1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Goal

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Luis1967, Dec 9, 2017.

Discuss Open Goal in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Si makes fun of Kevin Kyle's weight "they needed a tent for your jersey mate" or some similar fat joke... everyone laughs

Slaney explains a tactical opinion he has , when someone disagrees he agrees with them immediately, refuting his original opinion. Everyone laughs

Si makes fun of Slaney's acne

Slaney looks bored and stares into space/looks at the camera while Kevin Kyle is talking

Si makes a joke about Jim Jefferies being locked up in Kevin Kyle's bedroom for * ... everyone laughs. Repeat joke X 100

Si slags off someone's appearance, whether they be bald, fat, have a funny accent. Repeat as nauseam...

I think they are aiming for the lad culture that was prevalent in mid 90's Britain and while some of their jokes initially were funny, they aren't funny when they are repeated all the time, they are just cringey by now.

Free the Adblock and Maestro 08 like this.
  2. Maestro 08

So true mate. I made the point a while back but Ferry is your classic insecure bully. Everything since has only confirmed that. He constantly hammers Kevin Kyle about his weight, it was uncomfortable at times & clearly affected him to the point he's been on a constant diet throughout the show. Slaney is terrified to have an opinion and for a guy that has crippling anxiety, Ferry thinks it's cool to call him out for his appearance in public. Sooner people wise up to Ferry being a nasty wee * the better.

Chieftain likes this.
  3. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yep, he likes having va certain element of control over Slaney...any time he may get above his station, he insults him to break him again

The ribbing about Kyle's weight...he genuinely isn't fat, he's just a big lad...but the insults are incessant which must make Kyle believe he has a weight problem

I agree , I think he is an insecure bully too. He sucks up to some guests and compliments them on being "beautiful, handsome"...all things bullies do to ingratiate themselves. Then he insults people he believes are below him on the chain to keep them down, eg: Slaney, Kyle.

Surprised the sponsors don't pick up on it actually. Especially the gay innuendo jokes, they're just so immature. Primary school stuff.

Breathnach67 and Maestro 08 like this.
  4. Maestro 08

And at the risk of repeating myself...Ferry trains a portion of our youth team. A guy that promotes slaggings and abuse ......that promotes looks over ability, celebrates being a * over being a good professional & he TRAINS OUR YOUTH PLAYERS!!! C'mon to * Celtic.

Chieftain likes this.
  5. Maestro 08

Without doubt Ferry is a bully. It's not even up for debate. He mentally abuses his colleagues on every show. The most holy of Celtic fans on this forum that can't see past this show just turn a blind eye bcos it suits them. It's just banter blah, blah, blah.. Nah the guy is a wee * and that's the end of it.

Chieftain likes this.
  6. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah, worrying. On a human level, the parents of the youth players should keep an eye on things.

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Stephen O’Donnell one was ok nothing special. Lacked any real stories but sounds as if he just takes his job very seriously so that’ll be why. Decent enough career and fair play to him making the Scotland squad,

8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s not there anymore you’ll be glad to hear...

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Calm the * doon with the bullying accusations ffs :56:

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    The Arthur Numan one is the prime example of that for me. Seems a top guy and has great stories (what with being a Dutch International in a team with Kluivert, Davids and the like) that go beyond the “lads lads lads” * you get from some others that have been on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Broke my heart when they signed Numan and Klos btw, Young Dev * loved them :56:

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. Maestro 08

Ferry is without doubt a wee bully boy *. Watched the last show and it's as prevalent as ever. You might like the show mate but turning a blind eye to Ferry being a wee * ain't gonna make him not one. This week it's the colour of their teeth, Slaneys similar looks to some ugly * manager they look up on their phone to make him feel like * and that Ferry has clearly being winding him up about outside the show, Kyle being a 'big lad', Halliday being baldy etc etc.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  13. Maestro 08

I like you Paul but have u seen this fat * ugly * you look like? No honestly mate you look like a fat * ugly *...wait to we get on telly and I tell everybody what a fat * ugly * you look like. Hahahahahahhaahahahahahaha. And look at yer teeth mate, security guards with their high vis jaickets oan an that. Hahahaha mental stuff ya fat *! Here's 200 quid for turning up, yer a good, fat, balding, *, cheers. Just banter but....now tell us a story about how u got smashed on a holiday and acted like an utter *, then tell us about how snowflake the youth players are.

I've got two boys and I tell them to shut it and pass forward and I coach Celtic youth and I call them all sorts to toughen them up mate, good fur them. Awrite mate!? P.s Scott McTominay is utter pish, I was better than him mind but now he's no pish anymore, I just talk pish and don't have a * clue about nowt. But I know ur fat and I'm not so my insecurities tell me I'm better than ye and I'll slag ye fur it to make me feel better about being a wee short * waster.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Chieftain likes this.
  14. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Do you ever wonder what the guests feel like after getting interviewed by Ferry and then they slag him off in the shows after? For example, he was nice as pie to Jim Jefferies when he interviewed him. But now he gets slagged every week for being locked up in Kev's bedroom (for various weird sexual games/reasons). Imagine Jefferies sitting down to watch an episode one day and finding out they just take the * out of him. You'd be a bit miffed to say the least. Cringeworthy. Not nice, and not funny at all

Breathnach67 likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

Jeffries mate? Who's that....don't u mean JET!? Big JET * Kev Kyle whilst his wife 'the keeper' watches it, catchin baws hahhaahahahhaahahha.

Honestly tho Ferry talks so much pish from one show to the next I doubt he has any awareness of what he's saying. He's just a total dafty. One minute praising someone for being a model pro, the next shaming someone for being a model pro. It's no secret I can't stand the guy, he's absolutely toxic as far as I'm concerned. It troubles me somewhat that this wee * is currently the peak of the Scottish football output to the world. Definitely a gap in the market for some insightful and constructive debate on our game.

Breathnach67 and Chieftain like this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I see your point regarding the bullying, kinda, Ferry is a snide * at times. It's always, always him dishing it out, never other way about.
    I do think most of it is * attempts at banter though, the jet stuff is minging, as is mike dean, gallagher's *, and all the other repetitive * they say every week.
    I fast forward through most of the shows now, it's the same * constantly. Stephen O'donnell being asked about 5 times 'so what pranks was there wae Charlie boy ? Must be good stories n that' .

Chieftain likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s mild as *, think my friend group would make ye cry man :56:

Best friends are those who will rip the utter * out of each other

Bayern Bru likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He takes absolute pelters for his * taste in clothes and his awful haircuts constantly.

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I was sort of put off them after that live show at the tennents brewery they did. Firstly, Slaney was at the height of his nonsense, making very lewd remarks to girls in the audience etc and joining in with Ferry’s constant jibes at Kev Kyle about his weight but I understand Slaney is a bit of a sad case and has issues and is only being egged on by Ferry like he’s some sort of dancing bear .

Then there’s ferry, couldn’t go 2 minutes without * interrupting someone’s say to make some stupid toxic remark.

Time was that I would’ve thought that stuff was funny, but I’m 23 now and realise a lot of it is very toxic as has already been said in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maestro 08 and Chieftain like this.