1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaze Urhoghide

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 1, 2021.

Discuss Osaze Urhoghide in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I get what your saying but you look at it we have a good young back up right back in Ralston and a quality starter in Juranovic as a starter whos only 26 so he is not getting a look in and that leaves is in good shape at right back. Plus he was signed before Ange arrived and it does seem pretty clear Ange is bringing in guys he wants and the only guys staying that were here already are guys he sees in his plans and Urhoghide clearly was not in his plans so best really for everyone I think if this works out and turns into a long term deal for him and a small transfer fee and profit for us.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think his future with us was at CB, which is why this is disappointing, plus the fact he was versatile adds to it.

Not gonna cry if he does leave permanently, just a little disappointed.

3. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'd rather not give them the chance to sign and immediately sell again like they did with Hendry, it had better be a significant cost if that is the case. Option to buy should not be used after he's only been here 6 months

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If the purchase option is good money then obviously it was only agreed with the approval of Ange so I'm happy either way.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

5. saltire78

Think it's more likely that club rejected deals to develop him, then player felt underappreciated and requested the move.

"This club has a philosophy to give young players opportunities and make them better and that sounds like music to my ears" is quite telling

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I can see that too. Although I think Ange has had plenty of time to assess him and clearly he does not see him in his plans either way. At right back certainly we are in a good spot at center back its more uncertain due to not knowing if CCV will stay on a long term deal and will Jullien make it back fully. But clearly Ange does not see him as part of what he is building at Celtic going forward and based on what he has done so far with players in and out I trust Ange on this.

7. saltire78

Good 7-figure purchase with maybe 15% sell on [totally presumptive] would be good business for a free transfer, who looks unlikely to make appearances for a while yet... I don't like it personally, but it's definitely good business

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Good luck to him, hopefully he does well.

10. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Best of luck to him.

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Really surprised there's an option to buy. Thought he did really well against Betis.

12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It's making me think his attitude is stinking or mayybe he's been very unhappy at not playing much. He might have thought he'd be strolling it in Scotland. Liked what I saw of him too.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He did okay against Betis but he looks miles away from our level. Albeit we've not had a whole lot to go off of.

14. Heb Celt

Think his refusal to go to Dundee on loan has a lot to do with it.Ange has no time for players with attitude problems.The boy just had to look at how these loan deals enhanced Ajer,Christie’s and Ralstons careers.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Tbf, you can see why he didn't want to go to Dundee a club full of bams.. Also Ralston didn't really impress at St. Johnstone.. Makes his form this season all the more surprising..

Surprised there is a buy option, but trust Ange's judgement he knows exactly what he wants.

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Either that or he wasn't signed by Ange and he either doesn't rate him or knows he'll never get a look in when we have Ralston and Juranovic.

Artorias and eire4 like this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He was indeed signed prior to Ange's arrival.

Hammy89 likes this.
  18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We didnt have a manager, so who was signing him and what was the intention?

Heres hoping theres not another £6m Belgian lesson.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I do not know who inside Celtic specifically gave the nod to make the signing but he was clearly already in the works prior to Ange's arrival. Ange has had plenty of time to look at him up close over the past 7 months and feels he is not part of his plans going forward judging by todays move.
    As for intention I would assume it was felt he was a promising young player who Celtic hoped could develop and make it at Celtic thus likely making us a tidy sum. Obviously that has not happened but given we got him on a free he will maybe make a small profit for us if they do take up the option to buy.

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Personally I think the option to buy is quite a clever move on our part. I'm assuming it will be for a reasonable fee from our perspective, it'll definitely be a significant profit considering what we got him for just 7 months ago, and, more importantly, it means the team that gets the player on loan is much more likely to give him game time rather than just have him as back up. So we either get decent money for him which can go towards a left back in the summer, or we get a player back with a good amount of game time under their belts at a decent level.

I don't really see a downside.

Hammy89 and eire4 like this.