1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TransferBhoy

People seem to forget we’ve had Mourinho and Benitez etc at 1/10 before. It means absolutely nothing.

2. CountyDownFaithful

Completely agree.

Shows nothing has changed. Still narrowing the scope of the search to Celtic minded men only.

It also stinks of the easiest appointment. After being out of management for 10 years, you could only dream of being offered the Celtic job. Even if you were a top class manager in your day but Keane wasn’t.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. TheHappyLoss

Double drama more likely but fair * to the guy we all talk pish.

4. scootz

I’d happily have Keane steering the ship... we desperately need a bit of mettle - oh, and the press conferences would be brilliant! Zero kowtowing!

There is a caveat though - I would want a progressive assistant / coaches.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Can I ask again, who has been interviewed along with Keane

6. bhoy81

Thing is the story has been backed by the whole Ireland team at the time. He done it in front of the whole team.

7. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fellas, Keane aint getting the job, odds mean * all we had Eddie Howe betting suspended ffs, Transferbhoy is winding you'se all up so please stop taking the bait, relax it'll not be Keane.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

I’d happily have him doing our press conferences and our talking for us, but as a manager I think we can and should do way better.

9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not sure it has. There are members of that squad who've gone on record saying they don't blame Keane for Saipan and understand his subsequent decision & actions. Duff being one of them.

McAteer is an absolute *. You google his name and it's him giving interviews about clashing with Keane. He just loves seeing his name in the papers. Guy ended up going to blows at a charity match in Dublin a few years back.

10. TransferBhoy

Winding them up? I’m trying to tell them it ain’t gonna be Keane

11. JamesM09

Exactly. Same thing just happened with Lennon. He was given a job far above anything he was due because he’s a ‘Celtic man’.

No more Celtic men. Celtic men belong in the stands.

CountyDownFaithful and bhoy81 like this.
  12. bhoy81

Im not saying he isn’t a *, but the fact of the matter is Keane walked out on his country and has been a * so many times.

What Keane done in that team meeting in front of the whole team happened.

First sign of trouble the * will do the same here.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Can't imagine he would he a cheap option? Surely maresca would be looking for less.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. scootz

One of the biggest gripes amongst our fans in recent years had been that our club is being ridden roughshod over by match officials without challenge - a Keane appointment almost certainly addresses that!

One of the next biggest gripes is of our players being fancy-dans and spitting the dummy - a Keane appointment almost certainly addressed that.

Another complaint has been our apparent lack of fitness / professionalism - a Keane appointment almost certainly addresses that.

So that leaves ‘game management’ - perhaps this is where many feel that Keane is a bit of a dinosaur. Well, the manager doesn’t HAVE to be the tactical-brains of the organisation - it’s perfectly acceptable to have an assistant / coaching team driving that side of things.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but look what the Huns managed with ordinary players and a bit of organisation!

I think we would absolutely dominate the SPFL with Keane.

Chieftain likes this.
  15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I'm just saying he makes a living off old Keane stories. Portraying himself as his arch enemy, when in reality I'm not sure Keane gave him a second thought. Anything he says should be taken at face value

It's also not true to say it was the first sign of trouble. I'd recommend 'Champagne Football' to understand just what the FAI was and is.

*Once again I'd like to include a disclaimer I'm not pro-Keane*

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Put your money where your mouth is then.

Who are you saying it will be? :56:

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    So Keane coming out and saying the refs are cheats is going to stop it? Nah the SFA will just punish him and the refs will come down on our players.
    Him bollocking players is more likely to throw the players into a huff.
    Why would Keane get fitness up? Is he an expert in that field?

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

19. scootz

Keane would have every questionable decision put out in the open. At least then we’ve started a dialogue - whether the authorities respond or not, it’s raised. That’s something we’ve not been doing. The authorities have been unchallenged by us for too long and it’s been * us off. Why would you throw a negative into that!? Are you suggesting we should just remain meek and hope they’re nice to us? Not for me!

Players going in the huff because the Manager is a disciplinarian? Tough! I’m fed up with the tail(s) wagging the dog! We are Celtic - I want players with a winning psyche playing for us. A core of hard competent *!

Keane was always as fit as a butchers dog, and has called folks out throughout his career when he thought they weren’t giving 100% - whether on the field of play, training pitch, gym, or lifestyle.

Yes, he could be a disaster - any new appointment could be... but IF we got it right with back-room and playing appointments, then I think he could turn us into a very well-drilled machine.

20. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Sorry mate but that’s total nonsense. If we appoint Keane it’s another depressing insight to the buddy buddy mentality that’s been going on for years now at the club. What about his managerial record qualifies him for managing us in a rebuild? His best accolade to date is getting Sunderland promoted ... ten plus years ago.

This is the most important period for the club in years, and as fans we should be expecting the likes of Marsch, Benitez, Ranieri etc. Not another stupid gamble because he’s Irish and gives people pellets on MNF.

Do me a favour

Doogs. likes this.