1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Goal

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Luis1967, Dec 9, 2017.

Discuss Open Goal in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

On this note. Ferry is a toxic wee *. Every bit of 'patter' that leaves his mouth is doing someone down. Never come across someone so obsessed by looks and making people feel like *. They guy is a wee bully and obviously has some massive insecurities himself to be treating people the way he does.

For what it's worth when they are talking seriously about football etc it's obvious Paul Slane is the most clued up but too often he obviously feels the pressure to play up to the clown persona that's been created around him.

Chieftain and Breathnach67 like this.
  2. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Agree with that 100%.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There’s a fine line between close mates slagging each other and bullying. I don’t think he’d be doing it if he didn’t think they were alright with it. It’s the least enjoyable thing about the entire show. The weekly show is pretty poor, the interviews are really all that’s good about it now.

5. Maestro 08

True but he doesn't stop at his mates, almost everyone he talks about he's got something to say about their looks. He's an ugly * etc. I'm pretty sure he's involved with one of our youth teams. The way he treats people alone makes me not want him anywhere near us and that's before we get on to his views on playing. Right out the old school Lennon way of thinking.

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What we see is just an extension of the workings of a football changing room. It's exactly how it is and how it would have been when these guys were playing. Constantly on the wind up and digging each other out.

Its very "lads lads lads". Its not for everyone and a thick skin is needed to survive. I get it seems like bullying but he gets it back, Halliday roasts him for his thin lips and he has had pelters in the past for his hairstyles.

Ferry isn't exactly an Abercromie & Fitch model, no. Its a persona that plenty guys have, horrendous fashion sense for example, but will think they are always wearing the best clobber. Some of it tongue and cheek, and some of it genuine narcissism like Ricciardo in F1.

Agree that Slane actually has a decent head on him re football and it is a shame he is always acting the goat, and egged on in that sense. I think we might see a change, or I hope we do, like that Tubes guy from Soccer AM who has reinvented himself lately. Slane would do well to wane the silly boy act, but I think that itself is his coping mechanism. Often he is on the way to making a good point and if he can't articulate he will turn it into a joke. Bit of a shame really

MacEwan and Breathnach67 like this.
  7. Maestro 08

I get that but he crosses the line far too often for me, he's clearly making folk uncomfortable at times. Constantly digging Slane out for his skin and Kyle for being overweight, it goes past banter when they clearly aren't enjoying it. He's too much of a * to notice or does and keeps at it anyway for his own amusement that to me is the definition of a bully. He says things about people he's never met either so it's not just his 'pals' and until Halliday came on no one was giving it back to him. He's never been likeable tbh and not someone I would want around our youth players.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Spot on.

When Slaney starts with a good point it’s like he gets awkward about what Si is going to say and bottles it. That’s definitely caused by Si’s past reactions. It’s textbook anxiety and something I sometimes worry about around certain people.

Halliday and Kyle both slag Si though. It’s very much a culture and something I don’t have an issue with as long as people are aware when it’s too much.

9. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Used to think Kyle was good but he’s a big fan of the “punters can’t criticise you cus they’ve never played the game properly” school of thought. Aye, who paid your wages you fool.

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Ferry wasn’t slagged but anyone until Halliday came on. He was riding roughshod on Kev and Slane before that, and Slane definitely dished it out to Kev a lot in the past.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He has been slagged.

Like I said it’s a culture in football.

12. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Get out of here. Put the fishing rod away man :rofl:

13. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    When did I say he hadn’t?

And yes, I am aware of the hyper masculine “lads” culture that has existed in association football since time immemorial.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

In your comment I replied to hahaha.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I only ever enjoyed the interviews. Tried the other videos but they weren’t funny, insightful or entertaining. Stopped watching the interviews early on in lockdown because the sound quality was abysmal, doing it via video conferencing.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

The Lewis Morgan one was genuinely hard to watch the quality was terrible and he is a terrible interview the last one with Bartley was good he had some decent stories

17. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I said he hadn’t been slagged by anyone until Halliday came on. I remember distinctly in one of the podcasts how Halliday pulled him up for the incessant verbal jibes to Slane and Kyle.

18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Lewis Morgan one was * awful, he just seemed so bashful and awkward. The first McGeady one was pretty good. Arthur Numan’s was decent as well.....then you had Gaz O’Connor overtly stating he was being doped at CSKA. Lol

James likes this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Thats not true though.

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I still watch it but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be. Some of the patter is unbearable, the 'jet' stuff and mike dean, seriously cringe.
    Kev Kyle just waffles pish for what seems an eternity whenever he's asked anything, like he tries too hard to come across deep and thoughtful. Halliday and Ferry are clearly a cut above the other 2 when it comes to actually talking about the game.
    Slane is brutal too, false as *, but you can cut him some slack I guess, he's clearly got issues.

Fontaine likes this.