1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Is the option to buy fee set in stone, and what's it reported to be?

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hope so.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Rumoured to be £9m

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

We won't pay that..

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed. I just don't see us paying that kind of fee for him. I would think this deal was all about having a back up plan for Griffiths and Dembele in case they get injured at the same time again. The only way we would consider that kind of money is if he had the kind of season Dembele or Roberts did last season and that is not going to happen as I doubt he will play all that much if Dembele can stay fit when he returns and likewise with Griffiths.

JC Anton likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ODSONNE Edouard says Brendan Rodgers’ tremendous track-record in nurturing young talent was a key factor behind his transfer deadline-day move from Paris Saint-Germain.

The highly-rated the striker joined Celtic last night from the French outfit - who will also face the Hoops in the UEFA Champions League, on a season-long loan deal - with the club also obtaining an option to buy the player.

A product of PSG’s academy, the 19-year-old enjoyed a prolific record in front of goal at various youth levels for the Ligue 1 club.

And he earned a reputation as one of the hottest prospects on the continent when he was named as the Golden Player at the UEFA European U17 Championship, having found the net eight times to fire France to glory at the tournament.

Speaking to the media today, the new Bhoy said: “I have known of Brendan for a while through his positions in the Premier League with Liverpool and Swansea so I knew of him. As soon as I discovered he was interested in me as a player and then I spoke to him, I had no hesitation whatsoever in signing for the club. So he was influential.

“I spoke to him and he said he really liked my profile as a player. I know that he really likes working with young players to develop them and that was key in me signing for Celtic, and when you look at the team there are a lot of young players in the team, so this is proof that he does this and does it well.”

“First of all, I am really happy to be here at Celtic,” continued the young forward. “I am really excited and I am looking forward to starting. In terms of objectives, my main goal is to win the league with Celtic.

“First and foremost, I am really looking forward to playing in the Champions League, which is a big thing for me. Playing against PSG, my parent club, will be something special for me.

“The atmosphere here is renowned. All the big players who have played here, whether they are young or old, they always talk about playing at Celtic Park and how it’s something special.

“In terms of the history, I know Celtic have won the equivalent of the Champions League in 1967 and have won six league titles in recent years. I am really looking forward to adding to this and being part of a club who can hopefully win the league again this year.”

Edouard – Celtic’s fifth signing of the summer - will join compatriots Olivier Ntcham and Moussa Dembele at the Scottish treble-winners and he believes they will help him settle into his new surroundings.

“I think it’s going to help a great deal,” he said. “As you know Moussa and Olivier are among the best players in France of this generation, so I can only benefit with playing with them.

“I haven’t really had time to them to talk to them before coming but this morning I had a message from Olivier welcoming me to the club.

“On a personal level, I don’t know them that well. Obviously I know them as they are well-known young French players. I know Moussa through PSG as he went through the same route as I did and I know Olivier as he is a typical example of a young French player making it abroad.

“Both are very good examples to all the people in the PSG Academy of young players who are, so far, doing very well in their career so they are seen as examples of young players in France.”

Naturally, Edouard is determined to stake a claim for a regular starting slot in Brendan Rodgers’ side – but he knows that plenty of hard work lies ahead as he adjusts to life in Paradise.

“A football player is a competitor so my objective is to play every game but I know I have to learn and develop first and I will have to work very hard," he said. "But obviously as a competitor, I want to play and this is the driving force.”

"I have just arrived and for me the most important thing for me is to start training as soon as possible and then we will see what happens.”

Jeannie960 and JC Anton like this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thing is, this is clearly with one eye on Dembele being punted next summer IMO.

If we get big money for him and this guy impresses we might come to some sort of arrangement with PSG.

JC Anton likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

“In Odsonne, we have signed one of the best and most exciting young strikers in Europe and I think Celtic will be a place where he can flourish, just like Moussa has done here. He will be great for us and the kind of player who will excite our fans - we have done a great job in bringing him to the club.

10. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Aye he can come off the bench to give griff or moussa a rest

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

packybhoy likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  14. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    More cool French assassins Brendan, more!

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I love his word choice.

16. GMS

Hope he scores a good amount.

If (lol) we bid £9 million after he scores 50 goals up here this season there is no stopping anyone else bidding the same, but no doubt someone would bid more than that if Moussa was going to be sold for £20+million.

Basically if he has a £9 million worth season there is basically no guarantee we can sign him. Stupid fee. More than we would pay and too much that if he is worth it - someone else will bid the same or more.

We should only be agreeing buy fees of that we can afford.

Say he has a decent season in the SPL(10 goals) and we agree a £2 million fee. Who wants to buy a impact sub from the SPL for £2 million? That would put us in a much better position.

Stupid transfer agreement

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Did e say.. allo Minty. Do you like my french?

18. Maestro 08

No chance. 9 million installments maybe. :giggle1:

'despite our best efforts we were unable to get that one over the line'

19. Damnati

Surely agreeing whatever option to buy that we can is better than having no option at all?

There's people moaning cause there's no option with Roberts and also moaning because we have an option with Edouard. As a support, we're pretty hard to please.

Drakhan likes this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We were gonna pay 8 million for paddy my crystal ball says we are bringing in paddy on perm over next season dembele goes for 30 million we sign a centre half for 5 million and edouard for 8 million and will still be rolling in money

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk