1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GreenLeanMean

I thought Neil was starting to get better with bringing on the right players earlier than he's known for. But in the last couple of games he's taken a bit too long again.

2. Dubliner1

Some people on here just need to give Neil Lennon a break. He gets enough of a hard time from others within the media, etc. Steven Gerrard has won sweet FA as a manager but now he is the new Pep.

Pogues and joemc like this.
  3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He's not been selected, he was available in plenty of the games just not given game time.

Might have been on here, can't mind but was a stat showing him being available.

thailandceltic likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Football is all about current form, it really doesn't matter what you have done in the past, current form is everything in football, it's a simple as that I think.

And the fact of the matter is no matter how much we dislike it, that scouse * has the huns on form.. hes brought his team to Celtic park and won, playing well in Europe and is top of the league by 9 points although played more games...

On the other hand we have stuttered in the league and been poor in Europe...

Ths media will big up the huns because they have a title race and it sells papers etc..

Lennon should also know all this and not get embroiled with the hacks in Scotland.. hes experienced enough

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That fella makes it up as hes typing..fantasy land some of the stuff he comes out with

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He might have been ‘available’ but he wasn’t fit and ready, getting him properly rested and allowed for his body to recover, especially being injured all throughout pre-season. It’ll come up big for is this season.

Random Review likes this.
  7. scootz

As other have noted, the criticism of Lenny has been far too harsh. Yes, there are areas of the team that need tightened (chiefly, the defence, and also a longterm midfield strategy), but it's nowhere near as bad as some have been making out.

Folks were wetting their panties at the Hamilton, Well, Ross County and Hibs games - we were world-beaters (apparently). But the truth is that we really were no better or worse in those games than we were in the Killie, Ferencvaros, AC, Lille and Aberdeen games. Notwithstanding the final scores, the overall performances were broadly similar - we were the better team in all the domestic games and largely competitive in the Euro matches.. things just didn't 'happen' for us, and here's a thing, our squad had truly been decimated!

Yes, you can argue that Lenny didn't manage the absences particularly well (and he certainly didn't manage the second half of the Lille game at all well), but it wasn't the *-shows that some were moaning about.

The one that REALLY hurt was the Zombie match - no one comes away from that with any credit (and that includes the whining fans who cast the spectre of doom and gloom pre-match). But lets get back to the truth - the squad had been turned upside down by injury and C-19... it was always going to be a struggle. At the end of the day, were Rangers 1st Team light years ahead of our 3rd Team? No - absolutely not. They were a bit better, and they ground out a dour result. Big * deal!

Onto this most recent Cup game against Aberdeen and the surge of positivity from some of the prior naysayers. TBH, the performance wasn't much different to our previous matches - the most notable thing was that Ryan stuck one of those long-range shots in that he's been missing left-right-and-centre of late (and been given * for). There are still frailties in defence, and we REALLY need to drill our players to be attacking the goal-line more as there were a couple of tap-ins waiting to be scored from lovely whipped-in cross balls.

Despite having the best squad in the country, I tend not to 'do' predictions as I like to think that the Celtic Way is a path of humbleness. Christ knows we gave the Zombie ancestors * for their 90's arrogance, and we continue to do so with the likes of the English national sporting teams, so I hate it when some Celts act the blow-hard. That said, I really feel that we will seal the Quad Treble, and we will win the 10IAR... the latter is a TEAM effort though, and even though the stadiums are empty, the TEAM includes YOU! We must never underestimate the impact of fan negativity on the club. If you don't believe that Players and Managers don't venture online to gauge what's being said about them, then you're mental. Can you imagine your frame of mind if you're reading the comments that some have posted on here (and elsewhere)?

I said it in a previous post - I don't expect happy-clapping for the sake of it, but us fans can be part of the problem (by amplifying the negativity), or we can be part of the solution (by being pragmatic about results / performances and SUPPORTING the team). It really is your choice which way you go, but I get the impression that some 'fans' are only content when we're laying waste to an opponent... they simply can't cope rationally when that doesn't happen (for whatever reason). It's the 'all' or 'nothing' generation.

Anyway, my point - TBH I've rambled so much pish that I can barely remember - oh aye, support your * team!

HAIL * HAIL!

