1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Last two games he has been good,i would rather lose \o/ than him.:fear:

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mental to think a lot of us have been calling for him to play and last night is probably the last time he will ever play for Celtic.

3. WhitleyCelt

If he doesnt want to be here, he shouldnt play. End of story. Tried to force a move last year and failed. Doing the same again. No more chances in my books. Not CL quality either. Standard rate premier league player at best.

Mickmac likes this.
  4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I like Ntcham and will be sorry to see him go. A quality player who should have been utilised more.
    Constantly in and out of the first team when he should have been a regular starter.

5. luboagain

Think he is an absolute quality player but didn't turn it on every time he played for whatever reason. If only he could put in consistent performances he would be a mainstay of the team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Morcombe likes this.
  6. shieldsybhoy

Do you blame him though? If he's a standard rate premier league player at best (assuming you mean English) why wouldn't you go down there, double your wages and actually play, if you could? He is not one of us remember.

7. WhitleyCelt

Not at all. Shame because he is the best player we have in that position when he feels like turning up.

He is good enough for the likes of Southampton, Newcastle or Villa but nothing more IMO.

8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've always been impressed with him. Remember him, Sinclair and Tierney being a bit of a combination when he first came and also his ability to spray a pass.

But he's not been happy and to an extent not been played so probably best that he does go for everyone if there is a club willing to pay what he is worth. Other than speculation that he's not happy and it being 10IAR, which likely means not a lot to him, I don't recall him saying a bad word about Celtic. Really down to the management to handle this sort of situation.

9. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brilliant player, especially in his day (which isn't as regular as I would like it to be). That being said his attitude and application is certainly questionable. He should be looking at broony aging and seeing a regular slot on the horizon opening. Not in browns position but certainly cementing a place in the midfield. Always get the impression off ntcham as if he feels we are a stepping stone. Which is fine if your flying high week in week out. But he is inconsistent, he isn't our best player. As things stand we might be the biggest club he will ever play for. Give it everything when your here

10. Foley1888

He like Ajer comes across as someone who thinks he is far better than he is. Hence the toys out the pram last year wanting a move. He should have been sold after that night he got himself sent off at St Mirren. One of the most unprofessional things I have seen from a Celtic player in a game. Totally didn’t fancy it and chucked it that night getting himself sent off.

11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The other night showed they are 2 of our only quality players. Not surprised they want away instead of continuing to play with our * players, and now the * we’re gonna be playing after being knocked out.

12. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Where was ajers quality against kilmarnock, he was getting bullied up in the corner everytime it was a disgrace.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

13. crazy-horse1977

He is a quality player of that there is no doubt. Had quieter games of course like every player, but thought he excelled in big games. Still wish we had seen the 3 of Moussa, Eddy and him in a team for longer would have been some force. Eddy I feel plays better when Ntcham is in team.

14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We never saw the best of him imo due to the way we have set up. He could well thrive in the EPL at the right team, for that reason we need to be demanding the right fee and move on.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

15. Foley1888

Not a question of talent really it is more about their attitude. The other night was one of the first good games I can remember Ajer having for sometime, where he actually looked fairly solid instead of floundering. Granted the same could be said about Julien at the start of this season.

Ntcham started to look good as the game went on but he seems to only do that when he fancies it, also the one he smashed of the bar was unlucky but should have been buried.

They are both good players and I hope attract a good fee but neither are irreplaceable.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to go. He's stagnating here due to lack of game time and he's probably looking at the situation with France just now, where Pogba is pulled from the squad due to covid, and he still doesn't even get a look in, they pick a 17 year old over him instead.

17. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    mental how the biggest criticism of him is inconsistency when he's only ever had 1 consistent run in the team.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This this and this...

Ntcham might aswell never have been here for the amount of chances hes got in the first team. He never had a chance here. I really cant blame him for wanting to leave. Calmac and Broony and Christie are never getting dropped no matter how bad their form is. Dont even get me started on Forrest.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think he's good but he's never really fit in as I think domestically he's never been the best going forward - Christie, McGregor, Rogic and Armstrong were always better and McGregor has never not been fit and is better in the deeper role. He was never good enough defensively to replace Brown, even now if Brown was injured you'd play Christie and McGregor deeper with Ntcham in front as he has always been lackadaisical and switched off defensively that I don't think you could pair McGregor with him.

He's usually more effective in European games where there is a bit more space and time on the ball and you aren't playing against as packed a defences and we get chances to counter attack and he does break forward well when there is a counter, particularly down the left. He's not really creative or a goal threat against 10 man defences as much as players like Rogic, Armstrong and Christie anyway even probably McGregor who all hit a better shot and are better at getting into the box.

Always thought he'd probably do well at teams like Lazio, Lyon, Porto or whoever but not really for us as we play too many games where our main focus is breaking down defensive teams.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Always think he'd be good on the left of a diamond but think we tried that at Hibs and Motherwell and it didn't really work.