1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Despite what others are saying/ predicting/ claiming... I think we are dangerously close to appointing Roy Keane as our next manager.

All the red flags are there.

For people who are suggesting that our board "couldn't be that stupid"... think again.

This a board who empowered Peter Lawell to haggle over 200k for a potential 30m player in McGinn.

This is a board who empowered Peter Lawell to negotiate a new managers appointment in a * shower... whilst admittedly REFUSING to even open CVs from other candidates.

This is board who empowered Peter Lawell to short change The Snake on transfers and make signings without either his knowledge, his blessing, or his advice.

Most importantly... this is a board who do what the * they're told.

The Moustachioed humanoid/ egg hybrid publically CELEBRATED the disclosure that both Lawell, and that * vampire Bankier and heavily involved is this new appointment. In other words... DD will pick the new manager, and they will sign off on it.

DD wants Keane. Another nepotistic choice from a chrome headed half wit who thinks Celtic Football Club is HIS, not OURS.

His utter avalanche of bullshit he called an "interview" was merely him getting his ducks in a row. Laying down the law. Fan ownership can * off. I'll pick who I want, PL and Count Bankier will sign off, and there's * all anybody can do about it.

We're *.

2. CroBhoy85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brooney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We have the biggest turnover in years and with Keane in sight this seems as another Mowbray Kind Manager Choosing.

I can't see him bring us forward in any aspect.

He will destroy more than bring us forward, I can see players NOT coming in because of him.

It's an important time in front of us and the possibility to see Keane as our next Manager makes me sick

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 8 Pro koristeći Tapatalk

3. TransferBhoy

No they would call a Board meeting and pass approval.

Going by your logic they would be waiting till December for a manager so they could approve at next AGM. Factually incorrect.

4. joemc

The thing with brown chosing to call time for me seems to suggest that we know the next manager choice and are now just doing interviews out of courtesy, maybe the new guy is happier working with younger players and he has been told there will definitely be no playing time .
    I feel broon wants to play on for a couple more years and feels fit enough to , it may be also that he will have a better chance at cutting his teeth in management at Aberdeen, it just seems so definite after all those years for there not to be moves already made behind the scenes.

5. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    But thats just a rubber stamp. Liewell will have a delegated authority to make these calls. Thats routine for PLCs

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's never Keane..

7. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I call your Lambert and Strachan and raise you Owen Coyle. All in

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Pretty ovb to me Desmond is a manure fan who bought into us because he couldn’t afford United and he couldnt even buy us out properly every move he makes it’s like he’s got a hardon to for United ..... tried to make fergie manager in 97 made sure Keane came to Celtic tried to give him job in 2014 and is trying again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol the whole point of the agm means they have board approval until the next agm

10. SteveyNico67

If they give it to Keane
    I give up

Peej, DonnyCelt and david100825 like this.
  11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think Keanes approached us about wanting the job. I think he leaked the story to the Sun

I just hope the board dont consider him

12. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Keane should be nowhere near our club the only reason is Desmond and what he wants he will get .
    If you take away his name for a minute and look at what he has done as a manager/coach there is no one on here that can say this is the man to take over our club . I hope some people on the board have enough balls to tell DD to get to * but unfortunately all our board members are tossers

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. Celtic Bhoy 94

I echo everyone else's response here. If it's Keane I'll be down & deflated because imo he'd be worse than lennon but that doesn't mean I'll ever stop supporting my team, If Keane does get the job no matter how bad I think he will be not a bad word about him will leave my lips unless he starts losing games. Its been a weird year and this would make it even weirder but if Keane can somehow get us winning then * it I'm all for it

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    If Keane wasn’t Irish he wouldn’t even be linked with the managerial job. That’s the sad reality of it.

Wish we could’ve signed some of the good Irish players at their peak - Given, Keane(s), Dunne, Duff, Harte etc - but I’ve got no desire to go down the route of bringing people in on multi-million pound contracts simply because they have a very tenuous connection to the club.

15. Sgt Neppers*

Surely the backlash against Desmond and the board is a step and risk too far for this board to take. It doesn't make any sense to go against us in this way especially with the full impact of Brexit and Covid to fully hit. They'll need our season ticket cash, new kit sales to help. They can't just rely on the sales of players in a deflated market.

The fear I have in Keane being appointed us massive. Nowhere near being the best man for the job. All to serve the interest and ego of 1 man only. This needs sorted ASAP. The board have had long enough to sort this. The CL clock is quickly sounding down and we've lost out skipper. Situation can't be allowed to deteriorate any further.

david100825 and jj81 like this.
  16. JamesM09

If it’s Keane we should be protesting, simple as that. It would be a lazy and nepotistic choice by the dictator. If you’re tolerating that you’re part of the problem.

Stop acting like Dermot Desmond making decisions is like the weather and you just need to put up with it.

If he picks Keane then protest to the point the * are embarrassed and chase them out. Surely we’re fed up of this * now?

SteveyNico67, Tommy25 and Peej like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

Anyone who accepts this and does the "aww just back the manager. He will steady the ship. He will sort out the weak" or any of that needs to wake the * up.

Keane gets appointed is literally one of the 3 worse things we could do.
    First being rehiring Lennon, secondly going without a manager at all - actually may be a shout.

Keane should not be tolerated or accepted as a Celtic manager.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

JamesM09, Tommy25, StanP19 and 2 others like this.
  18. celtic warrior

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Absolutely no offence, because I get what you mean, but that last part is exactly what they would be hoping the majority of us do.
    "* it, back him till it goes Pete tong"
    And then they will hope that he pulls something out his *.

Just like with Lennon through November, December, January, they were waiting to see if he would turn it around enough to keep the fans at bay and save them doing anything that warranted spending money to sort this mess.

I'll always support Celtic, we all will, but support comes in a variety of ways and if it's Keane that gets appointed we shouldn't be sitting back and waiting for the * up. Protest outside the stadium, refuse to take season tickets and don't attend games.
    Short term hurt to the club, sure, but long term fixes are needed.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Tommy25 and AdamRS like this.
  20. dmccourt95

I believe that for Celtic to fully maximise its potential desmond cannot be the main decision maker at the club, if he chooses to hire Keane which would totally undermine the entire ‘restructure’ I’ll choose to withhold ST money until he’s gone or the fans have more power

Tommy25 and Leone Naka Fan like this.