training, their squad celebrating like they won the league already.

If that can't motivate this lot, then * sack them

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No, they can't do that. They somehow do it so teams have a fair share where possible 3 maybe but won't be 4.

Even if it means a team playing a team 3 times home/away they will arrange it

12. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    That's the most pathetic thing i've ever heard.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It’s not really..

We have a good few players who could do with a loan move and would make the other teams better immediately..

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

i think we have something like 4 outta 5 away from home in the 5 leading to the split.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  15. Jeremie Frimpong

Lennon has chosen to play players out of position, or through injury, rather than consider Sinclair for selection.

The suggestion that he might make a more positive contribution to our season elsewhere is pathetic though - at least according to shitetalker (hurr durr!).

JC Anton likes this.
  16. Nasser

Gerrard has got them fired up they are determined. I've not seen them like this for a long long time. I think we win, but it goes down right to the wire.

I can't handle the love in if them and Liverpool win the league, it will be * horrible the Liverpool fans from all over the world who have no clue how evil the zombies are cheering on Rangers because of Stevie G and it's sickening.

On paper we are far better than them and I trust Lennon but I'm not underestimating them * one bit.

Rydo1888* and JC Anton like this.
  17. jamesfr

Yes but only if we strengthen in January

18. john2061

We have alot of away games coming up so no room for error and the zombies only dropped 2 points with that cluster of away games they had .
    We need to bring in 4 players in the transfer window to keep the title .

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Im being realistic here, we are not winning the Europa League, I’m sorry but we are not.

The league comes first, it’s our bread and butter and we have more chance of winning that.

it would be fantastic to win the Europa league and get into another European final once again but we all know it’s not going to happen.

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

Yes winning the Europa would be fantastic but not at the cost of any league title.

Plus right now, in the current climate, we are kidding ourselves that winning the Europa league is a possibility, it will likely be a CL drop out or one of the big teams, let's not forget, even if we think their utter dogs hit domestically.

Teams like Man U and Arsenal will want to win it for CL football. Inter and Roma are still in it. Salzburg, assuming they don't get ransacked in Jan are still in it. Ajax, then you've got decent outfits that could spring a surprise and get to the final in teams like leverkusen, wolfsberg, sevilla and wolves.

Yeah it's great to go further but I would much rather see us win the league in style and by some distance and * kill that mutant mob lot domestically.

Sydneysider likes this.