1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RockhardBoss

He's never consistently played to a standard that makes him undroppable.
    I like him, think there's a player there and he's scored some big goals (Lazio and Rangers off the top of my head)but I don't think over his time he has contributed and offered as much as Christie.
    I would like to see him play with Cal and Christie as Brown is eased out though.

2. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Had a wee look at his stats. Prior to the ending of last season. Domestically, he had a run of 7 games (playing more than 60mins) scored 2 goals. Prior to the Huns game at the end of last year, he played 5 on the trot, scoring 1 (playing more than 60mins).

This season he played 20mins against Hamilton and 10min against Killie as a sub. Then 75mins against Dundee United.

His Celtic career 128 appearances, 23 goals and 12 assists.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    where would you rank Brown using that same measure? Ntcham could be a £20m+ player. Brown is only going to get worse.

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont think to see the best of him you need to give him a run of games in a settled position. No use switching him in and out and giving him the 10 role, then the left side of the diamond, then playing deeper etc. Let him get used to a role in a settled squad.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think you will be proven wrong on the latter point when he leaves tbh.

Still maintain that he will be a player who we will look at and think why didnt we play him more, when he leaves.

He has all the qualities required to be a success at a good sized club in any of Europe's top leagues. For me. Could see Lyon making a move when they inevitably lose a proportion of their squad.

NomDePlum, G_portillo and Valhalla like this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The team should be built around having him and McGregor in midfield and dominating the game.

G_portillo likes this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's got talent, but don't think his heart is in it tbh.

8. Popes 11 Guest

Him, McGregor, Turnbull.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  9. WhitleyCelt

Fair enough and could very well be the case. I cant disagree that hes quality but i just dont see him being as good as some of the better EPL midfielders. He would be there by now like Dembele and Tierney for example.

His hearts not in Celtic thats clear to see. A different style of football will suit him to the ground. French or Italian footy where you will get that bit extra space, he will flourish. Physical football isnt for him though. I think thats why Brown starts ahead of him every time.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Never has been since he came in the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prof likes this.
  11. WhitleyCelt

Different type of player mate. Brown wants to fire into people physically where as Ntcham wants to try and dance the ball round people. Browns ok for SPFL but he will get found out in Europe. Utilising McGregor there would be far more effective in Europe IMO

The big word in your reply is could. But he isnt and doesnt look like a 20m player. 5-10 maybe. He will continue to spit the dummy out until he gets his move.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It isn’t. He wants to leave. He’s the player I most expect to be sold tbh.

The Prof likes this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well mate Mcgregor isnt exactly gona be a big tackler in that role. I dont know what you think he can do that Ntcham cant. Ntcham would offer more quality on the ball and a greater range of passing than Brown would.

But he didnt spit the dummy out, did he? He was the better of our midfield vs Ferncvaros. Iv no doubt his agent is trying to peddle the move in the background but i wouldnt say Ntcham has downed tools by any means. The only thing stopping him achieving that kind of fee is consistency, because we all know what he can do.

steg likes this.
  14. WhitleyCelt

I just think McGregor is far more consistant. Not as skillful granted but I think Ntcham cracks under pressure compares to McGregor.

I must have been dreaming when he was quoted saying he has gone as far as he can in Scottish Football and feels he cant progress his career (July 2019) trying to force a Marsielle move through? Is that not spitting his dummy out?

In terms of now. I didnt think he was great on Wednesday personally but then again the whole team werent up for it. He'll move on to a standard EPL or French team and maybe move on from there. Time will tell. But 100% agree with your comments on his skill v consistency.

seanm likes this.
  15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I appreciate Mcgregor as well but he is as guilty as anyone for not turning up so far this season and both him and forrest seem to be the ones who get off the lightest when they dont turn up.

my point was that it hasnt affected his performance on the pitch and I dont think there was any obvious absence of desire or effort. I think he will move to Lyon, Marseille or Rennes if he ends up in france and i think he will prove to be quality when he has better players playing beside him.

16. joemc

Quite the opposite m8 , Forrest especially gets dogs if his high standards slip .

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    im sorry mate but Christie and Taylor get more than their fair share. Iv seen nothing aimed at Mcgregor and a lot less aimed at Forrest.
    Two of our biggest players who havnt been turning up.

Crilly likes this.
  18. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he'd disappear if he went to the EPL. He couldn't cope with the intensity and wants to do everything at his own slow pace and gets caught in possession far too much. Also can't tackle.
    What do you think is the right price for a 4th choice SPL midfielder. He's no better than he was when we bought him so can't expect any more if we sell him - I think that was 4.5m.

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Ntcham heading back to Italy in the coming days.

20. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    Good riddance. Use the money to buy a CB

ladbroke8 likes this.