1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Reo Hatate says he wasn't at 100% in the Scottish Cup semi-final - but digging in followed by some words from the boss got him back to his Celtic best.

The Japanese midfielder was racing to be fit for the pressure cooker game against Rangers, which the Hoops eventually won 1-0 thanks to a Jota goal. It paves the way for them to potentially clinch a Treble this Saturday against Inverness Caley Thistle in the Scottish Cup final and while he did appear, Hatate admits he wasn't fully sharp for a meeting with his rivals after spending over a month out, lasting 66 minutes.

Angeball's high-intensity attacking qualities has been lauded, and the technician provided an insight into it's gritty characteristics that are key, with Celtic boss Ange Postecoglougetting him back to top shape for winning the league away at Hearts. Hatate wrote in his Sportiva blog: "It's a one-shot cup semi-final, and the opponent is the rival Rangers. I feel that the work I have shown so far on the pitch is a proof of trust in the fact that (Postecoglou) has nominated me as a starting pitcher after returning from injury

There was a difficulty that the play was not as usual, partly because it was a big game from the first game after returning. However, for the sake of the team, I did the best I could at that time.

If you don't get the feel of the game and can't contribute to the team on the offensive side, work hard and show your strength in defence. Press the opponent to induce or drive them.

"Pick up the second ball and connect it to the attack. Or keep the ball and calm the game down. When I was asked if I could show my characteristics and strengths in my first match after coming back, it was hard to say that I could, but I thought and tried to play the minimum role that was required of me.

Above all, a good offense starts with a good defence. I didn't score, but a 1-0 win gave Celtic a ticket to the final. Considering that it gave me the right to challenge for the domestic triple crown.

I am glad that I was able to do the bare minimum. And then, in the match against Hearts, which decided the league championship, I switched back to my own play based on Mr. Ange's words."

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  2. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I absolutely love the guy. He’s so humble and I just wish he’d stay a Celt till he retires.

I feel the same about all our superstars from Japan. In fact I’m totally besotted with the whole squad. It’ll be a very sad day when someone leaves us.

With 2 or 3 additions we’ll ripple the calm of the European waters

I honestly believe on form we can match anyone!

Hail Hail.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Reo Hatate is not 'turning up to have fun' at Celtic

Ange Postecoglou isn't one to stand for lazy stereotypes being bandied about in a Celtic press conference. So when it was suggested Reo Hatate might be a 'deep thinker' on account of the midfielder having a blog detailing his life in Scotland, the manager took aim with one of his trademark piercing verbal arrows. “Sometimes footballers get stereotyped," he ruminated. "Just because they can write a blog they are deep thinkers!"

It just so happens that in this case, model professional Hatate is someone who does take his game extremely seriously. He's one of a generation of footballers that understands to get the best from their body they have to apply a 24-hour athlete mindset. It's an outlook that is extant throughout Celtic's squad, with captain Callum McGregor leading the culture from the front.

While the top performers of the past often allowed others to take the reins in their life, most now see the benefits of taking control for themselves, not least elegant Japanese playmaker Hatate.

Postecoglou said: “He thinks a great deal about himself, his football development, his career, everything. Everything he does is very measured. You watch him in training, he’s not the kind of guy turning up to have fun. He’s very serious about everything in his life. He’s not the only one. There are a few in there.

“I think modern footballers almost have to be that way. There are so many things that can take you off the rails, you have to think about every aspect of your life. It's the way football is these days. Young players coming through understand that now, and, more importantly, are taking control of a lot of things in their life that in the past they’d leave to other people

Hatate and Kyogo returned from the international wilderness with Japan call-ups to face Peru and El Salvador last week. While Daizen Maeda has been consistently selected by the national team, his two compatriots have missed out - despite being standouts in the Scottish Premiership. Postecoglou was delighted to see three of his signings back in contention under coach Hajime Moriyasu

He joked: “Maybe Scottish football has improved in the last six months… “I’m pleased for both of them. I had no doubt they’d get another opportunity. They have been outstanding for us and it’s fully deserved. I know they were both disappointed, particularly with the World Cup, but also with subsequent selections.

