1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Sheep Vs Celtic - 25.10.20 12:00 KO - Live On Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Account Deactivated, Oct 22, 2020.

Discuss Sheep Vs Celtic - 25.10.20 12:00 KO - Live On Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Do that and we will have won every cup plus league. That would mean 1 SPL title, 2 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup and 1 Europa league.
    That would also mean we will have equaled deadco trophy haul.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: * aye. Let's do it.

Drakhan likes this.
  3. marty89

I completely agree with your analysis of the performances except that the answer is more instability in the attempts to stabilise.

My argument is that the majority of the performance has to do with circumstances and context. Like I say, I don't think anyone can even name any team in he world's 6th choice CB. We had 4th choice CF, 4th choice SS 4tch choice AM (I would play Turnbull who I think is 2nd).
    These things cannot be planned for, Boli can't be planned for.

For the dressing room speculation, I can agree there are individuals who don't seem to want to play for Celtic (want to play for a better league) but if the team didn't want to play for Lennon all they had to do was not come back and he was guaranteed sacked.

They also looked absolutely gutted today and against Milan and against the Huns.

And while I absolutely agree that the performances have been for the most part turgid. I don't know how is beating hibs at an absolute canter and rangers looking bullied fits enter the big picture.

Gutted and disappointed yes

Panicked and defeated no

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    johnboy19 likes this.
  4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The first part of that is a nice, comfy read!!

However, the Huns aren't just beating us in the media. They've comfortably played us off the park in the vast majority of the last half dozen games

Also, can't argue with your stats but it's only half a story pal. It doesn't take account of the fact there's now a far stronger Hun about this year!!

I haven't given up by the way but to still bury your head in the sand is just crazy!!

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I really hope we have the players back for next week to go...

Elhamed....Bitton....Ajer....Laxalt

6. marty89

Two factors;

In The Hun game; would it surprise you to know that brown attempted more passes, completed more passes, completed more interceptions and covered more ground than they are supposed world-class 50 grand kamara (75%)
    also that both their right back and left back who are the main points of attack had far less crosses against us than any other team by a long distance.
    Kent morelos and barker posted missing.
    The only thing they did more than us was scored 2 goals, which has what it takes at the end of the day.

For them playing better I don't honestly think so. The are not scoring a great number of goals more than they used to. However when you factor in that there is no dikes there was no Cosgrove Motherwell have had half the team sold etc.
    To me that shows that the spfl is objectively worse especially in terms of firepower.
    Hibs bullied them and got shot after shot off against them.

But at the end of the day we can improve and I do say that I really wouldn't go with the 352, I wouldn't play Ntcham and I personally wouldn't have called out players like that but I would have had a you're either with us or against us press conference and could be doing a lot more to control the narrative surrounding the squad.

For them, all I see is the same starting squad that lost to Hamilton but with an spfl is a bit weaker this s ason from getting weaker last season.
    Tav the guy that 'isn't captain material, the worst RB in the league defensively' and 'that diddy goldson' have suddenly become world class?? Aye according to the media.

littlekennie and Sydneysider like this.
  7. john2061

Some on here sticking their head in the sand hoping things will get better but I gave Lennon the benefit of the doubt against sevco but now getting to the stage there needs to be a change.
    Look at todays game your winning the game with less than 10 mins to go and takes off rogic for Turnbull he should have been putting on a defender and drop a forward deeper into midfield make it harder for the sheep to break us down

8. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Win against the sheep next week and we will jave 2 games in hand before playing huns in league as livi away will be postponed.

9. villa82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Mc Grain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Was watching the match online on 87 minutes, and saying take in into the corner flag,waste time,is it me or don't footballers know how to do it now

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Posted this on page 4

Seen it coming and us dropping points. The script has been the same since the warm up games in France.

Our tempo and lack of tactics and shape has nothing to do with players missing. Ajeti done absolutely nothing and if Eddy played it would have been the same for him.

We are too slow, our playing has gone back to side to side and allowing teams time to organize.

This wont change any time soon as Lenny is no tactician and our shambolic defence gives us no platform to build from

Long * season ahead and most of it wint be enjoyable... just hope the month of May is our time to celebrate

Note I said HOPE, as there is not much else to base it on at the moment.

Long way to go .. need to start by winning next weekend

thailandceltic and Cerand Bhoy like this.
  11. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way
    Yea, we still played better mate, and still no decent forward penetration. Lenny is not the answer. The sooner we realise this the better.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. GreenLeanMean

A few seasons ago a lot of us would've been happy with a point at Pittodrie.
    Not now though. We've raised the bar since then. Every point us crucial this season