1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kühn

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jan 16, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kühn in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. OverandOver

He looked terrified to even attempt to attempt...

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Feels like this is basically how we sign players. Not even joking.

JamesM09 likes this.
  3. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    He was weakened by a serious dental issue that stopped him eating for a while.

Hopefully he just needs to build his strength back up, but even making allowances for things such as his newness and possible weakness, he still showed nothing.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I did judge him after 45minutes.

Yet to be proven wrong.
    If anything after today's apparent performance (was working but reading this thread), I've probably been too kind to him so far.

If you've not realised yet, we are kinda * at making transfers the last couple seasons.
    We bullshit the fans weekly about signings, mislead and lie about what we do (or don't do).

Think it's fair to judge some players early on and ask the question - is he the quality we was told we would sign?

Answers, no.
    Again.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

5. Big C

Powder puff and no pace. Who is buying these wingers that are not wingers??? Never go past a man!!!

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My point was based on his 45 against Aberdeen, I clearly wasnt including tonights game, but I'll bite and include it for arguments sake.

He was poor tonight, but surely it's not difficult to give new players a few games before labelling them as * or not good enough.

It works the opposite way too, it's easy to overhype a player after a few good games, Palma being the perfect example.

If it's the same this time next month, then sure, by all means label him */not good enough, I just think its far too early.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Wasn't overly impressed with him tonight, but agree that he needs time.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Honestly think you're missing what I'm saying.

I'm not calling him * (well wasn't before tonight), I was questioning if he's the quality we was told we would only sign.

Think it's easy to spot early on that he isn't the quality that takes us up a level.

May very well be a good player for us, but I'm not remotely assured that he's a quality signing that is improving us.
    More of the same it would seem of many wingers at the club who all look like they could offer something, but none able to step up a level.

When I hear the manager tell us we will only sign quality that improves us, I'm expecting to see a player come in and excite us almost instantly. Albeit I understand some need game time to get up to speed at a new club, but more often than not when it's a player of real quality, you can see that in their game even if they are rusty.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

James likes this.
  9. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Will fit right in with Rodgers' system.......

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm not missing any point, you're saying he's not the required quality for us.

My rebuttal is he's had less than 2 games of football under his belt for us, and unless you watched him in Austria, saying he's not the required level after 1 and a half games is ridiculously harsh.

Some players do come in and are excellent instantly like Hatate and Kyogo, some take a bit longer to get going, like Giakoumakis. *, people were calling Dembele the next Amido Balde after his first few games (which looking back, is wrong for multiple reasons)

Kuhn might not be the required quality for us, and giving our track record over the last two seasons, it is easy to suggest he won't make it here, all I'm saying is its harsh to label him anything so early on.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He was gash and that didn't fill me with hope after sticking up for him earlier today.

But will need time still.

Concern is he looks insanely weak and feeble in what is already a weak and feeble side for the most part. Doesn't seem at all interested in coming back the way either which could be a big issue.

As a modern winger he simply has to have that in his game unless he's * Ronaldinho.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He absolutely needs time, literally impossible to judge so far other than to say on face value he’s not looked great but that has to be taken in context.

We’ll see what he’s like in half a dozen games.

NomDePlum, martin_d and HTG like this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it earlier in the match thread but whoever is out on that wing needs his supporting full back to help with an overlap or even just an option to bounce off. Think Ralston did it once in the whole game and it resulted in a great ball in.

Needs a run of games before any sort of judgement though, especially when there are clearly issues with how they're being asked to play. If a miracle happens and we actually start playing with confidence, then we'll see what he's made of.

14. Foley1888

Barely ever tried to do anything other than pass it straight back to where it came from. Was absolutely rotten tonight, only to be outdone by Abada who looked like he had never seen a football before.

It’s that bad I am wondering when Yang is back. I would be tempted to try 3-5–2 for the weekend. Play Bernabei and Maeda wide purely for running power. Mind you if Welsh pulled up do we have a third centre back? Lagerbielke?

Hopefully Iwata is fit and could come into the midfield.

15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Our fans are honestly the worst for this type of thing. Write boys off after their 1st game. But in a couple of weeks time if he scores 1/2 he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Give him some time ffs.

HTG likes this.
  16. James Gold Member Gold Member

He seems like more of what we already have. Not this 'quality' we heard about for weeks

Sentinel likes this.
  17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Ralston supported him plenty. More than once he chose to pass back or inside instead

NomDePlum likes this.
  18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Start of the second half Ralston got into space on the overlap and helped open them up, was very slick. Any other time felt like there was just no movement or anyone looking to make something happen, no real opportunity to cut them open.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hopefully see more of what his highlights showed as ir seemed like he loved taking on a man.

Maybe just lacking that confidence a bit atm, new side etc.

Must have something in him given the clubs that have went for him.

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Honest to *, I could’ve done what he did tonight if I was started on the right wing. Trap the ball and then pass sideways or back to a player in a lot of space ?