1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

For me Bitton is a player who has been here far too long and made little to no contribution for the past few seasons. He has also had a number of incidents where he has let us down. He’s not good enough at CB or midfield, even games where he looks to be strolling it he has that moment of madness in him. Last night his passing was awful before he was sent off which is meant to be the strength of him back there.

He will be on a decent wage which could be better used elsewhere and given he is an Israeli international, we could probably get about £1m from one of the Israeli teams to take him.

Shaw could cover any games in midfield and if Starfelt comes in and one other, Julien gets fit, then Welsh, Murray and Hjelde should be more than able to cover that we don’t need him.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Sydneysider likes this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Guy should've been punted long ago.

Sound familiar ?

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd rather he kept his hands down in future..

Sean Daleer and Can'tbehooped like this.
  4. john2061

Just goes to show how big a job Ange has got on his hands with all the want away players and deadwood in the squad and need players in pronto and the board better back him .

5. Bonobhoy

Yep.

I kinda feel sorry for any manager coming into this...The board should be ashamed of themselves to allow all this to happen over the last year.

But this guy will get thrown under the bus if it don't work out.

Its one heck of a job....but we must get rid of a majority of this team somehow and rebuild.

john2061 likes this.
  6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The only one of that lot I'd maybe consider hanging onto, and this is going to be controversial, is Strachan. I get the impression Ange can work with him. He seems to be much more involved than he was under Lenny, and actually seems to be enjoying it from what I have seen so far.

I also get the impression he is the type of guy that if given instructions he will get things done, but if left to his own devices will struggle to decide where to begin. So if, for example, Ange tells him he wants the players drilled in x, y and z this week and concentrate of passing and movement in the training he'll do precisely that. But if Lenny had said to him (and it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't too far off the mark) take training today, he'd just go through the same routine they do every day as he wouldn't think anything else is expected of him. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now as we have only really seen him under Lenny and Kennedy. If Ange thinks he can use him that's good enough for me.

7. Bonobhoy

TBH I kinda agree.....I think he just got * ripped with the laptop and *.

With the hatred i still have for them from last season,he wasn't that involved.

Kennedy on the other hand i want removed asap...He is one sour faced * and brings absolute nothing to this setup.

Lupis likes this.
  8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yeah, Kennedy should go. He looks like he has a massive chip on his shoulder. The very first picture that was released of Ange meeting them for the first time was telling for me. Strachan was standing shaking his hand and smiling. Kennedy was sitting with his face tripping him. Not a great first impression to be giving to your new boss. He either needs to go completely or at least be shipped out of the first team coaching staff.

9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Can't compare Eddy and Bitton with Griffiths situation

King of Kings likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I like he showed a bit of passion, but whys he Jackie channing his finger into a divers face the *. He's shown enough times now he doesn't learn. He can do a job aswel. Always seems to be performing very well and then does that. Its not the odd mistake, its majority of high pressure games. Games in all fairness he shouldn't be playing. Atleast ange will learn that early on so shouldn't be a common theme.

11. Bonobhoy

No you cant...Griffs may be further away from the rest of the situations but what about a majority of the rest?

If its to do with on the park,then how far do you let * like Eddie/Ntcham/Boli etc get away with stupid * just so they can appologise on a facebook account thinking its ok.

FFS Lennon could have appologised for last season....Would he be forgiven or Respected for it?

A majority of fans already have had enough of this *...Not many people can be arsed with the pat on the back * for appologising.

We are lucky we are still in this tie due to this muppet....and it aint the first time.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Massive difference between a player apologising for making a mistake on the pitch and apologising for repeated misconduct off it.

13. Lecs

I'm massively disappointed with Bitton after last night.

A player of his vast experience should know better than to start acting like a * child in the first half when we've worked hard to score a very important goal and pull ahead.

He put Ange in a difficult situation with * nonsense. I want a 29 year old internationalist who's been here for 8 years to act with more maturity. He's been a good servant to the club but he's miles off it. No pace, caught out of position all the time, his, reading of the game is dreadful and he often makes rash, stupid fouls. But last night was the icing on the cake.

I've said it for years but our players need to get smarter, we have too many players who make * stupid decisions when on yellow cards.

Maybe it's more experienced professionals that we need, I don't know.

Dan Breen and Bonobhoy like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    A disgrace again today..

Came on and was shocking for 2 goals..

15. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Got his new contract, doesn't give a *.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. Lecs

I hate that I find myself disliking Celtic players.

In all my days supporting Celtic I genuinely can't remember feeling this way.

Aye we don't always rate certain players or we understand that players are of limited ability but I'm sick of the sight of too many * players in our squad.

Would love it if we just had a massive clear out.

Sydneysider and muaythai postie like this.
  17. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    This is exactly how I feel. As a Celtic fan and finding myself hating players??? Bcoz through no fault of their own they're just not good enough to play for Celtic so shouldn't actually be here..that's why I turn my anger to the * running Celtic or should I say running Celtic into the ground.

Lecs likes this.
  18. Lecs

Exactly.

That was my rant in the Ange thread, what sort of chance does the guy have when he has no support, no backroom staff, brought in so late with crucial games coming up, with a team full of dicks.

My rage at Bitton was that I'm counting on the senior players who have been at Celtic for 8 years or so to not be the ones that let our new manager down.

Sydneysider and muaythai postie like this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    This rat * as well..

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can anyone offer an explanation as to why Bitton was preferred over Walsh?

Sydneysider likes this.