1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Betis v Celtic Thursday 16th September 5:45 kick off Bt sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 11, 2021.

Discuss Real Betis v Celtic Thursday 16th September 5:45 kick off Bt sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some big calls to make in defense. AR to come in at RB. Doubt Taylor will be fit, maybe too much quality opposition to start Monty or Scales, so could see Joe the Croat at LB. CH would like Welsh and either CS or CCV. I would run with JMcC, CMcG and DT in midfield, Forrest on the right, Jota and Ajeti.

2. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I really do not know what to expect on Thursday! Need to take our chances when they come.. Take a draw!

3. CountyDownFaithful

I think our chances of getting points here are severely limited by the loss of Kyogo.

His pace and movement would be a huge asset in this game. Ajeti is a completely different type of player who relies on service within the 18 yard box.

It would be a gamble to go without a natural striker but if Forrest is fit, why not try Abada or Jota through the middle.

4. CountyDownFaithful

Hart

Juranovic
    CCV
    Starfelt
    Scales

McCarthy
    McGregor
    Turnbull

Forrest
    Abada
    Jota

Edit: looks like Forrest will be out. Ajeti through the middle it is.

5. john2061

Not expecting anything from this game and the problem we have is we are very limited with our midfield and forward line at the moment and we will playing the same players in the up and coming games .

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think we will manage a draw

1-1.

7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Even though there is a marked improvement in our play generally under big Ange and we are purring along quite nicely, I have the fear about this game. Going to be a very interesting game this, imo. I’m anticipating a very close game and if we don’t bring our A game on the night, there will be trouble. BIG trouble. They’re a good team and will likely be our stiffest test yet (more so than alkmaar, imo). Slightly better side than Alkmaar, imo.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Wonder if we'll see Juranovic on the left again, with Ralston available again and Taylor out...

Really hope he goes with Montgomery at LB tho, think he would relish it tbh.

Dan Breen and GreenLeanMean like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wouldn't mind actually seeing Ralston at right back and Juranovic right wing for harder game's like this. Won't happen but I think it would give us better balance..

Could then move Abada left. Played there before and came on for Israel last week setting 1 up from there. Looked comfortable..

Definitely want Montgomery in for a run. Could play Scales Sunday though for that extra threat in the air..

JC Anton and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  10. GreenLeanMean

Agreed. Montgomery grew into the game after a few mistakes against AZ alkmaar and looked very assured. Which should give him the confidence for this game

JC Anton likes this.
  11. GreenLeanMean

Although I don't want to disrupt the trio of Turnbull, Rogic and McGregor I think this could be a game for McCarthy which will move Mcgregor further forward.
    I think McGregor is a better runner than Turnbull & Rogic which could be key to linking with Ajeti who could become isolated for large spells

eire4, MJ9, JC Anton and 1 other person like this.
  12. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    How come so many people are picking McCarthy in their predicted XI? He's surely not match fit is he?

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hart
    Juranovic CCV Starfelt Montgomery
    McGregor McCarthy
    Abada Rogic Jota
    Ajeti​

Ajeti leading the line scares me but he deserves the chance after scoring twice. Turnbull dropped.. he needs to get the finger out. * against Ross County and * at Ibrox. McCarthy is going to need to be thrown into a game like this to show his worth so I’d go with him. See what he’s made of. Rest of the team fairly picks itself.. has to be Juranovic over Ralston imo and it’s clear Ange fancies Starfelt over Welsh so no point swapping those around.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not a chance he’s match fit.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hart
    Ralston Welsh Starfelt Juranovic
    Soro
    Turnbull McGregor
    Abada Ajeti Jota​

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Do we?

Alkmaar, rangers and west ham in a friendly are teams we didn't play all that great against.

I'm happy with our progress, but it's far too early and zero evidence to suggest we up our game in the bigger games.

So far, it looks like we don't cope too well when teams try to match us.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. Sentinel

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I was just thinking that this might be the game we see McCarthy in from the start for the first time. Not really expecting anything I must admit. Hopefully we can at least put in a decent performance. A draw would be a superb result IMHO.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  20. Sentinel

Haha. I didn't watch it, just saw those goals.

I honestly have no idea how it will go. I watch a fair bit of La Liga and the technical ability is really high at times, but some teams can have pretty big off days.

Going by the 2nd half of the first AZ game and the whole of the 2nd leg, the rangers game and most of the Ross County match, I think some people are getting ahead of themselves as to where we are.

Kyogo is a massive miss. He pretty much is the new style. Without his energy, enthusiasm and runs I think we struggle big time. Hoping I am completely wrong though.

Slaw likes this.