1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    His ability counts for nothing if he dosen't want to be here, Lenny needs to sit down with the guy and find out where his head is at, canny afford to go into the new season with an unhappy player, particularly one that could could be sold for a good few quid.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  2. Pearse67*

We dont need to sell in order to buy, nor do we need to sell in order to extend contracts.

Youre not really making much sense.

3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's low, you know I can't do that :40: Anyway it was an arbitrary amount of £1.5m and I suggested it would be better spent extending Dembele's contract only to give an example of the contrasting potential and use to us of both players.

We don't need to sell in order to buy for sure but we do need to sell those who are either not up to it or not up for it.

4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think we need to wait until he is 18 before we can extend his contract.

But yes, if Ntcham doesn't want to be here sell him now. His value will only diminish even more if he keeps putting in can't be arsed performances, and it will get him off the wage bill. Hopefully we will spend the proceeds on strengthening the team.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh my that's true and probably the main reason, if he keeps playing like that he'll we'll not be able to get rid of him :rofl:

I didn't know that about young players' contracts, thanks. I guess it makes sense as at 18 they are allowed to make their own decisions. Let's give him as many opportunities as possible then to prove himself and help us into Europe meaning he won't want to leave as he'll know he can't get such experience anywhere else. Then when he's 21 and developed into a sure thing we both make a fortune.

6. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't believe people are wanting shot of this guy But want to keep Bitton and lustig!
    :56::43:

Ntcham has bags more potential. He just needs to be managed right, and I think Lennon could be that guy.
    Clearly he had an issue with Brendan after the dembele situation, but we need to give him a chance with Lennon.

7. LyleDavidson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson & Sutton - KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBG
    Totally agree with this although he does at times lack consistency he has a lot higher glass ceiling than others in the squad and in the right system I still think there is a lot more to come from Ntcham

binlardas67, Lilac Wine and Pablo87 like this.
  8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No one has said they want rid of him. It's because he appears to want to go himself and it's affecting his and our performances.

You could be right regarding Lenny who has proven he knows how to motivate players into a team. That would be fantastic.

Right now it seems a tough ask.

Lustig will kick your balls assisting both wings any more of yer pish.

Dunno about Bitton, used to be good but hasn't been awful considering he's been patching up positions this season. I don't think he's as critical a player as our main defenders are. I doubt he's a drain our our financial resources so I'll leave that one up to Lenny.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Has he once said he wants to leave?

Or are people just judging by his recent performances? And the fact he isn't always blood and thunder.

Plenty of players have been up and down the past season or so. I want him to stay but if he us to go we have to push for as much as possible. Or we will regret it IMO.

binlardas67 and Pablo87 like this.
  10. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

When has Ntcham ever come out and said he wants to leave??
    It's all been assumptions because of his poor performances. Again that could be down to the issue with Rodgers.

11. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Beat me to it mate, totally agree!

12. Damnati

Problem with Ntcham is that he doesn't seem to do many interviews so all we have to go on is his attitude and application on the pitch which has been rotten lately. It might just be his style, but that's how it comes across.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye this.

Don't think anyone said Ntcham has openly expressed a desire to leave, he 'appears' to want to leave. Shelby might be right, his lack of enthusiasm isn't exactly unique to us recently but it's his overall body language, for a player with his spirited character it's very unusual.

14. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    I would punt him for as big a fee as possible. hopefully he has a great tournament and gets an EPL club, Marseille and Porto all bidding for him. He is a valuable asset and we should be looking for a sizeable fee that can be used to remodel the squad, like Lenny Did with the Mcgeady Fee last time round. would be looking for a fee over 15 million for him. Due to Age, under 21 French International and length of Contract. with a generous sell on fee too.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    With Lenny going potentially two up top and overlapping full backs. I can see him playing a diamond in midfield.

If that’s the case ntcham will get a lot of game time.

Out of interest would you play Forrest or rogic at the point of that diamond?

Sinclair will move on if that’s the case with the likes of the Ukrainian Bhoy giving us options on the wing to mix it up a bit

Pablo87 likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The only thing to be fair was offering him a new deal when Porto bid as he supposedly wanted away then..

Apart from that it's just his demeanor and big general drop of form..

17. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I’m fairness, back then the squad wasn’t on the back of a treble treble.

We never sold a player for a large fee since Petrov which was few seasons before that.

Today we have the finances to sign the required players and certainly with the loan players gone back plus the players out of contracts both the space within the squad and the finance for the wages for the in coming players.

Yes if the player doesn’t want to be here or won’t fit into the system played then he needs to go. But we shouldn’t be dependant on player sales to fund future signings this season, especially if we qualify for champions league

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Even when he was playing at his best he's always been a quiet guy.
    I think Lennon should be given time with him to draw out that class again before we punt him out the door. Unless we get offers we can't refuse.

Damnati and Lilac Wine like this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If Lenny could get him right then that wouldn't be a bad idea but it's a big if at present..

Bain

Gumny
    Ajer
    Benkovic
    KT

McGregor
    Ntcham
    Christie
    Turnbull

Edouard
    Shved

That isn't a bad optional lineup if we get the other two in..

The67Sound likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No no no, we're not playing any team or formation that doesn't include Forrest.

ladbroke8 likes this.