1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yay! Let’s have another 40 pages of a rumour from a blog that knows hee haw.

That won’t be tiresome at all

How about we sack him and spend a few million on a decent * manager instead of spunking it on another “project”?

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Football Club, where an assistant manager has been part of 2 different failed regimes....and they're rewarded with the main job as caretaker :celtman2:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    SuperZidane, seamus1967, mayo and 3 others like this.
  3. stew37

:56:

4. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Those Celtic blogs are 1 load of *.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Love your new avatar. Phil was a contender mate. I was at his debut at Firhill. The lad had it all. Such a shame about his injuries.

Rest in peace Phil

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Good lad was Phil.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. Zephyr

100% I don't think he can walk away because that's not how he is. The board are letting him be the scapegoat and totally taking advantage of him.

He needs to go but I'll always remember everything he done for us

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

8. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just taking a step back...how the * did it get to this point? I’m still struggling to grasp just how epic a * up this season has been. Mistake following error following lack of planning following poor judgement following negligence. Scunnered man.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Video Celts?

That the creep who was told to stay away from our youth games and stop trying to be pals with the young players?

10. StevieBhoooy!

GOOGLE X SPFL TRANSLATE

Club Sanctioned Pish ↔️ Plain English

“Video Celts understands that the club is ready to go for an in-house solution to buy the board some breathing space.”

—————————————————————-

“We are reporting as ordered (by the PLC) and the board are scared shitless about Season Ticket renewal uptake for next season. Getting rid of Lennon will hopefully appease the paying supporters in the immediate weeks while they think of a permanent solution. Kennedy will be cheap, plus he knows the club (and city) until an even cheaper option can be found for the longer term. HH

11. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Good point mate

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We had tickets for the game against Thistle that day. Got into the ground but they were in the process of upgrading the stadium and had those plywood boards at the back of the terracing and loads of Tim’s were getting pulled over the boards and into the terracing. :giggle1:

Still wasn’t annoyed at paying though. Phil absolutely ran the show that day, scored a couple of goals and just dominated the middle of the park.

Everyone left that day convinced he was a star in the making and he would have been but for the injuries.

A huge loss to Celtic through injury and a massive loss to friends and family with untimely passing.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That’s a bit of a claim. I hope you aren’t insinuating what you seem to be insinuating. Can you provide more information?

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  14. The Dude

What has Kennedy shown (or learnt) under Lennon that now qualifies him to be the permanent or interim manager of Celtic?

15. Zephyr

Cheap, does as he's told.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Not that I want Kennedy as manager, interim or otherwise, but I always find it amusing that he gets pelters for * that goes wrong but I don’t think he once got praise for being a coach under Rodgers.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If it’s the guy that used to go to our youth games then he was supposedly told to stop trying trying to be pals with the younger players.

Tweeting them, trying to get interviews, acting as if he knew them etc.

18. The Dude

We can only speculate about his coaching ability, but he must bear some responsibility for the complete lack of organisation, tactics, and player development that we have witnessed this season.

He was, apparently, unqualified for the position a little under two years ago, when his stock was at its highest. I would be astonished if he has improved significantly as a coach in the interim.

In any case, I think that he ought to prove himself as a manager at another club before he gets a look-in at Celtic. The danger of appointing him on an interim basis is that the board would be only too happy to hand him the job on a permanent basis if he treaded water until the end of the season.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If, supposedly etc.

Basically you are just * into the wind?

That initial post was loaded with innuendo mate. Maybe back it up before posting * that comes across as dodgy?

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Rodgers wanted to take him to Leicester apparently.

He has always been a fall guy when * goes Pete tong but never once got praise as a coach when Rodgers was here.

I have no information or opinion on his ability as a coach tbh, I doubt any of us do really. It’s just interesting that he gets trashed when it’s going wrong but no one ever bumped his thread when it was going well under Rodgers.

Regardless, he should be nowhere near the top job at our club.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.