1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

* *. I can’t even comprehend to comment on that.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I just read the actual quotes. That is utterly terrifying. He actually makes out that sitting the players down to analyse a match was some kind of punishment for them and not something that should be happening after every game, win or lose.

I don’t know if this is brinkmanship with the board, they want him to walk to save a pay off but he won’t, but whatever it is it’s heartbreaking to think this is how his Celtic career might end.

Please Neil for the love of the wee man, stop talking.

3. Liam II JP

That quote is beyond shocking. With our performances this year and recent results you knew something was wrong behind the scenes, but that is unbelievable at a club like Celtic. I love the guy, but making a comment like that and not realising how wrong it is really shows how off the pace he is and how much we have regressed since he's taken over. It's terrifying that such a lack of professionality has been allowed to take root at our club and doesn't fill me with hope for the rest of the season :frown:

4. SuperZidane

I didn't think anything Lennon says could surprise me any more but this is simply staggering.

Whatever people may think of Rodgers, he moved the club forward massively in terms of game analysis, sports science, coaching and general professionalism.

Lennon has taken us massively backwards and comments like this show how out of his depth he is.

Unfortunately Rangers* have a very good coach in Michael Beale and that's why we've been shown up in the last 3 matches.

As someone else pointed out - Lennon makes it sound like a punishment for the players and also some sort of revolutionary idea.

We will continue to go backwards until he's replaced. I think we will win today (as we should against Motherwell) and the board will claim - we had a bad week but we're back on track now.

I fear things will have to get worse before they get better.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  5. Sydneysider

Im stunned ! I thought every manager worth his salt ALWAYS did this ! Im baffled

6. oh bhoy

why the * is he still here

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Markybhoy

Because Peter Lawwell thinks it's a good idea?

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... Said it the other night as well - * performances and results are one thing, but Lennon has came out with some cringe worthy and baffling comments this season in the wake of them.

He's totally out of his depth.

9. Martybhoy53

He should analyse his "tactics", man management, his cringeworthy pre and post match drivel, his body language and above all else the damage he is doing to the club.

10. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There’s a flip side to video analysis. It’s not just about learning from mistakes but also to highlight what went well and how to promote the same passages of play or movements again.

The confidence a player will get from their manager pointing out a something and saying, this here - perfect.
    Even a team movement like a nice triangle interchange or high press.

* motivation, inspiration and confidence. It’s a team talk in itself.

charlietully likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Had to get your wee bit in about how wonderful “Rangers” are (can’t even bring yourself to say Sevco).

This is Celtic Chat pal, you want to have a wee tug about how good you think the amazing huns and their no trophies are, there is a whole thread dedicated to them.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * * that interview is a disaster.

Has he just admitted he doesn't rewatch the games after them, win lose or draw, you rewatch the game with the squad and you go through it with a fine toothpick.

The * has he been doing all season?

The worry is he is literally showing up, putting them through the same 10 drills every day, then picking his pals for a game of 11 a side down the park.

He's completely * clueless.

We've went from a manager who watched every * game of his opponents, to one who doesn't even watch our own games.

No wonder the players have given up, the manager does not give a *.

Edouard, ntcham, brown, McGregor, rogic, all of them bar 10 or so have went from a model professional setup, with fitness at the fore front, analysis your opponent's and your own performance, to basically do what the * you want attitude.

That interview alone is an admittance of not doing the bare basics of his job, get the * our Lennon.

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the team again, he is literally ruining these lads career.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

13. seanm

huns are * miles ahead of us imo and i have very very green tinted glasses. lennon is scared of gerrard and unless he goes we are * . league will be lost well before xmas.HH

14. DonnyCelt

Has been clear for a while now he just sends the players out onto the training field and says "just run about and do whatever."

The stuff he comes out with is beyond shocking for modern day football. We have gone backwards at an alarming rate under him and will continue to do so.

15. seanm

please go lenny asap.if you love the club you will.HH

16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I can't listen to his fukin guff anymore.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

"plateaued a little bit."
    Jesus.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:giggle1: hh

_DannyBhoy_, JC Anton and Bobo_ like this.
  19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

“Good morning everyone. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So today, we’re going to do some post match analysis....”

Gyp Rosetti and King of Kings like this.
  20. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I pray to * someone like Kennedy is scouting opponents ahead of time and trying to pass it on. Because I now cannot imagine Lennon is doing it.

Peej likes this.