1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Sopranos

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Craiglang, Jan 27, 2016.

Discuss Sopranos in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Patsy whacked him for sure. You can see it coming from the day T done his twin brother. Patsy was a really likable guy, really relatable, the kind of guy who kept his own council and was easily dismissed...... But he was a cold stone killer, and the look on his face when Tony was pushing him to accept his brothers murder was very telling.

It was always in the bank, and when the time came (and it was coming) . Patsy was always going to be the go-to guy for anyone wanting Tony gone.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's a good theory mate but it's just not plausible for me. Patsy was a lowly soldier. No way he had the clout to pull it off. If he took a Maddy and shot Tony on his own then obviously but that was a military operation.

Another theory I convinced myself of over the years was it was Gene's wife. Guy in members only jacket was the jacket Gene was wearing when he hung himself when T wouldn't let him leave the life.

Mind Gene and his wife came into a massive inheritance when a family member died so she could have hired a hitman.

I have practically covered all bases that I just can't be wrong. :giggle1:

Still convinced it was Butchie and little carmine.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    True Tony in the story was technically older than 38 aswell wide falco was even younger like 32or 34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Plus New York tried to whack patsy with silvio as well which kind of blow the patsy in cahoots with paulie out of the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yup.

For me it was deffo carmine and butch. With Paulie feeding them the info.

Chase has always said the answer is there if you look for it.

It's the only answer for me.

6. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I hear you, but I don't think your giving Patsy enough credit......he never messed up on anything, he kept his mouth shut, and he never attracted an heat to himself. He was a stone cold killer, and you never seen any emotional reactions from him other than when his brother got whacked ("that telepathy twin *" - Christopher) . You could feel the rage coming through the TV screen as Tony kinda laughed it off and advised Patsy to"let it go"...... even insisting that he "say it out loud, because I need to hear you say it".......

That was a fatal mistake Tony made, nobody"let's it go" if their brother is murdered, and certainly not a stone cold murderer like Patsy.

I think it's fair to say that the writers are never going to explain the ending, but for me..... Patsy was ALWAYS going to exact revenge or be whacked himself for being a threat. Tony was ruthless, but he was often too soft, too normal, which is why despite everything he was a loveable character........ but it was his ultimate downfall. If you openly (despite denial, it was obvious) murder someone's brother, you best sort the brother out too, especially if he's a ruthless murderer himself.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Patsy got pished and peed in Tony's pool. Criminal mastermind :giggle1:

littlekennie and Qué sera sera like this.
  8. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    A sure sign that he'd "let it go" yeah ?!? You think....."I stick provolone in my socks at night so it smells like your sisters crotch in the morning !!" :smoke:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:rofl:

Cheese *.

That works on so many levels considering where you stay :giggle1:

Sgt Neppers* and Qué sera sera like this.
  10. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Lolz, so it does.... but it's actually a 'Sopranos' (paraphrasing) quote from Silvio lol.

Edit...... I'm outside posting mad with it..... but on immediate reflection....... You knew it was a sopranos quote didn't you ?!? I * up that last post lol :60:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Oh I hope you know I knew that. I wasn't just randomly calling you a cheese * :giggle1:

Qué sera sera likes this.
  12. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    capeesh :50:

13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Half way through season 3 now, watching with my girlfriend. Before we started it I warned her she probably wouldn’t enjoy the first few episodes all that much but it’s just so worth it when you stick with it. She’s completely hooked now and in her own words “invested” in what’s happening.

I’ve watched it three times in full and have started it a couple of times, watched episodes when channel hopping etc but not watched beyond season 3 in about 7/8 years so buzzing to watch the full thing with her.

Season one can be a bit of a slow burn, I enjoy watching it because I know the characters and how they end up but it’s very much setting it up for more seasons. It takes until about half way through the second season before you really start to appreciate that every episode has an element of genius in it.

What I love about The Sopranos is that it doesn’t rely on cheap thrills. There’s no * acting or tacky cliffhangers. There’s meaning behind every single scene, the words spoken by the characters and the order they happen. Even the choice of music and lyrics for each episode is intentional and genius.

Have watched plenty of other good shows but none that matched the genius of The Sopranos.

14. stew37

I think I've properly watched it right through from start to finish probably at least half a dozen times, haven't ever done that with any other show.

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Just finished it for the first time. Brilliant show. The making of any great show is the characters in it. So many brilliant characters. Tony, Christopher and Sil were probably my favourites. Never get tired of Sil’s permanent frown expression :giggle1:

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

IMG_6641.jpeg

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. stew37

Know it's prob been mentioned on here before, think I may even have posted about it ages ago but I must have watched this episode a fair few times before I noticed * in the mirror. First time I did I couldn't believe it :56:

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Finished this for the second time.

Just a complete masterpiece. Enjoyed it so much more on the rewatch, and I already thought it was brilliant.

The characters, acting, dialogue, relationships…just never misses.

19. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yep, an absolute masterpiece of television storytelling.......if I was going to be arsey and nit-pick, I'd point to a few actors reappearing as different characters, not that that was a big problem though, just when you've watched it a few times it's noticeable. Also, there's a couple of the 'main' characters that on hindsight are weaker than the overall show deserved...
    Johnny Sack for example ? He developed into a major player throughout the show, and I never really thought he was convincing.

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I've run out of superlatives for the show, for anyone that hasn't watched it yet, treat yersel, honestly it just dosen't get any better than this.