1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

I hate how we are handling this. How short sighted is it to treat players like this?

What will the rest of the dressing room think? Why would you give two * about the club or the team when they clearly don’t give a * about you. Boyata, Lustig, Sinclair .. all seemingly popular and all treated very poorly. I can’t see this not coming back to haunt us. Morale will be so low.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We’ve been scoring loads and he has exactly one goal and one assist in 20 odd games since Lenny came in. We can’t say that for definite.

He needs to fight for his place, can’t just be handed to him.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's being pushed out the door, I'd love him to get the opportunity to fight for his place!

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I disagree mate, don’t think we’d have extended his contract if we were desperate to get him out the door.

The opportunities pre-season and cameos he’s had he showed nothing.we’ve gambled on him being able to rekindle his form and we’re losing that gamble.

5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    There is more to this as opportunities have not been given on merit. You said that Sinclair has “showed nothing” but what exactly has Lewis Morgan showed? We don’t need to assess Sinclair in his few minute cameos under Lennon during pre-season and last season; he has proven across THREE YEARS that he is a goalscorer and provides numerous assists. He’s even got more competitive goals than Morgan already this season!

Something has got to change here. It stinks.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    At least he scored. More than Morgan.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Morgan comes on and doesn’t hide, he works, Sinclair doesn’t. If you don’t do what management wants you to do on the pitch, you won’t be selected. It’s very simple.

People shouldn’t be selected regardless of that be ause they have done well in the past.

When he was playing, we all wanted him dropped because of his form, we’ve done that and now people seem to think he’s the player he was when he first arrived.

Show what you can do in training and work your * off when given opportunities and you’ll play.

Gabriel and StPauli1916 like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And thats always been the frustrating thing with Sinclair, he can get score, we all know it.

When he doesn’t work, when he doesn’t really take part attacking, when he just passes backwards and doesn’t try and beat a man it makes us actively worse going forward. Then he can pop up with a goal or an assist.

It’s so * frustrating because he doesn’t come anywhere near using the best of his ability.

Rydo1888*, Mince.Charming and Slaw like this.
  9. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    If by working hard you mean trying to take a player on and then falling to the ground,
    then fair enough.

People should always be selected on what they have done in previous games. Thus, Morgan should be dropped and Sinclair on the bench at least.

I have never wanted him to be dropped from the squad at any point.

I don’t think anyone thinks he is or will be as good as his first season because he was literally unplayable; however, that season has set an unrealistic expectation on his performances too. Sinclair has ALWAYS been good for an important goal in an important game. None more so than the European games.

For the record, I would rather we had a player playing on the left wing who will contribute to the team in terms of goals and assists rather than someone who *subjectively* ‘works hard’ for the team. I don’t exactly think Morgan works well at this moment in time no matter how it is dressed up.

In saying that, I do hope Morgan turns out to be a player and I actually think he would be better suited to the CAM role.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    People should be played because they weee good two years ago? * that mate, honestly bonkers.

By working hard I mean he comes on, tracks his man, picks the ball up, intercepts and does more than just stand about hiding behind a defender. Which is what Sinclair’s been doing for a long time.

We need better than Morgan on the left wing, no doubt for me but people are getting rose tinted glasses of Sinclair.

Gabriel likes this.
  11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Yeah, players should mostly be picked on merit for the big games: what they have done for the team in the past. The past would include one/two/three games ago too.

I don’t think Sinclair hides behind any defenders or does hiding of any sort. In fact, he creates goals, chances and scores goals in big games and the stats prove this. Many times he doesn’t take a man on (usually because he is now doubled up on) but he quite clearly affects the game in other ways.

Essentially, if I was making a choice, I would rather my winger was scoring, assisting and creating chances as opposed to doing none of the above but being able to take a man on (I don’t think Morgan is very good at taking a man on though, so where are his actual strengths as a winger?)

There are no rose tinted glasses over Sinclair for me. I have backed him for a long time now. I have confidence in a player who is the fourth top goalscorer in the 8IAR era - ahead of Gary Hooper.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  12. cammy07

His contract was clearly extended so we could sell him and get some sort of fee for him, and even then we couldn't manage that. Now we're left with a £35k/w player who quite clearly isn't wanted.

That being said if he's here for the season we might aswell use him seeing as he's a much better option than Morgan who's getting plenty of minutes at the moment.

Lilac Wine and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If it's purely down to ability there can be no justifiable reason why Sinclair cannot even get into the squad, clearly there is something wrong, if not then Lenny's judgement has to be called into question ?

14. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    It should be him and Johnston fighting it out for that left wing slot unless we sign someone else, Morgan should be loaned out to whoever will take him and see where he goes from there, at this point he's just another pish rodgers signing who's shown absolutely * all since he joined us.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Nowhere near Sinclairs biggest fan, but it’s without question he’s a better player than Morgan.

He can hide all game for all I care as long as he’s creating and scoring which he does regardless.

Damnati likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not a single reason I can think of why Morgan deserves to be in the squad over Sinclair. None.

Sinclair has been nowhere near his best the last couple of years but he's still got so much more to offer than Morgan. Not sure what Lennon sees in him but he seems to be the only person seeing it. He works hard aye, but he never looks remotely threatening in an attacking sense. He's a poor man's Jonny Hayes down that left side.

Johnston is the best option we have at the moment on the left. Sinclair should be his backup. At least with him there's a chance he'll get a goal. The same can't be said for Morgan.

17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe he wants out ?

If he has told Lenny he wants a transfer then maybe Lenny does not want him in the team. Lenny sent Weah packing and i am in favour of this treatment if players want away.

Get yer agent to find a club / deal and in the meantime we will play those who want to be Celts

For me this is the only thing that makes sense coz Morgan is not first team material and may never be

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Counter-productive if that's the case. The best place for Sinclair if he wants to move on, for Celtic and for him, is in the team and contributing.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That's what I was going to say.

If we want shot of him why not play him and say you're playing for a future.

Having him out the squad is doing nothing. Unless there is more to it than meets the eye.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Incase * see how he’s been playing for the last 6 months and don’t want him? :56: