1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 18, 2017.

Discuss PSG v CELTIC, UCL, Wed 22/11/17, 1945, BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sporting CP Bhoy

The disparity in money is what makes this all so irritating. Sure, there were always the haves and have nots, but within the past 15 years or so, the oil funded teams and the advantageous TV rights and endorsement money for two, maybe three certain leagues have created such a gulf in budget and class that it takes the fun out a lot of this if you support big teams with European pedigree such as Celtic, Sporting, etc. because now we're second tier teams. Sucks.

2. Markybhoy

I really enjoyed that tonight. Its such an honour to play against the world's most expensive footballer and one of Europe's best teams.

HORSESHIT.

That was * depressing to watch. The only good thing about the Champions League is the money it brings. Football wise its a waste of time.

That's 12-1 over two games against that team. Don't care how good PSG are, NO team should be beating us 12-1 over two games. We need a good centre back and our manager needs to compromise his principles away from home against Europe's top teams. For all the great things Brendan has brought to Celtic, he has now presided over the two biggest pumpings we've ever suffered in Europe and the biggest pumping we've ever suffered at home in Europe. Simply put, that's unacceptable. Learn your lesson, Brendan.

3. aliceinsound

we looked brilliant for the first 10 minutes or so, some of the best football ive seen us player at this level, actually questioned if we had shell shocked psg until their goal, then it became clear the game was only going one way.

ill be honest personally their is only so many hammerings like this i can take and kinda brush off because we show encouraging signs.

im not sure if the financial disparity is the same between us and say hamilton, and us and the psgs of this world nowadays, but mabye it is, regardles though but we would struggle to beat any team in the spl 12-1 on aggregate which is what is worrying about results like this becoming too familiar,

delighted for dembele though, could be so vital for the potential europa league matches

4. Sween

Spot on. Last night should be humiliating and realistically that result could have easily been worse if PSG wanted it to be.

Of course the financial gap is huge and really we shouldnt expect to beat PSG, or even draw. But we should never consider getting pumped 7 1 by a team playing in 2nd gear to be acceptable.

Rodgers deserves so much praise for the consistency he has achieved in Scotland but his failure to address our defence and his failure to come up with a plan B in Europe deserves criticism. Last night celtic were awful by any standard. We may never close the gap on Europes elite but if we are really ok getting beat like that because a team is richer, we might as well put out the under 18s and get beat 15-0. It is unacceptable.

5. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Ah this does hurt.

6. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That result hurts but the performance of some of our players hurts more..

We looked ok going forward and that was nice to see but our passing in our own half was dire! Some weree trying to blame the County pitch for our last game when the passing was wayward..No excuses this time. We are slow and wasteful at the back.. and yes, we get away with it domestically but at this level and against this front line we were always going to struggle.

Sure plenty of opposition fans enjoyed our shredding.. we don't often get taken apart and it shows how far ahead we are domestically when the rest of the country know this is the only place it is going to happen.

We can't get 3 results in the CL.. but some others can't get 3 results in a row in the league! We have one more game in the CL and hopefully we can go out with a win and a decent performance.. HH

Taz likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Getting to the CL is the goal for us at the moment and securing EL football is progress from last season. With a more favourable draw we may have a chance at 2nd spot now and again..

We have the ability to hurt the sides seeded above us like Anderlecht, and the way BR plays the game affords us the chance to win 3-0 away in the CL.

We won 3-0 away in the CL let it sink in for a minute.

The games v PSG were sore but plenty of positives from the campaign overall hopefully ending with a victory in the final game. 6 points from that group would be more than most supporters expectations.

I can't see BR changing his philosophy and thinking about it do we really want him to?

He's learning about the aptitude of the side too, a side he has mostly inherited. And boy has he improved them. It will take him another couple of transfer windows to get in the quality he desires.

We can be a joy to watch domestically and will hopefully win out first trophy of the season on Sun on our way to back to back trebles. And yet more history..

He's building something special with us and if CL football and clean sweeps domestically every year are to become the norm..not to mention the chance of a wee run in the EL. I'll take the odd pumping from the financially doped!

In Brendan we trust and we're are lucky to have a Celtic minded manager of the man's calibre.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I congratulate Brendan on toppling domestic record after record, and making us unquestionable kings of Scotland. But I would like him to do a Strachan if we're playing a money-loaded team. Is it really too much to ask? It's not like he can't have his usual style of football in all the other games during the season.

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

My thoughts on last night:

I hate Rob McLean and Neymar.

BroxBhoy94, Cena, StPauli1916 and 4 others like this.
  10. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    We took that beating and accepted it. They should have been screaming at each other especially at the back. We need to put more fight into these games.

JML67 likes this.
  11. seanleflem

I only saw bits at the beginning of last nights match then my stream went but I couldn't believe how well we were playing at the start. A team like PSG, unlike SPL teams, punish mistakes and Brown gave the ball away for the equalliser. Packy Bonner thought Gordon should have saved it and I agree.

If we could have held out a bit longer who knows what might have happened. Their confidence might have dropped as ours went up. We could have got out with a draw and certainly escaped the hiding.

I am 100% behind Brendan in not parking the bus, that way we will never get better.

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The best part of last night for me was realising Id made the right decision last week when I considered spending a load of dough to go over there and in the end didn't bother, I feel sorry for the many that did, irrespective of the gulf in class of both teams they deserved a better showing than that!

Markybhoy, BroxBhoy94 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Well done.

The IRA and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Game over thank fxxk time to move on,Evertonian winding me up told him his lot/Liverpool and Man utd combined would still ship at least 3 :47:

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That wee * Daryl Currie was loving it in the studio aswell, Lambert was the voice of reason on the night putting Hartson straight on a few occasions.

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Bayern shipped 3. There lot would ship 3 vs bayern, what will psg do to them. I cant * wait.

Sydneysider likes this.
  17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I think it is fairly obvious no-one was thrilled at getting beat 7-1. That is just trolling *.

Sydneysider likes this.
  18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No they need to beat us by 3 if it is 1-4, 2-5 etc.

19. Tomas

Regardless of how we set up or changed tactics, we would be well beaten by PSG. More importantly we actually showed in small patches that our team can play a bit. If we play the same way on Sunday we will win easily and in the grand scheme of things, that is more important than last night's game. We will alThe reality is that we can't compete with the very wealthiest teams these days, financial constraints mean that there are only a handful of clubs who will dominate European fotball for the foreseeable future. Let's continue to support the best club in the world, who's only problem is geography.

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. HNTB67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Let the other teams in Scottish football enjoy this, don't rise to their attempts to slaughter us with adequate excuses. None of them have had any joy over us in 64 games (560 days).

It's like me laughing at Bayern for losing 3-0 to PSG. Delusional.

BroxBhoy94 and StPauli1916 like this.