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    One of those posts where I wish I could give more than one like.

Dannybhoy81, scootz and Liam Scales like this.
  9. Dubliner1

scootz - TOP class post above. We will have the usual suspects dialling into Super Scoreboard tonight looking to get Neil the sack. We don't need this type of negativity. Look at Man City, Real Madrid, Man Utd, etc. at present. Spending 100's of millions and still struggling. All teams go thru a dip in form. Class is STILL permanent

Random Review, joemc and scootz like this.
  10. joemc

Its not a normal season and some players are struggling to bring their A game without fans , understandable really , when u consider the support drive the team on at cp , outwith this we are mentally weak tbh .

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  11. scootz

Not sure I can agree with this last bit. The 'mentally weak' would have been reduced to complete basket-cases after some of the foul slagging we've seen recently. They'd have either fallen to pieces, or hidden themselves away. That's not happened here - they've all still made themselves available when they can. I'm particularly impressed with Lenny in this regard - we all know he has faced serious mental health issues in the past, but * me, I'm SO impressed that he's continued to put himself front-and-centre during one of the worst (and most unnecessary) *-storms that I can remember. That takes some pair of stones!

Double Dutch likes this.
  12. scootz

My anger on this issue has been building up for some time now. I've been SO disappointed with the way that some have gone for Lenny... and particularly with the words that they've chosen to describe him with. He's one of us and a club legend FFS! He's gone through * for us on many occasions... and yet some spoilt brats of 'fans' choose to send him there again!?

YES - YOU ARE!

He is deserving of so much more respect.

He's not untouchable - I've criticised his decision making and body language recently, but I'd like to think that I've been fair by taking into account the ball-aches he's had to face (C-19, and way OTT slagging).

Be critical of him - he's not above that - but for * sake be measured and considerate with your opinion because your 'anonymous' words can do so much harm... and not just to individuals, but to all of us in the Celtic Family!

13. joemc

Sorry m8, I haven't explained this part properly , I mean as fans we are weak mentally, hence the complete meltdown at the fact the huns are playing well and have got the better at cp under a very weakened team for many reasons , we have lost our * on here and only some have stayed true and kept faith .
    I mentioned at the start of the season that if we fail this year it will come mostly from our own fans not having faith and becoming negative as the season progresses , we have to embrace challenge to avoid stagnating , at times in here we have turned and ran at the first sign of a battle .
    I want to see us win everything , and we have for so long , therefore I cant complain , im willing to accept the bumps along the way but the measuring stick only comes out at the end of the season and a better league means a better product for sponsors and tv and more money , as long as we stay ahead of the game I'm happy , at the moment too many of us have turned our attention to them and getting frustrated by our problems as a result , we need to keep our eye on the ball , focus only on wot we do .

Liam Scales and scootz like this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Remember, we are all Celtic supporters and we are all Neil Lennon.

15. joemc

Nail On the head .

16. celtic warrior

See poch has confirmed he is just waiting for Celtic to reach out:56::56:

Not what he said at all but still, close enough. :56::56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    His subs at the weekend were pointless, they had no effect on the remainder of the game.

We were blowing out our * in the middle of the park and he brings two strikers on.

Smithy and oh bhoy like this.
  18. joemc

Fresh legs to defend from the front .

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: We've had our own issues so we do have sympathy for Sparta. Our latest tests from yesterday have all returned negative."

NL on
    @Leighgriff09
    : "I'm delighted for him. Playing for
    @ScotlandNT
    means a lot to him so it's another positive step in the right direction. He's worked really hard and has come back looking as hungry as ever.

NL: "We know that if we can get a positive result, it puts us in a good position in the group. We're looking forward to the game on the back of a great win at the weekend.

NL on injury updates: "Mikey Johnston has been training but he'll be a while yet. Christopher Jullien will resume training soon, hopefully he'll be back in contention after the international break. James Forrest had surgery this week so will miss a considerable time."

NL on
    @ScottBain_
    : "He's been in the team and played very well. A strong performance on Thursday and a clean sheet on Sunday."

NL on lack of recent game time for Sparta: "It's difficult from their point of view in terms of postponements to get any rhythm. They're still an excellent side and we'll have to be prepared.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member