1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Woke up hoping it was a bad dream. See * on here already talking up this no hoper..

We're * :90:

2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Ange Postecoglou, is what happens when when a rugby man is in charge of finding the next Celtic football manager

DonnyCelt and JamesM09 like this.
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

I’ve just woke up too mate.

Thought for a minute this was all just some bizarre twisted dream.

Now, all I know is that I have a * of a sore head from the active hangover, and remembering we are being touted as hiring some Greek/Australian 55 year old coach called Angie, who is managing a team struggling in some league in Japan.

I’m just pulling the covers back over my head the now...

JamesM09 and McChiellini.. like this.
  4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    And so the merry go round that is Celtic FC and our new manager continues on, this is like a soap opera where we build the suspense of naming the manager with little sound bites of information being leaked to the press building hope and expectation I would say that they new before the statement about season tickets and appointing the new manager shortly that Howe had pulled away and in truth there could be a multitude of reasons why . * I was born and raised in castlemilk and I don’t want to live there hence why I * off to London in my 20’s

but now we are getting touted a new Massiah an ex Aussi national and Yokohama manager who works for the city group and is like pep well if he was like pep he would be moving to one of the big city group teams around the world, or maybe he is maybe with the relationship PL jnr has that the City Group he is the conduit to the board and they are interested in taking over Celtic maybe we will see Harkin coming in as DOF maybe we will get the Aussi and a few city juniors and a few city group players.
    I can see us becoming a franchise in reality all the major leagues are slowly being taken over by franchises and in truth we are a ripe fruit on a low hanging tree for the corporates with a global fan base and garunteed

5. Mr. Slippyfist

IS IT, AYE?

6. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Success or maybe my conspiracy theory brain is in overdrive and the board are just * totally incompetent

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye we're in some state Pad..

Hard to believe we are where we are just now, at rock bottom already, but there's the feeling we'll be even worse than that with what's to come..

I'd put the covers over mine as well but it's * roasting already :giggle1:

8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yet he took the mid-table also rans to the title and has overachieved with his teams throughout his career. That’s why I think it’s like coaching Kili or Livingston, if either of them were to win next year with this guy at the helm, everyone would be happy to have him onboard.

You all want European experience, but not willing to give those outside Europe a chance.

honda likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Quite a lot of people trying to sprinkle glitter over a * in this thread, pouring over a non-descript 25 year managerial career and trying to find quotes from anywhere that support his appointment.

John Hughes is a good coach, well liked and plays football in the right way - the supporters would still riot if he was given our managerial job and quite rightly.

A club of our size should be going for the best candidates available with a track record of delivering at a similar level we play at. Ange ain't it.

He might talk a good game, his teams might have played the high press in Australia and Japan, some former players might have liked working under him; but none of that makes you worthy of consideration for the Celtic job.

This is another underwhelming, uninspiring, cheap appointment and I don't think I can support it going forward, if indeed it's who we go for. It'll break my Granda's heart when I tell him later on that I'm considering not renewing my book that we've had together for 25 years now but I'm scunnered. They're running this football club into the ground and without the supporters taking a stand, I don't know how we stop it.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

How can somecunt outside of Europe have European experience then :56::56::56:

craigtheceltic likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

All I want is a class manager and he isn’t one. I don’t give a flying * what his nationality is or where he ply’s his trade.

snails67 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Scarily reminded me of last seasons manager in that interview.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* it. All aboard the kangaroo express, hope he kicks gerrard in the *.

14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    One of the greatest coaches in the world :56:
    Amazed that the top teams with infinite budgets and scouts all over the world haven’t picked up on this yet.
    Postecoglou isn’t a suitable alternative to Eddie Howe.
    Disappointing to see some fans already starting to back this idea. This is how the board have managed to get away with running us into the ground.

thailandceltic and Seán Mac D like this.
  15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Amen Jake. It goes against everything this club stands for

upload_2021-5-29_8-54-27.jpeg

upload_2021-5-29_8-54-41.jpeg

16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Well if he gets the gig then we’ll find out if he’s class. Personally think he got the class and more importantly the balls to manage at Celtic.

The big Viduka likes this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Watching a YouTube video about him just now 10 mins in and his own wife has said he is not charasmaric and he himself said he didn't coach well in 2005 as he was under so much pressure ... He was in charge of Australia youth team.

Buzzing

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Mate you didn’t know who the man was 24 hours ago

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Lol, I live in Australia and watch all the televised Celtic games, which is about half, and dodgy the rest. I’m quite aware of who Ange is.

The big Viduka likes this.
  20. JamesM09

The people supporting this type of appointment are the real pandemic.

Sgt Neppers* and seanm like this.