1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Signs the rot is being cut out imo. Just don't have anyone to replace them :56:

Busy month ahead.

2. Sydneysider

Possibly his agent has been quietly negotiating with a French / Belgian club for a new contract with a nice signing-on fee as long as he is on a free from Celtic ?

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Released Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham be set for a move to Poland, with Legia Warsaw reportedly keen to sign him.

The French midfielder was released by mutual consent earlier this summer, having failed to convince Marseille to buy him after a loan spell in France.

Ntcham was linked with AEK Athens but has been unable to come to terms on a contract with the Greek outfit.

Now Interia Sport states that Polish champions Legia Warsaw could be the ones to snap up the former Manchester City man.

The website states that Celtic discussed their former player during the negotiations to bring Josip Juranovic to Scotland.

The 25-year-old has also been linked with Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers as he seeks to find a new club, but Legia are in pole position.

Ntcham joined the Parkhead club in the summer of 2017 and impressed in his first campaign.

That led to a £13million bid from Porto, which was turned down by Celtic.

The midfielder quickly became unsettled, giving an interview to L'Équipe the following summer in which he stated his desire to leave.

After falling out of favour under Neil Lennon he joined Marseille on loan in January, with an option to make the move permanent in the summer.

Things turned sour immediately though, with manager Andre Villas-Boas resigning in protest after Ntcham arrived without his approval.

In addition an interview surfaced in which the player had declared his love for OM's arch-rivals Paris Saint-Germain, infuriating fans

Ntcham was hooked at half-time in a shock Coupe de France defeat to Canet Roussillon, one of just six appearances for the French giants.

Three of those matches saw the creative midfielder taken off at the break, with the other half of his Marseille games coming from the bench.

Ntcham has not played competitively since coming on in the 89th minute of a 3-3 draw with Montpellier in April.

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I hope Eddy has seen this article as it will show him what can happen if you down tools for the club you play for or think you are too good for them. Other clubs will notice this and will not give you the move you so desperately want and will not like a player who can down tools if he doesn't get his own way. At least big Ajer gave his all to the end

Hammy89 and greengrocer like this.
  5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    If he didn’t like it here he isn’t gonna like it there

6. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We really * up by not accepting that big bid from Porto a couple years back, he'd fit right in with hoe much of a bunch or arseholes they are

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

"Legia are in pole position"

Pure patter

8. JamesM09

His career has went completely down the pan, and he can only blame himself for that.

At the same time, greed has cost us £13m and I hope we learn the lesson from it.

9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wonder if the daft * realises how much he has * his own career?
    Or is he just gonna be one of those players that turns out not to even like the sport and is just lazying his * through a short career to earn enough not to do any real work in life?

How do you go from a man city project, signing for Celtic for multi million pounds under a world renown coach, linked with high end clubs, having bids frrok Porto, loaned to Marseilles, to end up not being able to agree a contract with Athens and next stop is legia Warsaw?
    Absolutely no offence to these two clubs who I reckon are decent clubs, but they are a step down on everything else he has done, been near or had the chance of.

Mental that some players will see their career become * all, when it was all there at his feet.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Breathnach67 and Smithy like this.
  11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think he's always had an attitude problem. He fell out with the Genoa manager when he was on loan before he signed for us.

12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Phahaha! This * still clubless..

honda likes this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbh I think he'll either turn out blaming everyone else or he just won't care.

Peej likes this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was it greed or lack of forward planning?

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Folk would have went nuts if we sold Ntcham and Dembele in the same window. Ntcham had a decent 1st season and had started that one well too

16. JamesM09

I forget the precise timeline but I believe around the time of the offer (perhaps not long after) a meeting agenda was leaked which indicated we were actively trying to sell Ntcham.

It seems to me he was the type of signing we planned to keep for 2 or so years and sell for profit. I suspect greed was the main blocker here. I don’t think we rejected any offer for Ntcham due to any other reason.

Putting my tin hat on and heavily speculating, I believe Lennon was very subtly told to keep playing Ntcham as much as possible to try and get his value back up when it started to go down, although of course I have no hard evidence for this.

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Currently in Glesga

BRING HIM HOME

18. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    If he ends up in Poland I will * myself laughing

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Kipping on Edouards couch?

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Swansea City have opened signing talks with freed Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham.

French ace Ntcham, 24, has been without a club since ripping up his Parkhead contract at the start of August.

A one-time £14million target for Porto, Ntcham could now continue his career in the English Championship playing under ex-Rangers defender Russell Martin.