1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

On this day - a look back at the history of Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Apr 10, 2020.

Discuss On this day - a look back at the history of Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Had some career with us, he definitely had lost a bit tbh I had many an argument on here he wasn’t finished. But I will remember him fondly and as an integral part of our march to the 10. I’ll also add he had some assist record aswell which people overlook.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Me too mate, love the guy even though he was declining as a player. Yer man will be back for the 10 in a row party, that's for sure.

3. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    On this day in 1888 the first ever game was played at Old Celtic Park when Hibernian played Cowlairs in a 0-0 draw in front of a crowd of about 5,000. Celtic will play their first game at the park in a few weeks' time.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

....with hauf the team that played for Hibernian that day :84:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    An absolute great player for us that in his last season or so should have been the wise old back up instead of a 50/60 game a season player, sadly a lot of people will remember him as the declining Lustig. The fact that his last couple of big acts in a Celtic jersey was a diving header for 8 in a row and setting up the goal that would win us our third treble in a row, one of our greatest ever achievements. That balances * out a bit.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We should’ve absolutely pumped them that day Sutton chipped Klos, but what a way to whitewash the *.

8. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Caused a bit of a stooshy at the time, I believe.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Any win against them is a good day.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Done their nut in that much the * helped lobby to get the Tricolour removed from Parkhead. :84:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Good.

They're a bunch of Uncle Tom's, tried to distance themselves from their Irish roots until very recently.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Between that, their accents and those green Union jack monstrosities they wave about :99:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m pretty sure their causals had an EDL and SDL links aswell, I think I recall reading it in one of those football factory type books. That said they do drink with the so called Soccer Crew when through here, so * knows?

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. DonnyCelt

My daughters 8th birthday today on the anniversary of stopping their attempt at 10IAR

My missus slightly has the edge though as her birthday is on 25th May
    :party22::party::ynwacelti

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    On this day in 1936 Celtic beat Rangers 4-2 in the Glasgow Charity Cup final with a hat-trick from Jimmy Delaney and one goal from Jimmy McGrory

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Only one goal from McGrory, poor show, needs sacked.

tarboltontim likes this.
  19. Markybhoy

Today should have been Scottish Cup Final day. I'm pretty confident we'd have been there. Always one of my favourite days of the year that. Would be watching the match right now. * you, Coronavirus. :(

Gyp Rosetti and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    22 years ago tonight I got * as a young guy for the first time. I had a euphoric feeling like nothing else before.

went to MacConnells before the game for the bus, on way to match seen chic charnley walking towards the ground along the gallowgate people giving him dogs abuse for that goal (all in good jest nothing serious) got into the ground. Turnstile 6 section 101 row R seat 5 the place to be. Guy next to me was a londoner “big Murray” size of a * house he lost his book on way to match he only came up few games a season. Finally he gets in as the st Johnstone goalie kicks it upfield back to Celtic passed to Larsson and BOOM! Big Murray nearly * crushed me!

then full 2nd half great uncle next to me his 68th birthday brought the full family up to support Celtic his leg trembling (he had serious heart issues too) then bang ball up the line Jackie onto it across to brattbakk and the relief was unreal delirium doesn’t subscribe it, relief, euphoria * knows what it was but we done it grown men on their knees crying, until that day it was celtic my team on that day I realised what it was to be a Celtic supporter what it meant to everyone and that hasn’t left me on this day what would have been my great uncles 90th birthday he died doing what he loved the most watching celtic (vs Boavista in 2003)!!!

On that day a wee curly haired Dutchman who resembled a guy out Eastenders done what he had to do! He rode off into the sunset and will never be forgotten you seen what it meant to everyone as we went through the garngad on the bus on the way back could barely move. Got back to pub thought right am going up road got bundle in like the rest of the young ones who where about 14-16 but that day age didn’t matter, got *, we all got * no matter the age! It was unreal unlike anything. People partied for days some for a week or more!

22 years on it was still the biggest day in most of our Celtic lives. 23 years on I hope we are all here to see us do our own 10 we haven’t bought any titles nor have we been gifted any titles WE HAVE WON TITLES!

For me wee Wim, you should be the man to present us with the tenth title as much as we owe a lot to the bunnet the little know Dutchman who now resembles Father Jack place in our history should never be forgotten!

Hail Hail & Godbless!