“They’ll get a buzz at being in there. It’s always great to go to the national team on the back of a season where you’ve won a few medals, as part of a team as well as individually. It’s a great reward for them.

4. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I’d like to think the national team manager would continue to select Reo. Kyogo, Daizen and Tomoki as the players clearly love playing for Japan, and getting the recognition whilst playing for us means I feel a little bit more relaxed in them staying a bit longer with us.

Give all the first-team squad a decent wage increase Celtic. I don’t want to lose anyone in the summer. After all the balance sheet looks awesome! Use a chunk of cash to reward this stellar group of players.

And of course give the big man the remuneration he deserves too!

Hail Hail.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    Slater67 likes this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He’s a true student of the game, any time he speaks about football he goes into deep detail of exactly what he know he has to do.

The Magnificent 7 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wllm likes this.
  7. jamiebhoy67

Reckon he will.be off to spurs with ange they need a CM like him badly

8. Lewis Kerr

As good as I think he'll be I don't think he's ready for the EPL, especially for a side pushing to secure "Top 6".

Mince.Charming likes this.
  9. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not after that Scottish Cup final performance he won't...:fear:

DonnyCelt and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic will battle to the end to prevent Reo Hatate leaving this summer.

The Japanese midfielder, 25, had a tremendous season and was nominated for player of the year only to be beat out by 34-goal Kyogo in the end. His form earned plenty of interest from clubs in the Premier League with Brighton the first side to be linked with a potential switch. Following manager Ange Postecoglou's decision to leave to join Spurs on a four-year deal, he was also rumoured to fancy a reunion with his playmaker as one of his first signings as manager at the Premier League big guns

Football Scotland understands, however, that the Hoops unequivocally don't want to lose their star man who has three years left on his contract at Parkhead.

The feeling inside the club is that they won't entertain any potential offers for the player unless they meet their significant valuation of the versatile star.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

20 million and we can start negotiations. Anything less don’t bother picking up the blower.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    20 mill. 3 year left on his deal?

Wouldn't even pick up the phone for 20 mill..

13. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If Postecoglou comes in for any of our stars it’ll be nigh on impossible to retain them given the riches on offer down in that shithole of a league. If we received the right price from Sky for TV rights maybe all clubs could keep their top players

Every day I wake up dreading the worst, Hatate and Kyogo on Ange’s wish list.
    However let’s fight tooth and nail to retain them Celtic.

Hail Hail

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Can’t get a game for Japan, isn’t the player many think he is. Yet

Anything over that figure we’d be mental not to take.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s the thing though eh, if it happens, is it Levy deciding how much he thinks it’s worth or Ange? If Levy, they’ll stay because it will be far lower than is acceptable, if it’s Ange then we’ll get a * good deal. Not out of any favours because he knows the worth of them, they’ll be key to him smoothly transition others to his style and knows the inside tract on what it would take for them already.

My worry is how much we would think they are tbf, GG and JJ didn’t inspire much confidence price wise

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And he’s 25. Not a young player, not hit the peak yet.

But at an age you won’t have an inflated fee due to potential

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Isn't the best barometer..

Our talisman striker got bombed out for a winger who who'd choke in the Dam's red light district..

He's class, a game changer who developed quite late and is only gonna keep on improving. He could easily cut it down here..

18. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Personally I’d be elated if they commit to Celtic immaterial of our business model.

We’re awash with cash, no need to sell. But I wouldn’t bet against 2 or 3 departures.

Hail Hail.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    So would I mate. Commit in the term of another long term contract though. I don’t want him to go for a second mate but he’s the type of guy where it could be a circumstance of moving on when the money is at it’s highest and re-investing.

The fact we don’t actually need to do it, means that the bids will need to be better as well. In theory anyway.

The Magnificent 7 likes this.
  20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

If he wont go in this window, more likely January or next summer.