1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Steven Fletcher

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by verdi-y-blanco, Jan 2, 2014.

Discuss Steven Fletcher in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Some superb finishes in that..

2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely mate.

Some fans are going crazy at the thought of him coming in and been the ‘cheap option’. But you can see from that videos that he offers something completely different up front to what we have currently. Edouard is a big lad but isn’t much of an aerial threat.

But the thought of us still potentially bringing in Ajeti as well as Fletcher, I think it’s a no brainer.

Different games need different approaches and I think Fletcher would add another dimension for when we need to change it up. He’s not a flashy all round player like Edouard but that doesn’t mean he can’t contribute over the course of a season.

He’s not coming in to be our number one striker. I think some fans are seen him been linked with us and think he is going to be Edouard’s replacement. I know the board have been know for penny pinching over the years but that’s even a step too far for them in my opinion :56::56:

3. Maestro 08

If ever there was a game that was crying out for someone like Fletcher to come on this is it. Get him signed.

4. CountyDownFaithful

Spot on

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:lager:

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Get him in, need a guy like that for these games where nothing is happening so we have an option to cross balls in from anywhere and go long.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Folk turn their nose up at him, but * me he would have been a better option that Edouard today. Trying to dribble past 4 defenders camped in their own 18 yard box works sometimes but on a pitch the ball bobbles about everywhere it's never happening. We need somebody like Fletcher that will give * back to the cloggers in this league.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

It pains me to say it but today is the kind of game he would thrive if its not working playing through teams and we're pumping balls in to the box we don't have an out and out target man at the moment

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Last time we scored a last minute winner there it was Bayo who came on for about 5 minuts and made a difference, won the corner that Brown ended up scoring from.

Defensively Kilmarnock are solid with Findlay, Broadfoot, Dicker and Power through the middle and we pretty much play through the middle every week, probably why especially on the plastic we hardly score goals there and need a big guy we can just launch it to or let us cross it in from anywhere.

James likes this.
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye. If ever anyone needed a game to show why we need someone like him as an option that was it.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Yeah I actually think when you have 9 on the bench and you are desperate for a goal Fletcher is the type of guy you need. If you don't need him you still have 8 others for different situations

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Does anyone actually believe that we’d have thrown Bayo on today had he been on the bench? With enough time to make an impact anyway?

We’ve had the direct in the air option for a while and refused to use it. I don’t think today’s game highlights anything in relation to Fletcher personally.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Maybe not, but that's because Bayo's pish.

Fletcher would have been ideal today. Okay we still might have drawn, but having someone like him to throw on in a game like that would be so valuable.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  14. Maestro 08

Bayo? No. Fletcher? Yes.

Fletcher is a known quantity and for me is a proven player. Bayo is obviously not rated by the management here. To compare them like for like doesn't make sense.

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

fletcher isn’t rated by BBJ either. He questioned his credentials today, not top class :fear:

16. Maestro 08

I'm certain he would do a job here. More than a job, I think he would be very good.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Bayo is * hot in the air and would have scored goals for Celtic if given the correct opportunities.

Fletcher has had an entire career and has proven he doesn’t score enough to be a Celtic striker. That won’t change at 33.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Fletcher is a better player than Bayo. By a considerable margin.

Jeremie Frimpong and Maestro 08 like this.
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Does Steven Fletcher score enough goals to be a Celtic striker?

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

As our first choice striker? No. But he’d be here as a plan B and likely 3rd or 4th choice.

He’s got more goals in the last two seasons than all of our current strikers, bar Edouard, though. So he’d fit in just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.