1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This must be a fishing attempt

Surely..

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don’t really agree with that. We kept him because, aye their could have been a transfer fee, and secondly if we didn’t, if you can get him motivated he’s comfortably the most dangerous player in Scotland.

It’s why we’ve still included him in the Europa Squad.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nowhere near it. I think he's still a hard worker, well I've seen nothing to suggest he isn't. How that has become fact is beyond me. I think he's just lost a yard of pace and regressed as a player.

Even in his second season here he was scoring goals but wasn't as good an all round player as he was in his first season. He's been getting worse and worse every season he's been here, but adapted his game to still get the goals. Becoming essentially a striker last season in terms of where his goals came from.

It looked to me like extending his contract to get some money for him is exactly what we were trying to do, hence why he was being left out of squads constantly and pushed to the side, and it backfired massively.

horseshoe and McChiellini.. like this.
  4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think too much can be read into him being included in the Europa squad. Realistically who else would have been added if he wasn't? And there could be reasons, beyond playing, he has been included. There would be a lot more questions from the fans and the media about why he has been frozen out if he wasn't included. If we are trying to sell him for whatever we can get in January, rather than just offloand him for nothing, it makes sense to at least pretend he is part of our plans, otherwise clubs will only come in looking for loan deals and for us to part finance his wages, knowing we are desperate to get rid.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He sets up the most goals and scores a * of a lot. He’s been the most consistent player end product wise in a team that has won 9 trophies in a row.

He doesn’t put the slightest bit of work rate in anymore, he doesn’t track back and the most annoying thing for me, and the reason he was that good his first season, he was constantly on the move, constantly making runs. Even if he wasn’t going to get the ball he was dragging players around. I’ve never seen a player work that hard for us off the ball, when we have the ball since Henrik. It was exceptional, it was far too much for Scottish defenders.

Contrast that to now, he stands out on the wing. Most of the time takes the ball with his back to goal and passes backwards.

It’s lack of work rate and a lack of effort and that’s just down to Scott Sinclair himself. Even if you don’t agree he’s the most dangerous on top form - and I’m talking his first season form here - then it’s undeniable that he is up there.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

He was tracking back in the games he played incl. pre season.

Contrast it to now?? he sits on the wing in the dugout.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I really disagree with mate, it was doing my * head in. A light jog back, not closing down players, not covering positions, not closing down spaces. He’s been doing it for a long time now as well.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep. His problem wasn't his work rate. It was his lack of confidence and ability in attack.

Spring Time likes this.
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's still a dangerous player in the sense that he gets himself into goalscoring positions. But anywhere outside the box hes like a man down at times, impotent.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If that's the case I'd like to offer my services to Helen... :92:

11. TheHappyLoss

Has loads of talent but there's just something off

12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree, was so useless tracking back, bit like well, that's not really my job.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I've always been a big fan of Sinky's but with Ely coming in and with Johnston having already proven that he can hold his own I just don't see a role of Sinclair anymore.

Johnston is the future and Ely is a better player. Its a shame it had to end this way. He was an essential, exciting core player for the treble treble.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Always remember him saying he wasn't focusing on beating his man or his work outside the box and was looking to get in the box and score more..

Was almost ever since then....his overall play went to *..

15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Finally accepting what most folk have for a while now, Sincy is not longer a Celtic player.

No offence to Morgan as he doesn't pick himself but it has nothing to do with ability he's getting picked ahead of Sincy so something must've happened behind the scenes.

It's a shame cause he is deadly when in the mood and all he needs is the right kind of motivation. Even off form he was getting goals. I don't think he was the only player whose form declined after Rodgers' first season and that was more to do with the manager than the players.

As already mentioned though, I'm not too concerned now I've seen what Elyounoussi can do and Johnston is a special player.

What is a slight concern is Morgan on the bench, he's not got what it takes to be part of any solution if we need to change things up.

Blochairnbhoy and greengrocer like this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Apparently he has a very high appearance bonus according to one of the bloggers

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Lilac Wine and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  17. scootz

What's his wages for the next 12 months? £1.5 million???

There's no downside to this situation. Yes - he's regressed somewhat and he may only play a bit part going forward, but he's still WELL worth that outlay.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. cammy07

It's worth remembering lenny had him in the team last season and he was rotten.

I won't for one minute claim Morgan is a better option but both Johnston and elyonoussi are way ahead of him.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

8 months now as the contract takes him up until the end of May 2020 but presuming he stays until then the decision to extend his contract will cost us £1.8 million in wages alone.

There's no way anyone can contend that's a good use of club funds when he's not even in the team. That's the equivalent of over 4,000 season books money.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It back fired on Pedro as a few of us have said Sean.

He was given the deal to protect some of his value.

there was a few enquiries throughout the window and he was close to Derby but they ran out of time.

he will move on in January for a nominal fee