1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stefan Johansen

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by SloBhoy, Jan 15, 2014.

Discuss Stefan Johansen in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Listen pal, Celtic fans are the amongst the most welcoming, most supportive fans in the whole world. Work hard and demonstrate a bit of talent and worth to the team and you will be adored and idolised by hundreds of thousands. Johansen isn't getting pelters for nothing. An incredibly average footballer who brings * all to an attacking team.

Don't make out he's a scapegoat and tarnish our fans name. Our fans pay good money and deserve better than Johansen. He's too ill disciplined to play holding midfield, flying into tackles and running about like a headless chicken, leaving his position and the guy he's supposedly marking.

If you try and compensate for his lack of defensive awareness by playing him further up the field it soon becomes apparent that he's nowhere near good enough technically to fit into a team that aims to play free flowing attacking football. That was one of Deila's several downfalls. Persisting with this joker at number 10. Trust me if the Celtic fans home or away are criticising Johansen, it will be warranted.

2. pete0301

Why was he player of the year then? :56:

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Well done. He won player of the year once. Just like Mulgrew who we recently deemed so good that he has been released, and other world renowned names such as Michael Higdon. Let's give him a new deal and keep him in the team forever. * is a headless doo.

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

guy showed real quality at times and was good in that video, suited the high pressing style that the players didn't seem to want to do last season.

i keep thinking the players downed tools last season i dont know why i think that but they were all playing below par all of them apart from griffiths, we'd have been * without him last year

wish him well if he goes

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Had a three month purple patch that got him POTY ( VVD deserved it overall ). Has been utter guff ever since and was pretty bad before. Not the player you need when playing patient possession football as he will give it away more often then he keeps it. Good to move on the deadwood as always.

6. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Glad to see someone else see this. Johansen did not have a great season. He had a great 3/4 months. He was * * at the start and end of the season.

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be honest I don't. For whatever reason he hasn't been able to recapture that type of form. But it wouldn't surprise me if he did elsewhere and 2 million or so ends up being a bargain for someone else.

8. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    would like to see him moving on

9. Darnok

He was good for Lennon too.

10. wulliebad

If BR can turn Forrest around then maybe we shouldn't be so quick to offload johansen.....unless of course he simply wants to leave.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's no coincidence the team is playing free-flowing football after him being left out. It was the same story last season.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    has there been an official bid from Fulham? link?

13. apevrak

We have a possible CL campaign in front of us where depth in the squad is crucial to keep the boat floating domestic and on the road. I for one can't see why we should punt a player who was POTY two seasons ago and risk having a potentially weaker squad after deadline day.

14. blink1eto'o

I agree mate but I think we have way too many midfielders at present and a lot of them lack any real quality

15. CPM1888

Would be glad to see the back of him, take the money and run.

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He isnt signing a new deal and doesn't look at all interested even after Rodgers has rolled up, i know you will say Rogic and Forrest were they same but they knuckled down and got on with it on the park, now until Johansen does that and shows some of the class that saw him win POTY then sorry he is off

17. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Getting more and more annoyed now every time I see him in training, wish he would just * off the majority of fans don't want him here anymore and there are plenty more effective players who should be ahead of him in the queue in MF.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Galatasaray have turned their attentions back to Norwegian international Stefan Johansen after their pursuit of Lucas Leiva fell through. The Turkish club were confident of a deal, but Jurgen Klopp pulled the plug after injuries at Liverpool left him short of quality cover.

According to Haber Ler, Galatasaray officials will travel to Glasgow next week and discuss the details about a potential transfer. It’s understood by those compiling the report that Celtic want £2.7M for their midfielder but Galatasaray want to bring the fee down a little lower than that.

Johansen made 38 first team appearances last season for Celtic but his role under new boss Brendan Rodgers isn’t thought to be quite as important.

If Johansen is to move then Galatasaray may well be an attractive option, given the size of the club and their success. The Norwegian would once again find fanatic fans in Turkey, a similarity with Glasgow and Celtic.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And with that money we sign Lucas :icon_mrgreen:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

the boy from Swansea.