1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No, they were elevated by having clearly defined roles in the team which were drilled into them in training. Now no one knows who is meant to be marking who is meant to be tracking runners and who is meant to be pressing. When you don't know what your team mate is going to do in a specific situation one of them is, 50% of the time, going to guess wrong and then you end up with either both doing the same thing, or neither doing what needs done.

Keano88, hector zeroni and martin_d like this.
  2. SuperZidane

I think that you are right about the bonus had we achieved 10IAR - I also think that (if the board have even identified a target), they will not be available until the summer and I don't think there is any plan B (as usual).

They obviously don't want to sack Lennon then have to pay him a bonus (which I totally agree with).

If we're right about the bonus - then the day after the Huns clinch, it - Lennon should be told to make a statement saying he's leaving at the end of the season. At least, that would put supporters mind at rest about next season. If he won't then sack him.

I want Lennon\Kennedy\Strachan\Hammond\Lawwell to all go and I'd be reluctant to let Kennedy manage us even on an interim basis. However, if Lennon won't play ball and is sacked - I'd give it to Kennedy but he would have to be clear that it would be until the end of the season only and then he's out.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  3. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    The situations are not similar at all.

The old Huns were at the peak of their financial doping. So while Smith was leaving at the end of the season regardless of the outcome, the next manager would have the means to bring in several internationals to replace the deadwood. Let's not forgot, Advocaat was a highly regarded coach at that time, on a commanding salary (realtive to the era) but in any case, he wasn't left with a total mess. At least the Huns still took the league to the last day and could conceivably have won it.

Lennon's ineptitude is leaving Celtic not just 20 something points behind the scum and therefore in need of a much more substantial rebuild, but he is also leaving us in our worst financial position in well over a decade. That's whst failure to qualify for the CL on two separate occasions against dross like Cluij and Ferencvaros has done to us. We now need to sell our best players to mitigate the effects of Covid.

The Huns this time, on the other hand, are not going to have to change their manager like we did with Jansen. They're building from a solid base and will have more money than we have for the first time since their reincarnation.

Also, the winners of next year's league, get automatic entry into the CL. So in reality, the Huns will most likely be making 60m over the next two years while we struggle to make a profit. That is how grim the situation is.

vortex666 and bhoy81 like this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Regarding us stopping them doing the 10, We got rid of Jansen and brought in Dr Jo, then Barnes.

Mis-management once again. Then we got MON in.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that DD and board will do the right thing and get the right person for the job.

They don’t even have the bottle to do the right thing and get rid of that parasite Lennon.

Eddy and others will be sold this summer as they won’t want to be here and they go into the last year of their deals.

The new manager will need time to bring his own players in and implement change. I can’t see us doing with the scum did and brought in a good manager like they did with Advocaat

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It's the kind of record you expect a John Hughes or a Gus McPherson or a Tommy Wright to have.

Someone whose level is Hibs in the Championship or a club like Bolton in League One. Nowhere near the level required at Celtic.

Oh wait... :lenny2:

johnboy19 likes this.
  6. Onefootwonder

Where have Rangers suddenly got money from? They have been outliving their means by a long way for years. They have already said they will be selling in the summer. They will also have been heavily hit by CV19.

I'm not sure I agree they have a strong base to build on. Many of their best players are all getting old and they will be selling their best players.

McGregor is having the season of his life. They still haven't offered him a contract.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Huns will sell players simple reason they are not under pressure to keep them after winning a league Morelos will be away and only a portion of they funds will be used they have always said they will copy our model in selling players they will be on a rebuild next season especially if klopp walks slippy will be back at liverpool in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Even still McGregor is slipping shadow of himself in that antwerp game and was losing his * in the Hamilton game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Onefootwonder

Steven Davis is out of contract as well.

10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It's usually about 12.30 managers get sacked if memory saves me right.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Wealthy donors piling in cash and not wanting it back. Hence all these share issues.

European success. Last 32 of the EL last year, last 16 bound at the moment. European football pays the bills.

And after success on both domestic and European fronts this season, they can now demand decent fees for 3/4 of their bigger players. Fees we laughed at it over the last few years. They’ll cash in on a few of these in the summer for sure.

Suddenly mad Phil’s administration 2.0 conspiracy theory is in ruins. They gambled a * of a lot on this season, in terms of player investment and the clubs financial standing as a whole. It’s paid off and now they can reap the rewards.

Lennon1888 and The Phoenix like this.
  12. ddub11

Wasnt to long ago some on here were saying they were financially ruined and were going bust/finished,madness.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Our club allowed this to happen. Had we been run properly and had a decent coaching staff this would never have happened. This was deliberate and nothing will convince me otherwise. Covid gave them the cover they needed to do it.

14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It's not that they will suddenly become Man City or PSG.

But since 2018 Champions League income has been the largest its even been for English or Scottish teams playing in Europe because of the share if the TV market pool with BT.

We haven't got near it since those changes in TV revenue.

Thus where CL would have been in the 25-30m range, it's now closer to 40m. Now of course, given that we don't know the fan attendance situation, it's unlikely to be that high.

However when they qualify - and despite some delusional head in sand merchants they definitely will - they'll have wiped out their debt without having to sell a player. Their income next season will be significantly greater than ours.

We, on the other hand, need a director of football, a new manager, a significant rebuild of the squad and whatever else Lennon has destroyed behind the scenes. And yet we have to undertake this challenge in our worst financial position in a decade.

The scum are miles in front both on and off the park.

That's Lennon and Lawwell's legacy.

15. truedub1916

Great post

stubhoy07 likes this.
  16. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I don’t think it was deliberate.

It's just the incompetence was of such magnitude it appeared like self-sabotage.

We were never well run. That was a bootlicker myth.

The appointment of the failed Hibs and Bolton jakey was celebrated in Govan like a Champions League victory. Understandably so. We'd have pished ourselves laughing if after Pedro and Murty the scum had reappointed McCoist.

17. jambo_cfc

Only positive from this season is st mirren * there chances of a cup !!

seanm likes this.
  18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even in the 90s, which people love to talk about, we were finishing 4th etc and the gap wasn't even this big. Albeit only 2 points for a win.

Biggest in recent memory, 1999/00, they won the league by 21 points.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    seanm likes this.
  19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    No I do think that it was deliberate. We have never allowed ourselves to get way out in front. They were all lamenting the damage of having no OF in the Scottish game. PL knew he was leaving and had he been staying on this situation would have been untenable. As it is he and Lennon will go leaving a club on par with Sevco to begin again battling it out.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    seanm and martin_d like this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    His words were pretty insulting to some players. Ajer, one of our best players this season, and Welsh, are best youth player in ages told they don't want to defend. What about the midfield who is there to protect them, the training to have them deal with things and our attacking players who miss sitter after sitter.

seanm and Noskeil like this.